Well-less tips showing through acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zemma

Reaction score
Hi Guys
In need of a little advice i used a clear well-less tip (edge competition tips) to see what the affect would be as havnt used these yet, i applyed the tip in the normal way took off the shine then carryed on as normal ect ect but you can see the line of the tip under the acrylic i thought you wouldnt have to blend as they are well-less so bit confused do i still have to blend the line away??

also would you suggest these well-less tips for a nail biter as got a client on sat who dosent have much nail and room for blending normal tips?

any help would be great
thanks xx

I use a well less tip sometimes and even though they say you don't have to blend them i still do. Other than that you could use a coverage powder/gel to hide it.

It depends entirely on where you place your tip! If it is a clear tip then you are going to see something if you place it on the nail plate and not the free edge line. Well-less tips are supposed to be placed on the natural smile line unless you are using opaque powders, in whih case you can place them where the heck you want.

Well-less tips are not suitable for using on bitten nails unless you are going to hide them by using an opaque powder to elongate the nail bed; if not they will tend to make the nail plate look even shorter! Using a tip with a small well helps to support the bitten nail until it grows out a bit. I've done plenty of bitten nails and never not een able to blend a tip onto the nail.

I fit, but never blend CND Performance tips (the well-less ones) they are already very thin and etched for instant use.

Thanks thats helpfull i was taught you need file off the free edge so no white can bee seen then apply your tip or you will see the natural free edge through your tip??

just want to get it right should i leave a slight free edge so i can apply my well less tip right on the edge of my free edge?

will def get some performance tips to see how i get on with them but dont want to waste the obes ive got so want to get it right on these ones first

xx

Latest posts

Back