Website essential??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemziex

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just wondering, how many of you actually get good business from your website? I have a facebook and twitter page but no sure wether to go for a website aswell. I have made a website myself once but it doesn't show up on google when searching (maybe something I'm doing wrong) but would any of you really advise to get a website and invest in someone doing it for you? thanks everyone xx

It's essential that you have a GOOD website as opposed to any old thing. If you have a rubbish one it will work against you.
It is your shop window; do you want to look like Harvey Nicks, or Oxfam?

Hi everyone! Just wondering, how many of you actually get good business from your website? I have a facebook and twitter page but no sure wether to go for a website aswell. I have made a website myself once but it doesn't show up on google when searching (maybe something I'm doing wrong) but would any of you really advise to get a website and invest in someone doing it for you? thanks everyone xx

you cant expect a website to show in google within 2minutes of it going live - and its not just a case of submitting it to google itself, theres loads of other stuff you can do - like google Analytics :cool: (Ruth knows what that smiley is for!)

Whether its a free, a monthly fee one (ie: Vistaprint), or a professional designed one, all of these need some sort of meta-tags :cool:, descriptions :cool: and keywords input before going live, and imo - I'd allow a mimimum of at least 2-4 weeks before you even consider searching for it in google.

Also, it helps if you have the right keywords etc.

Having asked the question ............ but would any of you really advise to get a website and invest in someone doing it for you?

Personally, I'd say, YES, then again I'm baised! :lol:

Thanks everyone! Think I'm just scared of it all going wrong if I was to get a website done for me, and having spent the money and not having any clients, I think I'm really just overthinking everything too much! lol xx

It was jack1202, above that did my website. I don't regret it. I have had really positive feed back. I was just going to get my husband to do mine as I thought it would be too expensive, but it really isn't.

Money well spent imo.

www.lovenails.info

It is very often the first things clients see. I also get annoyed if a business doesn't have a website.

X
Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

At least half of my business is from my website. People google Shellac in our area and BING! There's my site!! I pay £5 a month for a vista print site that I run myself - it's basically a big word document :)

x

Thanks everyone, I'm going to do one myself and see how it goes :hug: xx

It was jack1202, above that did my website. I don't regret it. I have had really positive feed back. I was just going to get my husband to do mine as I thought it would be too expensive, but it really isn't.

Money well spent imo.

www.lovenails.info

It is very often the first things clients see. I also get annoyed if a business doesn't have a website.

X
Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Thanks for the post Lilian, but Im called Jack1102 :lol::lol:

Obviously I cant promote myself on here, so if anyone wants to know more, or check out some sites Ive done, then just drop me a PM ladies (or gents!) :smack:

I don't get a lot of business from my website. Get more business from twitter and Facebook. although my website isn't the best, might have to think about getting a better one!

I get 80-90% of my clients through my website and I made it myself. The rest of them are recommendations and word of mouth. It's always in the first page of google. I never pay for something that I can do it myself and free! I always get good comments about my website from clients. The important thing is keywords...

Latest posts

Back