Wedding Fair's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marilyn Monroe

Reaction score
hi I've seen a few geeks mention wedding fairs, how would i get into this?

i did one when i was training and had a workplacment, they just packed me off to the local shopping centre and told me to do nail art and talk about what treatments we offered,i was terrified at 16 and alone lol. it was a huge company too!

anyways if you have done it in the past how much does it cost and what do you do?
did you get any clients from it?

Just find out the venus near you that are holding them ring and ask for a table make sure youve got lots of samples of your work maybe take a model and do her and another person that could maybe give information to future clients hand out leaflets have a book people can put their name and address in and contact number so you can ring them personally and discuss things have a diary to hand incase anyone wants to book you should get loads of leads :lol:

Some of the big name hotels host wedding fairs, so you could try calling some for info.

Also, googling information to do with wedding fairs and bridal services may find venue information, then you just have to get in touch with the venue and see if they have any space / tables left.

The amount of leads / bookings you get really depends on how much you can interact with the people. I'm sure now you are older it will not be as scary and you will be able to interact with people a lot more easily. You have to make sure you leave with names and phone numbers, even if you don't get any sealed appointments.

Also when doing the fairs, don't forget that its not just the bride who is a potential customer. They usually take somebody with them ie, mum or bridesmaid to the fairs and that person might be quite into their nails, so it's possible to pick up new regular customers even if it's not a bride!

i did a fayre a few weeks ago at a big hotel and i found it through a search on google then contacted the organiser. It cost £85 for a table and i made up envelopes with info in such as offers, bridal packages etc, i got my nails and makeup portfolios out on the table and a few bunches of balloons provided free by the local balloon man ( i gave out his cards in my envelopes to). A lot of ladies at the fayre werent actually getting married for a year or so meaning it could be a while before you receive enquiries but i did get interest and picked up a client for nails who was actually helping out at the fayre. also i few exibitors came up to me and asked if they could take some cards to put in their shops to give out to potential brides so thats good too

To be honest I think wedding fayres are a bit of a waste of time and money. Most people are 'just getting ideas' and are months (if not years) away from the actual event. I remember doing wedding fayres when I was in another business and I once met a girl at a wedding fayre who didnt even have a boyfriend but was planning her big day!!!! They will take your cards etc but will still do their own research when they get home. I think your money is much better spent on other forms of advertising like yellow pages/flyers/internet.

xx

To be honest I think wedding fayres are a bit of a waste of time and money. Most people are 'just getting ideas' and are months (if not years) away from the actual event.
xx

Totally agree. Been there, done that. The trouble with wedding fairs is that the weddings are usually so far in the future, they lose your details before then, and also nails & beauty are waaay down the list of priorities of where to spend the money.

I did a wedding fayre last Sunday and have already had 4 bookings from it. It cost £70. You really need to be quite out-going though and push yourselves forward and a lot of the clients will be 'one off' for the wedding rather than regulars.

You just need to contact the hotels etc directly and ask for a table as suggested above. They are normally in Spring or Autumn.

Whilst focusing on wedding fayres can bring in new clients you may also want to contact the pta's of local schools as they often holds lots of events throughout the year that would be great for you to attend.

xx

A table at a wedding fair round here costs about £300

I was offered one recently (which I declined) and when the brochure came out there was not 1 single nail person in it - not even salons.

It is too much for me and if salons aren't going in I don't think it can be that good for biz (at least round my way)

To be honest I think wedding fayres are a bit of a waste of time and money. Most people are 'just getting ideas' and are months (if not years) away from the actual event. I remember doing wedding fayres when I was in another business and I once met a girl at a wedding fayre who didnt even have a boyfriend but was planning her big day!!!! They will take your cards etc but will still do their own research when they get home. I think your money is much better spent on other forms of advertising like yellow pages/flyers/internet.

xx

I completely disagree :D

I have been to a few with my sis who gets married next year,she booked a beauty therapist who did demo's on the day and she took a print off calendar of next year and the year after. She took 50% deposit and gave a 10% off voucher for booking on the day leaving only 40% to pay at the appointment.

My sil is a photographer,she did her first fayre recently,she needed one booking on the day to cover costs,she got three and has two since and numerous enquiries !

There will be people just getting ideas,make an impression and they'll remeber you. I would also recomend going to well organised,well situated bigger fayres to make it worth while with cost.

Fyi not many fayres have beauty therapists,nail tach or bridal mua ,especially doing demo's so when the do they get lot's of interest.

One other major factor Imo for bridal make up is retail,my sis chose an artist who retails the lip colours she uses to allow her to top up throughout the day

Hth's

Latest posts

Back