Wella 7/73 green tinge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrsmack

Reaction score
Hi there! I've posted before about a particular client that had used home dyes an was very ash/green, when she came in I put a 7/73 on all over and it still had green tinge so I then had some advise from you guys, cleansed, pre-pigged with 0/43 (i think) and then applied flat 7/0 over....great result/no green! However she came back yesterday after 5 weeks colour still nice but slightly faded 7 base with gold so unused the 7/73 all over an it's gone green again!!! Any ideas why my choice in tint colour was wrong (I assumed /73 brunette gold was warm and eing as id cleansed all green out on last appointment it wouldn't throw a green hue out) what can I do to fix this??? Can I just post pig with something like a 7/4?? Wet or dry??? As much info needed as possible as she Is in at 9 xxx

Stick with a red base so 7/4 should be fine, could you do colour touch?

For the next 3 months I would stay away for gold tones and see how it goes

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Ahhhhh lifesaver Thankyou! Unfortunately I only have koleston (permanent) and ran out of pastel yesterday! Could I use this with 6% watered down? On wet or dry hair? Do I have development time or am I looking out for something?? Thanks so much Pinky xxx

A 7/73 tone in my experiences is an ash/green based tone, so I am confused as to why you would put that on green tinged hair? 7/4 would balance it out...

A 7/73 tone in my experiences is an ash/green based tone, so I am confused as to why you would put that on green tinged hair? 7/4 would balance it out...

7/73 in Wella is Brunette Gold 7-Brunette, 3-Gold.

Try 6% for 20 mins

7/73 in Wella is Brunette Gold 7-Brunette, 3-Gold.

I always used 7/73 if I wanted to kill warmth, wella 7 always seems cool unless using 5/75 or something like that, but brunette with gold will crest this look

I always thought a /7 was green

2 is green in wella

Ah so much for international colour chart lol, /2 is violet in l'oreal

The ICC only applies to base not tone :) x

Ive havent used 7/73 in a long time , but 8/73 is very warm , they should keep some sort of consistancy with the depths and tones . I think that if the hair is porous and it sucks colour up , the result is nearly always more ash wether taking the hair darker or adding tone so I always make the ends that bit warmer than target shade as It loses the warm tone quickly .

A wella rep told me if the 7 is followed by the warm numbers is takes on warmth but if it is followed by ash it becomes more ash. That the minor tone has more effect than it normally would with the rest of the range Xx

Latest posts

Back