Weight always on your mind?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachybaby

Reaction score
Coversations with clients tend to vary but weight is always a topic that never fails to keep us gossiping for a full hour. I have recently gone from 10.7 to 9 stone and felt fantastic and loved all the compliments, but now have found that I feel fat again, even though not put any on. Is it possible to get compftable at a certain weight and then feel as though you havent changed?
Its my wedding next year and I said if I get to 9 stone I'll be happy, but trying on dresses has made me think I would like to be 8.7. I guess thats why Posh cant see why we all think she's thin, she's been thin for ages and see'sher body constantly and has got used to it!
Don't get me wrong I've not got a problem with food, I bloody love it! But my weight is something I think about on a daily basis.

How about all you?

I agree.. i have always had a prob with the way i look... when i met huby i was 6.7, after first child i went too 9st, after second child i went to 10st and have not been able to get any lower, after giving up smoking i am now 11st.9 and really hate myself.... i pract, starve myself, i do 200 sit ups a day and go to the gym 3 times a week, why oh why is this weight not coming off. if anything i seem to be gaining more weight, i know about this fat being lighter then mussle but i dont seem to be toning or anything, i could sit and cry all day, i eat 3 times a day (very light meals) HELP....:cry::cry::cry:

I could never get below 10 stone and I don't care what anyone says about eating healthy an exercise, my weight came off because I stuck to 800 cals a day and was hungry all the time, even going to bed starving! I used to fill up on diet coke!!! It came falling off!

Yes it's a subject that keeps me and my friends talking for hours on end. Joined slimming world before my wedding and lost what i needed to and got down to 8 stone 9lb , put some back on, then got pregnant with my 2nd baby, 10st full term and now she's 7 months I'm back down to 8st 9lb, set myself another target of 7st 10lb by xmas but I prob won't reach it cos I just love my food too much!!! You're right though, we're never happy and even when we reach our target, we still feel we can do that little bit better. I'm sure you look fab and most wedding dresses are really flattering anyway.

I . i pract, starve myself, i do 200 sit ups a day and go to the gym 3 times a week, why oh why is this weight not coming off. if anything i seem to be gaining more weight, i know about this fat being lighter then mussle but i dont seem to be toning or anything, i could sit and cry all day, i eat 3 times a day (very light meals) HELP....:cry::cry::cry:

See highlighted text: This is why you aren't losing any weight, you body goes into starvation mode (been there done that) and stores any foods it can.
Try eating 6 small light meals a day, try going to the gym every second day, and defo drink 2 litres of water a day.
Also what's your protein intake like? Do you eat 3 lots of protein a day, like cheese, eggs, or meats like chicken, fish, etc.

You could try Muesli with yoghurt for breakfast, a piece of fruit of morning tea, lunch could be chicken with a salad, afternoon tea couple of crackers with cheese, dinner could be grilled steak/fish/chicken etc and vegies with a small potato(if you want potato, otherwise leave it out), desert have another piece of fruit. Drinking your 2 litres of water aswell.

:hug: I know how hard it is to lose weight, sometimes I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle. If you do try this let us know how it goes.:hug:

Hi i lost 3 stone 3 years ago not that i was big but after having children:!: And i have kept it of but i do know what you meen you get comfortble with the way you are and strive for more i always stay around 9st 7 lb which is a healthy weight for my height my key is drink loads of water and walk everywhere:) It's how you feel and whats right for you:)

See highlighted text: This is why you aren't losing any weight, you body goes into starvation mode (been there done that) and stores any foods it can.
Try eating 6 small light meals a day, try going to the gym every second day, and defo drink 2 litres of water a day.
Also what's your protein intake like? Do you eat 3 lots of protein a day, like cheese, eggs, or meats like chicken, fish, etc.

You could try Muesli with yoghurt for breakfast, a piece of fruit of morning tea, lunch could be chicken with a salad, afternoon tea couple of crackers with cheese, dinner could be grilled steak/fish/chicken etc and vegies with a small potato(if you want potato, otherwise leave it out), desert have another piece of fruit. Drinking your 2 litres of water aswell.

:hug: I know how hard it is to lose weight, sometimes I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle. If you do try this let us know how it goes.:hug:
Oh no I do eat 3 times a day.. ie. 2 weetabix with skimmed milk, salad with lentals, tuna or chicken, but small portion, and meat, veg for dinner, fruit as snacks i just always seem to be hungry i have 1 cup of tea a day then its herbal tea all the rest, only drink diet coke or if i can zero coke, if none in the house i drink water, 8 glasses a day (mixed coke and water) ive watched all the get heathy and diet programs but nothing seams to work, this is why i dont understand why the weight is not coming off, i admit i do eat child size portions so maybe i,m not eating enough i have no idea..

Oh i remember when i was a size 8 and now im a size 12
I have good days and bad days but ive come to the point in thinking as long asi look good in clothes and feel happy then what the heck im alive and healthy and thats worth a lot more.

But man id love to be 9 stone again:lol:

This is just how I've been feeling lately.

I've recently lost 3 stone and dropped 3 dress sizes, but I still feel "fat".
I've got about 3 more stone to bo to be in my healthy BMI.
When I first lost the weight I felt great and "sexy" now I'm back to bringing myself down because of the rest I've got to lose, but I have to remind myself if you feel fat now what were you before?!

Keep a pair of your old size trousers so you can see how well you've done that always makes me feel good and laugh:lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep a pair of your old size trousers so you can see how well you've done that always makes me feel good and laugh:lol: :lol: :lol:

I held onto my old clothes for a while and then decided I had to get rid of them because I was worried part of me was holding onto them in case I put the weight on!
Theres nothing in my wardrobe now -boo hoo!

When I hit my goal weight my hubbies promised a big spending spree as a reward, yay!

Yes, we seem to wind up chatting about weight rather often.
And clients always seem worried about theirs, and then turn to me and say "how do you do it, what diet are you using" blah blah
I dont diet.
Have never dieted
Don't exercise either.
Some people actually get snippy with me for this, and I dont get it?

Prior to my kids, I HATED my size because I was LESS than a size one (us/cda size) which was 103lbs at my biggest (7.357 stone as per conversion site). I could NEVER find clothes that fit right, never mind buying anything on sale.. impossible. I was always stuck paying full price as stores would carry MAYBE only one size 1 OR a couple of 2's, but by the time stuff went on sale, they'd be all gone. So, I'd pay full price THEN go to the tailor and have stuff made even smaller:irked: Cost me a ruddy fortune. The 'petite' store was useless as it was for 'short' people and I'm not short.. I'm petite in frame...

THEN after my girls were born, I kept 10lbs which made my day (bringing me up to 112 = 8 stone) so I could FINALLY find clothes that fit!!.

BUT I think old age is catching up and the metabolism is finally slowing down as over the past year, I've put on a few more pounds and am 120 (8.57 stone) which doesn't bother me EXCEPT that my clothes don't fit right so can't afford any more SO am on my way to exercising back to 110'sh LOL just to fit my clothes.

I used to walk everywhere, but with the girls, have had to use the double stroller for distances. BUT at the beginning of the summer, I threw my back out the first time I took them for a long walk. I tried again a month later, and the same thing happened. The two girls + the stroller is about "8stone" on their own (my own weight..), they packed on some weight since last summer. I think the fact that I stopped walking the distances is what put the weight on. I'm not as active anymore.

It bums me out a bit.. miss going for the long walks, not happy about needing new clothes.. annoys me LOL

But, why do we obsess, seriously?
I dont even really have a problem, and yet I obsess (only cause clothes don't fit right, I'm not dissatisfied obviously).
Why can't we be happy? LOL

hi girls

can i just say please love your body, what ever shape what ever size.
most people are trying to lose weight. everywhere i go every thing i read or see its al aboutslimming slimming slimming.

let me explain why i am havin a moan. i am 5'7 and weigh just under 7 stone and should be 9 for my height. ok som im a little under weight? well actually i am very skinny. my arms have no meat at all and you know what i hate it. i hate it so much ive spent a long time in and out of the doctors begging for somethig to make me fat.

i love my food and eat probably way more than i should. like at work yeterday i had jacket potato with extra cheese and sweetcorn and then the manager ordered pizza so i had that too... then after dinner at home i had a double chocolate gateu to my self!! yes to my self the whole thing!!!

but im still really skinny and i hate i would even consider a fat transplant if they did that!!!!

so ladies what im saying is love your curves and your bodies!!!!!

It's not what shape you are, it's what shape you're in!

i remember this quote from when i was little, i saw it in a magazine, think it was a Nike advert. a row of women with no clothes on, all shapes and sizes and that was the quote underneath. how true is it? we are all shapes and sizes and the only thing we should be worried about is what shape our health and fitness is in. i do quite a lot of cycling and even tho my weight does not change during the periods when i don't get round to doing it for a few months, i do become untoned and these are my "fat" times. i feel infinitely better about myself, even if i still have wobbly bits, when i'm exercising and i think this is the key to it all. i never diet, if i put on a couple of pounds i get back to going on my bike and i never feel guilty about what goes in my mouth, if anything i eat more because i'm so damn hungry from the exercise but i still tone up! and i love chocolate! and exercise just makes you feel good anyway, if you do one aerobics class you feel like slimmer of the year! people equate weight to fat which simply isn't true (muscle is heavier than fat) and they hate exercise, which also is not true, they just haven't found the one they like. people who constantly diet are not happy with being thin because they have no muscle tone or muscle shape. it's exercise not dieting that works.
there are loads more interesting things to do than the gym or an aerobics class... try windsurfing, rockclimbing, canoeing, horseriding, iceskating (or rollerskating for that matter) and do it with a mate or join a team, hockey, rugby, football, (yes girls play too), basketball, netball, list is endless! and the best bit.... you have to eat lots when exercising or you get tired. its the law!

Well I have lost a 'Victoria' in weight!! Yes 7 stones more or less. If I was to have the perfect weight for my size I should probably weigh another 10lbs less. BUT ... I do not want to loose any more and am perfectly content with the way I am.

I think when you get to my age that a little weight is more attractive than trying to be the weight i WAS WHEN i WAS 18 YEARS OLD.

I eat about 5 times per day and I eat what I want when I want and I do not gain. I only eat real food though ... and I'm not a lover of chocolate or cakes or bread. I am one of the rare ones who is happy with the way I AM and the way my clothes look on me.

Peeps should eat less at each meal, but more often during the waking hours. Keeps the metabolism going strong.

hi girls

can i just say please love your body, what ever shape what ever size.
most people are trying to lose weight. everywhere i go every thing i read or see its al aboutslimming slimming slimming.

let me explain why i am havin a moan. i am 5'7 and weigh just under 7 stone and should be 9 for my height. ok som im a little under weight? well actually i am very skinny. my arms have no meat at all and you know what i hate it. i hate it so much ive spent a long time in and out of the doctors begging for somethig to make me fat.

i love my food and eat probably way more than i should. like at work yeterday i had jacket potato with extra cheese and sweetcorn and then the manager ordered pizza so i had that too... then after dinner at home i had a double chocolate gateu to my self!! yes to my self the whole thing!!!

but im still really skinny and i hate i would even consider a fat transplant if they did that!!!!

so ladies what im saying is love your curves and your bodies!!!!!
I was just like this until i had kids, i would eat cream cakes till they came out of my ears, i love food thats my prob, I think its a "i used to look like this and now i dont" kind of thing.. oh well never mind i think i should just eat heathy and live life to the full... god did i just say that:irked:

YES YES YES
Being in 'shape' and having a shape.. two very different things.

For all that I'm so tiny, MANY MANY women built ummm (how to say this in an unoffensive manner?) in a more average size than myself? Anyway, they are in better shape than I. I get tired so easy.. winded from nothing (of course, being a nasty smoker does't help:rolleyes: ) and haven't much in the way of strength. I know women who are 2x my size going for 5k & 10k (and more) cancer walks and all I can think is "OMG, I couldn't do it if I tried"

I eat all day long, small portions, but all day long.. nibble nibble nibble. I get teased about it all the time. I can never finish a plate and ALWAYS bring home a doggy bag from the restaurant LOL (hey, that's good money, no way will I let'em throw it in the trash haha). I'm always hungry again 30min -1hr later. I never eat after 8pm UNLESS it's a small piece of fruit or yogourt or the occasional popcorn for a movie.
I eat most around noontime and less later in the day.

I say: no matter what your size is, if you're in shape (not to be confused with size), and you're healthy, then that is all that matters.
Who wants to look like a freak in the magazines? I used to, and everyone thought I was anorexic (sooo insulting..)
Be happy, be healthy.
We only live once, why be miserable starving on rabbit food?

:hug: :hug:

well, after reading this I decided to find out what my bmi is ans I was shocked to see it is 29!!!! That's 1 point away from obesity.I know I piled the weight on after baby and have not been able to shift it no matter what I do. Been eating sensibly and swimming, walking (do enough shopping to rack up miles! lol) Am even contemplating going to doctors about it - anyone else gone to doc about weight?

Coversations with clients tend to vary but weight is always a topic that never fails to keep us gossiping for a full hour. I have recently gone from 10.7 to 9 stone and felt fantastic and loved all the compliments, but now have found that I feel fat again, even though not put any on. Is it possible to get compftable at a certain weight and then feel as though you havent changed?
Its my wedding next year and I said if I get to 9 stone I'll be happy, but trying on dresses has made me think I would like to be 8.7. I guess thats why Posh cant see why we all think she's thin, she's been thin for ages and see'sher body constantly and has got used to it!
Don't get me wrong I've not got a problem with food, I bloody love it! But my weight is something I think about on a daily basis.

How about all you?

I agree, no matter how much weight I lose it is NEVER enough, I sometimes think if I got thin enough to be see through I'd still have a problem LOL

YES YES YES
Being in 'shape' and having a shape.. two very different things.

For all that I'm so tiny, MANY MANY women built ummm (how to say this in an unoffensive manner?) in a more average size than myself? Anyway, they are in better shape than I. I get tired so easy.. winded from nothing (of course, being a nasty smoker does't help:rolleyes: ) and haven't much in the way of strength. I know women who are 2x my size going for 5k & 10k (and more) cancer walks and all I can think is "OMG, I couldn't do it if I tried"

I eat all day long, small portions, but all day long.. nibble nibble nibble. I get teased about it all the time. I can never finish a plate and ALWAYS bring home a doggy bag from the restaurant LOL (hey, that's good money, no way will I let'em throw it in the trash haha). I'm always hungry again 30min -1hr later. I never eat after 8pm UNLESS it's a small piece of fruit or yogourt or the occasional popcorn for a movie.
I eat most around noontime and less later in the day.

I say: no matter what your size is, if you're in shape (not to be confused with size), and you're healthy, then that is all that matters.
Who wants to look like a freak in the magazines? I used to, and everyone thought I was anorexic (sooo insulting..)
Be happy, be healthy.
We only live once, why be miserable starving on rabbit food?

:hug: :hug:

I like the way you think!

Latest posts

Back