Weight always on your mind?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wish i was slimmer. i have put on a lot of weight over the last 12 years. gone from barely a size 10 to a generous size 16.
i've tried dieting a few times, but i'm too weak to stick with it. i find i'm more miserable on a diet than i am coping with being overweight.
in my ideal world, i would go to bed one night and wake up slim the next day:lol:
i feel i have sooooo much going on in my life already, i cant cope with changing my eating patterns as well. i think i'd do better if someone planned and prepared my meals for me.
its something that preys on my mind a lot, but i have not yet found the answer.:confused: :irked:

Well I have lost a 'Victoria' in weight!! Yes 7 stones more or less. If I was to have the perfect weight for my size I should probably weigh another 10lbs less. BUT ... I do not want to loose any more and am perfectly content with the way I am.

I think when you get to my age that a little weight is more attractive than trying to be the weight i WAS WHEN i WAS 18 YEARS OLD.

I eat about 5 times per day and I eat what I want when I want and I do not gain. I only eat real food though ... and I'm not a lover of chocolate or cakes or bread. I am one of the rare ones who is happy with the way I AM and the way my clothes look on me.

Peeps should eat less at each meal, but more often during the waking hours. Keeps the metabolism going strong.

that is amazing weight loss ! have you worked out why you put it on in the first place ? i eat when i'm stressed, if i'm going through a tough time, i sometimes feel that my evening meal is the nicest thing to happen all day and that feeling becomes my pattern of behaviour. mmmmm, eat food, feel nice !
i think if i could kick this pattern of thought, i might find it easier to give up my food and loose weight. i'm a fiend for carbohydrates though and love a bit of fat too. i feel very deprived when i get less of these.

that is amazing weight loss ! have you worked out why you put it on in the first place ? i eat when i'm stressed, if i'm going through a tough time, i sometimes feel that my evening meal is the nicest thing to happen all day and that feeling becomes my pattern of behaviour. mmmmm, eat food, feel nice !
i think if i could kick this pattern of thought, i might find it easier to give up my food and loose weight. i'm a fiend for carbohydrates though and love a bit of fat too. i feel very deprived when i get less of these.

There is no need for you not to eat everything you like as long as what you eat is in balanced amounts and in small portions. However there is one simple rule .. you know what it is .. we ALL know what it is ... the calories IN must be equal to the calories OUT or you will gain weight.

There are allot of over weight nail technicians. I was never over weight until I spent 9-10 hours a day behind the nail desk. My eating pattern was the worst it could be. I usually skipped breakfast ... had a high carbohydrate very fast lunch (usually sandwich and some crisps and a drink) ... would arrive home late to cook dinner (which I would pick at whilst cooking) and then sat down to eat it and then went to bed. FATAL!! I was also over 35 which is the point at which most have a metabolic change.

My problem was that doing what I was doing was not using up the calories I was eating ... I was so inactive. I have never liked sports anyway apart from tennis and swimming. The gym?? Forget it .. I hate it and wish I didn't but I find it all so boring. So it went on bit by bit while I hid behind my desk until I emerged to find I was trapped in this body that wasn't mine!! :eek:

Long periods of not eating followed by a big meal is very bad. Skipping breakfast is very bad. Eating helps you to loose weight and boosts your metabolism. Eat 5 times per day. Maybe a piece of fruit for breakfast followed by a yogurt at 11. Then a nice lunch BUT make it a half a sandwich of meat and salad around 1.00 then something around 3.00 (maybe the other half of the sandwich) then your evening meal should be light and contain meat and veg and a small amount of potato or pasta or other carb. and not too late in the evening. If you are going to eat really late,then make the meal very light. All real food (nothing processed). My rule is: If it did not grow that way then don't eat it. No dried soups or bottled sauces.

My neglect of myself and my ignorance of what I was doing to myself led to a barriatric bypass 2 years ago to loose the weight I had put on and which had got out of control. Now I eat regularly and anything I fancy but in small amounts. Everyone should cut down the amount they eat if they are working all hours behind the nail desk ... hopefully you will not have to resort to surgery to loose weight .. it is not the easy option.

Let's face it, there really is no getting away from it, sensible eating and exercise is the only long term habit that will keep you in tip top condition.
I was "misguided" for want of a better word into loosing a lot of weight when I maried my ex husband donkeys years ago, this had the result of totally screwing up my metabolism., and believe me I looked like something from a prisoner of war camp.
Years later I have gained and lost, and am now at a pretty happy medium,,,yes I still want to loose a stone, but I'm determined not to beat myself up about it. I have been going to Weight Watchers for 6 weeks now and have lost 9lb so far, nice and steady, nice and healthy loss.
I also got back into my exercise, I know I'm lucky that I have the facilities of a pool and a gym where I work, and it was daft of me not to use these to my advantage.
I have always loved swimming, so now my weekly routine is 60 lenghts in 40 mins, at least three times a week, more usually 5, and 1 hour constant cardiovascular workout in the gym consisting of stepper, rower, and bike., usually 2 or three times per week.
It only takes 1 hour out of your day to fel so much better, trust me, my body has changed shape dramatically due to the workouts.
We are all so pre-occupied about our weight, we should keep it all in perspective, healthy mind, healthy body,,,,,happy long life.

Enjoy life while your here.

There is no need for you not to eat everything you like as long as what you eat is in balanced amounts and in small portions. However there is one simple rule .. you know what it is .. we ALL know what it is ... the calories IN must be equal to the calories OUT or you will gain weight.

There are allot of over weight nail technicians. I was never over weight until I spent 9-10 hours a day behind the nail desk. My eating pattern was the worst it could be. I usually skipped breakfast ... had a high carbohydrate very fast lunch (usually sandwich and some crisps and a drink) ... would arrive home late to cook dinner (which I would pick at whilst cooking) and then sat down to eat it and then went to bed. FATAL!! I was also over 35 which is the point at which most have a metabolic change.

My problem was that doing what I was doing was not using up the calories I was eating ... I was so inactive. I have never liked sports anyway apart from tennis and swimming. The gym?? Forget it .. I hate it and wish I didn't but I find it all so boring. So it went on bit by bit while I hid behind my desk until I emerged to find I was trapped in this body that wasn't mine!! :eek:

Long periods of not eating followed by a big meal is very bad. Skipping breakfast is very bad. Eating helps you to loose weight and boosts your metabolism. Eat 5 times per day. Maybe a piece of fruit for breakfast followed by a yogurt at 11. Then a nice lunch BUT make it a half a sandwich of meat and salad around 1.00 then something around 3.00 (maybe the other half of the sandwich) then your evening meal should be light and contain meat and veg and a small amount of potato or pasta or other carb. and not too late in the evening. If you are going to eat really late,then make the meal very light. All real food (nothing processed). My rule is: If it did not grow that way then don't eat it. No dried soups or bottled sauces.

My neglect of myself and my ignorance of what I was doing to myself led to a barriatric bypass 2 years ago to loose the weight I had put on and which had got out of control. Now I eat regularly and anything I fancy but in small amounts. Everyone should cut down the amount they eat if they are working all hours behind the nail desk ... hopefully you will not have to resort to surgery to loose weight .. it is not the easy option.

now you come to mention it i am much less active than i ever used to be. when my older 2 daughters were young i didnt work and had loads more time to go out and about walking etc. [cant drive] and i even used to go belly dancing once a week.
now working more or less fulltime and behind my desk most days until 8 and although its hard work, its not exactly physical.

i often wonder if eventually my underused overweight legs will waste away under my desk , and i'll build up a super muscular right arm like a big crab claw:lol: no signs so far, especially of the wasting away:lol:

Originally Posted by geeg
Well I have lost a 'Victoria' in weight!! Yes 7 stones more or less. If I was to have the perfect weight for my size I should probably weigh another 10lbs less. BUT ... I do not want to loose any more and am perfectly content with the way I am.

:eek: Oh wow! I missed that post the first time around. that's a WONDERFUL accomplishment. I'm trying to imagine,and looking at your pic, I just can't. That's the first time I've heard that though LOL "lost a victoria' :lol: With what you've accomplished, I certainly wouldn't worry about a measely 10lbs though... heck, your clothes and shoes can weigh that much so just take'em off when you're on the scale and you'll have reached your goal:wink2:

Latest posts

Back