Website-if buy domain name will my old address be recognised?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trudy.trudylee

Reaction score
i have a free website thro webs.com & i have the option of upgrading & getting a domain name so i would change from The Healing and Beauty Hut to www.thehealingandbeautyhut.com . my question is, if i change would clients who only have the old website address still be able to access the new address (would it default to the new address)?
also is it worth upgrading as i dont have any coding on my website at the moment & not even sure all search engines can find my website as i cant on my own mobile!
Thanks x

Hi, ive got my website with them as well, and was wondering the same thing so I will be following this closely

miss Beauty-licious

Well clients will be put off by .webs anyway do a real domain will help. Regarding ranking it's almost impossible to rank free web builders even upon upgrade.

Well clients will be put off by .webs anyway do a real domain will help. Regarding ranking it's almost impossible to rank free web builders even upon upgrade.

so is there really no point in upgrading then? do i have to start again? but i will need a new website address is that right??

so is there really no point in upgrading then? do i have to start again? but i will need a new website address is that right??

It depends what you want to do....

In theory - best to check with them - but if you buy your own domain and use it to your .webs site both the .webs domain and your domain should work. You can setup your domain to forward to .webs which means you wouldn't pay to upgrade on .webs but get a similar desired effect.

If you're buying you're own domain it may be a good time to consider a professional web design bespoke to you?

Here is some of the work we have done for clients - Cheap Website Design London

It depends what you want to do....

In theory - best to check with them - but if you buy your own domain and use it to your .webs site both the .webs domain and your domain should work. You can setup your domain to forward to .webs which means you wouldn't pay to upgrade on .webs but get a similar desired effect.

If you're buying you're own domain it may be a good time to consider a professional web design bespoke to you?

Here is some of the work we have done for clients - Cheap Website Design London

Thanks I'll take a look. i cant get to speak to webs as i havent subscribed to one of their more expensive packages!

Thanks I'll take a look. i cant get to speak to webs as i havent subscribed to one of their more expensive packages!

That's appalling!

I know for a fact if you buy your domain at 123reg you could set up a forward to your .webs address so both will work.

That's appalling!

I know for a fact if you buy your domain at 123reg you could set up a forward to your .webs address so both will work.

but then even if i buy a domain name i'm not going to be able to use coding - is that right? i#ll check out your websites tomorrow

but then even if i buy a domain name i'm not going to be able to use coding - is that right? i#ll check out your websites tomorrow

What coding did you wanna do?

What coding did you wanna do?

I just want to appear in search engines etc. im not even sure i am shown in all the search engines as i couldnt find my website on my mobile! i know i can be accesed via google chrome but not sure about the others! thanks

I just want to appear in search engines etc. im not even sure i am shown in all the search engines as i couldnt find my website on my mobile! i know i can be accesed via google chrome but not sure about the others! thanks

if you're on .webs then the likelihood of ranking your site on google or any others its slim to none.

Google is the main one as something like 95% of search traffic is done through Google.

If you want to rank then a professional website from scratch will need to be done.

Latest posts

Back