Wella KP Special Blonde help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's a comedienne. I think the look is part of the persona.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

Its not tina fey is it? Looks like her.

Its not tina fey is it? Looks like her.

No, cams! She's a brunette. I think she does nine n easy commercials though. Thats Amy Poehler. I love her, but her hsir drives me bonkers.

No, cams! She's a brunette. I think she does nine n easy commercials though. Thats Amy Poehler. I love her, but her hsir drives me bonkers.

Hahaha i thought was but i thought it wasn't

The roots look like a nice and easy colour ;) I can spot a nice and easy colour from a mile off ;) it's a good conversation starter.... "Hi how are you... What are we doing today... Do you colour your hair at home?... Yes... Nice and easy?? .... Erm yes.... Yea I can tell love.... ;)

The roots look like a nice and easy colour ;) I can spot a nice and easy colour from a mile off ;) it's a good conversation starter.... "Hi how are you... What are we doing today... Do you colour your hair at home?... Yes... Nice and easy?? .... Erm yes.... Yea I can tell love.... ;)

Hahaha

It is the underprocessed root look :)
I Love Parks and Recreation!

Hi

View attachment 84137

So sorry for the delay guys been trying to resize me pic!! Very annoying! Funny reading through this tho as changed topic and yes that other pic is not me!!

Yes snaz left for a year had solid line of around 6 inches then coloured with 12/11.

As you can see from my pic I love the ends its nice and ash now (light blue blonde tigi toner) but didnt change the roots still brassy!!!

My ends are 12/11 believe it or not had previous lowlights but they faded a lot as you can see.

So think need to re lighten but scared to use bleach? Too worried about breakage and messing up around the back. Shall use 12/11 or /8?

Thanks guys :biggrin:

Switch to 12/89 or 12/81 you'll see a massive difference.

Thanks so much for quick reply!! Do you mean put on roots now with 40 vol and then use for regrowth too?

Thanks so much for quick reply!! Do you mean put on roots now with 40 vol and then use for regrowth too?

Can you wait till you've got regrowth then just overlap it in the last 10-15 minutes?

Yeah maybe was already thinking I need to give it a bit of a break as don't want to damage more. WIll 15 mins be enough to change the tone?

Thanks

Yeah maybe was already thinking I need to give it a bit of a break as don't want to damage more. WIll 15 mins be enough to change the tone?

Thanks

Yep. Thats when the tone usually kicks in with highlifts, last 15-20 minutes.

As you've been using highlifts too rather than bleach its not so bad pulling it to the band but literally just do the band!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi ok I've looked at hair again and feel I can't wait for regrowth now as have plans at the weekend and its just too bad for me.

Question is how do I tone it down:

A, put new colour 12/89 40 vol on brassy roots full development

B, use 12/89 20 vol on brassy roots (but have a feeling this won't work as already had 2 toners 10/20 vol that have done jack **** 😁

C, mix colour in bowl with 40 vol, leave sat in bowl for 30 mins then add last 20 mins to brassy roots?? I've never done this before will this work?

Don't really want to lighten more but understand I may need too in order for tone to work!!

Just want get rid brassy? Can you help please? Going to do tonight!! Thanks

Try full dev. If it doesn't work you're gonna have to gently cleanse the orange out.

Hi ok I've looked at hair again and feel I can't wait for regrowth now as have plans at the weekend and its just too bad for me.

Question is how do I tone it down:

A, put new colour 12/89 40 vol on brassy roots full development

B, use 12/89 20 vol on brassy roots (but have a feeling this won't work as already had 2 toners 10/20 vol that have done jack **** 😁

C, mix colour in bowl with 40 vol, leave sat in bowl for 30 mins then add last 20 mins to brassy roots?? I've never done this before will this work?

Don't really want to lighten more but understand I may need too in order for tone to work!!

Just want get rid brassy? Can you help please? Going to do tonight!! Thanks

I don't think you'll get much lift if you mix it and let it sit for 30 minutes, you'll just tone.

After looking at your pic, i see a dark band. Your roots are light, then you have the band of dark.

I think you have two option.

Bleach with something like blondor cream and pastel 1:15. Then apply toner once lifted to pale yellow. (How i would do it)

Or use 12/89 with 9%. (May not work). Remember that tint won't lift tint. You've colored your hair several times and now there is artificial pigment involved. Someone may correct me on this, but i really think it a factor.

Why don't you just go to a salon and get it sorted out.

Then you can go back to your regular 3 week touch ups. Btw, whatever you do, only apply color to the dark band. Not your roots or mids and ends.

Last edited:
I don't think you'll get much lift if you mix it and let it sit for 30 minutes, you'll just tone.

After looking at your pic, i see a dark band. Your roots are light, then you have the band of dark.

I see it too, but could just be the shadow.

But could be a heat band also.

Can you clarify what you mean by band? Could try a different PIC to show you but basically roots are around 6 inches long and look more 10/3 very gold. Ends ash.

Just moved area and only one salon close by and wasn't impressed or confident at all, didn't even do a consultation with me just straight to backwash!! Asked if wanted conditioner etc very bizarre!

That's why want to continue doing self. As said scared to use bleach I know tint don't lift tint but don't even care about lifting just want no brassy roots & as used tint overlapping tint for years and looked good think I'll try that option? But go with 40 vol full development time, was going to do all brassy roots so please can you explain band??? Do you mean band of brassy roots? Confused!

What toners have you used on it?

Can i see a close up of your roots possibly?

Can you clarify what you mean by band? Could try a different PIC to show you but basically roots are around 6 inches long and look more 10/3 very gold. Ends ash.

Just moved area and only one salon close by and wasn't impressed or confident at all, didn't even do a consultation with me just straight to backwash!! Asked if wanted conditioner etc very bizarre!

That's why want to continue doing self. As said scared to use bleach I know tint don't lift tint but don't even care about lifting just want no brassy roots & as used tint overlapping tint for years and looked good think I'll try that option? But go with 40 vol full development time, was going to do all brassy roots so please can you explain band??? Do you mean band of brassy roots? Confused!

http://dbeyecandy.com/learning-teaching/all-thats-left-is-a-band-of-gold/

I would highlight your band out with a mild lightener and avoid toning your already light ends!

It looks like your very roots about 1 cm look fine, then there is brassy hair and then comes the old blonde hair which is also fine

Latest posts

Back