Website name help needed!!!! x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ank

Reaction score
Good morning/Afternoon to you all,

My boyfriend is going to set me up a website but we are debating on the website name, my business name is Beautiful Nails by Anneka, but my partner thinks that this could be too long for a website name and has mentioned BNBA instead.
Would really appreciate your opinion x

I prefer your full name hun rather than the abbreviated version, it sounds like an insurance company or charity to me...hth..x

I prefer full name too x thanks for your opinion suze x

i agree go with the full name, people who already know ur business will be searching with those exacts not abbreviations :)

I've got to agree with your boyfriend sorry, www.beautifulnailsbyanneka.co.uk is too long and looks unprofessional in my opinion! What about something like anneka-nails and then when someone logs onto your site they'll see the full titile...

You've got the best idea Ank! The full domain name is more likely to be picked up by Search Engines a lot quicker as it has the keywords in it already. "bnab" is too generic & means nothing.

www.beautifulnailsbyanneka.co.uk looks lovely!

.... but remember, you could register both if you wanted to, and have both names "point" to the same site....

Hope that helps and good luck with the site! :)

Thanks for all your help, my boyfreind got the website name last night and i went for the full name, both .co.uk and .com x
Best wishes x

I prefer your full name hun rather than the abbreviated version, it sounds like an insurance company or charity to me...hth..x

Aye, it reminds me of the bank, "MBNA"...

Aye, it reminds me of the bank, "MBNA"...

It now makes me burst into song... BMBM, is it the biscuits from years ago, anyone remember what im going on about?? ha ha ha x

Hi,

On website names it is far better to use a search term that is likely to be googled. For instance B & Q use diy.com because the know that people are likely to be searching for diy than for "b and q". So my advise would be to go for nails + where you are located. Also go for .com rather than any other .blah.

hope this helps

Alternative suggestion -
www.nailsbyanneka.com
then when they log on they'll see the 'beautiful' prefix :)

Latest posts

Back