Well my Flabber is Gasted!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturalnails

Legend
Reaction score
Who knows that we got new rules on site recently?

Especially this one -

Thou shalt fully disclose thyself

If you sell products or services to the Salon Professional or you work for a company that sells products or services to the Salon Professional, you must disclose this fact in your profile before participating on the site. You can disclose this fact by editing the option(s) in your profile. Failure to disclose this information can result in a permanent ban. If in doubt, ask the team by creating a post in the "My Forum" section of the site.

I cannot believe the number of people currently using the site who have "accepted" the new forum rules but feel the disclosure does not apparently apply to them.

Naughty naughty!! :suprised:

Who knows that we got new rules

on site recently?

Especially this one -

I cannot believe the number of people currently using the site who have "accepted" the new forum rules but feel the disclosure does not apparently apply to them.

Name and shame to be fair 

Name and shame to be fair 

We are not in the business of naming and shaming here!

We will give people who have accepted the rules, until the end of the week and then they will receive a "gentle" reminder.

Er it was TIC...:confused:

Posted on my iphone and had a little winky smilie and everything...which er appears on the laptop to be a little square :confused:

Er it was TIC...:confused:

Posted on my iphone and had a little winky smilie and everything...which er appears on the laptop to be a little square :confused:

LOL - TIC is good!

im enjoying seeing all of those wee * cos i dont know what is involved and who isnt!!

"My Flabber is Gasted": Hilllllarious!

I wear my star with pride :D

OOps!:o

I am one of the guilty - used to have it on my signature and thought that was enough!

OOOO I didn't even realise I had been given a star after updating my profile last week I will wear mine with pride too. :o Whoops!

Problem is, we are all used to getting a 'read this first' thing when we sign up for stuff and lots of peeps just scroll to the bottom and tick the box. Then it's woops! Will be interesting to see or not see how many peeps become absent lol

OOps!:o

I am one of the guilty - used to have it on my signature and thought that was enough!

When the format of the site changed, signatures no longer appear so even if it is in your signature, you still need to disclose, as you have now done.

fiona are we all meant to click or just people that actually sell products or do training? because i noticed you have one ? i didint know you sold anything or were a trainer ? sorry if it is a daft question , lol

fiona are we all meant to click or just people that actually sell products or do training? because i noticed you have one ? i didint know you sold anything or were a trainer ? sorry if it is a daft question , lol
Not a daft question Dee :wink2: We're all required to accept the site rules... the disclosure only applies to those members who have a potential financial gain by 'some' of their posts.
ie; manufacturers, distributors, educators, members who sell items to the salon professional industry etc.
Fiona's included as she sells Nail Graphix in the UK :wink2:

Anyone seen the latest Southpark episode about the HUMANCENTiPAD? All about people who accept iTunes t&c's but haven't actually read the t&c's. Lol

As Sandi says, certainly not a daft question. What I am finding funny in some instances is that people are choosing not to answer yes or no - if you dont sell or educate or provide a service to other salon professionals then you should just need to answer no LOL.

Quick question. I sell to everyone who washes their hair! It is not aimed at hair/beauty pro's though, and I don't advertise any pro products. Do I need a little star or not?

Why is it that even though I told the truth……..my left eye is switching and I've developed a nervous cough???? Get a grip Kim, the cops ain't coming!!!! I always feel guilty when I've done nothing wrong. lol xx
PS. Oh, I see the star now. I thought it was because I'd been good:)

Quick question. I sell to everyone who washes their hair! It is not aimed at hair/beauty pro's though, and I don't advertise any pro products. Do I need a little star or not?

I would say yes you do. When people ask for product recommendations and you mention Pureology, people need to know that you are a stockist as well as a "user".

I know that you have made a point of not pushing Pureology on here, but there are others who openly flout the rules and we have to be consistent across the board.

Latest posts

Back