Wella illumina 10/69

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairbysam

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first post so firstly I would like to say hi 👋

I have read some amazing posts on here so I am hoping someone can help me please!
I have used Wella illumina 10/69 with 1.9 pastel 1:2 left on for 10 mins
I lifted the hair to a level 10 previously and the results after the toner…. It has turned the roots gold!?
Any ideas why this has happened and any recommendations on what I could do to remove the gold from the roots?

Thank you in advance

Sam x

Hi,

I have read some amazing posts on here so I am hoping someone can help me please!
I lifted the hair to a level 10 previously and the results after the toner…. It has turned the roots gold!?
Any ideas why this has happened and any recommendations on what I could do to remove the gold from the roots?

Thank you in advance

Sam x
Sounds like the bleach may still be oxidising. Do you have a picture of the outcome?

Sounds like the bleach may still be oxidising. Do you have a picture of the outcome?
Hi @ronray

Thank you for your reply.

I have attached 2 photos for you. They are screen shots from a video I took. I can’t upload the video unfortunately as it shows my clients face and I don’t have her permission.
Please let me know your thoughts!

Thank you again! Really appreciate it!

Client was happy with the result, I just feel there is a lot of gold at the root and don’t know why. It’s the first time I have used illumina so any tips for future would be great!

Attachments

• IMG_7290.png
    IMG_7290.png
    12 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7289.png
    IMG_7289.png
    12.2 MB · Views: 0
I think from the pictures it looks like the highlights are still cool. It almost looks like theres a base colour in between?

Hi,
Please I need help too, I have a client who wants to go pink with wella koleston perfect and her natural hair color is 4, I know I have to bleach the hair, but I know bleaching the hair, it will come out as pale yellow. Do you think if I use koleston perfect special mix 0/65 and 10/0, will it come out well even if the bleached hair is pale yellow?

Hi,
Please I need help too, I have a client who wants to go pink with wella koleston perfect and her natural hair color is 4, I know I have to bleach the hair, but I know bleaching the hair, it will come out as pale yellow. Do you think if I use koleston perfect special mix 0/65 and 10/0, will it come out well even if the bleached hair is pale yellow?
The hair will need to be lifted to a level 10 and I would pre tone to neutralise the yellow tones first. Before applying the pink.

The hair will need to be lifted to a level 10 and I would pre tone to neutralise the yellow tones first. Before applying the pink

Oh right, okay then 😊
Thanks for your reply @ronray

Hi,

Thank you in advance

Sam x
I have had this before, i believe its because it is permanent colour and even using 1.9% it does still lift the hair a bit so it exposes some underlying pigments, not so much a problem for natural level 8-10 if you want a little extra lift but below levels will show more warmth, assuming that it's her natural colour between what looks like highlights. You can use as a gloss by doing 1 part colour, 1 part post service treatment/ elements conditioner (wella) and 1 part 1.9% pastel which will help as I believe it alters the pH so doesn't lift as much but the colour deposit will be a little softer or you can use the color touch range which won't alter the natural hair .

I have had this before, i believe its because it is permanent colour and even using 1.9% it does still lift the hair a bit so it exposes some underlying pigments, not so much a problem for natural level 8-10 if you want a little extra lift but below levels will show more warmth, assuming that it's her natural colour between what looks like highlights. You can use as a gloss by doing 1 part colour, 1 part post service treatment/ elements conditioner (wella) and 1 part 1.9% pastel which will help as I believe it alters the pH so doesn't lift as much but the colour deposit will be a little softer or you can use the color touch range which won't alter the natural hair .
Would you recommend the illumina gloss or CT/CT+? I don't want lift at all with good longevity and gray coverage but I'm terrified of the cumulative effects of ethanolamine and prefer ammonia based oxidizers as they wash out

Back