Wella professionals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
need to understand highlift tints a little better. if i use a wella highlift tint will it lift coloured hair or will they only lift on natural hair? maybe a bit of a simple question but just wondering. x

Ideally on natural hair you can achieve upto five levels of lift , i have experimented in the past and used 12/0 12% on hair coloured with colour touch 6/7 and achieved a very subtle caramel / sunkissed effect ( as a highlight) depends on the Amount of colour build up on the hair and what you want to achieve x

Hey I have worked out how to make a gorgeous lilac, now I am looking for like a turquoise colour, without using paintbox or crazy colours, is there a good mix for turquoise on bleach up hair?

Try experimenting with /00 and 0/68 colour touch mix tone , technically it doesn't make sense but I tried it and I got turquoise !!!

Is there any way to achieve lasting red on hair that has been bleached blonde? (level 9-10)

I have tried several times, using 7/73 to fill then using 66/45 , 55/65 and eventually
44/65 with /45 and it still wont seem to grab. I have tried on two different clients with the same results. Sent them home with K pak reconstructor, and salon product, 3 weeks later another fill and attempt and same wishy washy red, (except of course the immediate root) Is it possible to achieve or am i fighting a losing battle?
You could Pre pigment with perfecton /44 then try an anti fade colour bath , apply tint to regrowth as normal , mix 15ml tint with 45ml warm water , develop for full development time then in a flask mix 10ml 9% with 40ml warm water, apply thoroughly to mid lengths and ends , leave for 5 mins , rinse , use a colour stay conditioner , only shampoo using lukewarm water and try a cool rinse at the end of every shampoo !

What's your natural base? What % you already using? What have you achieved currently with this shade? Bit more info needed. :)

I am a natural base abt 6 (haven't seen it for a few years!) well when I used the 12.6 I used 9%..right now I'm pale/white blonde with a hint of violet but I want more of a pale violet thru it...

OK i will! is magma called wella color touch? im confused.

Does anyone have a link to wella magma color chart? i am desperate.

Hi,
could anyone give me some advice on colouring grey hair? I,ve got a new client with about 80 to 90% white hair. She wants some foils in a level 8 and is adament that she doesn't like any warmth in her hair. Am thinking of 1/2 88/0, 1/4 8/7(so there is some tone i.e. better coverage) and 1/4 8/1. Does that sound ok? I don't want to end up with an ashy tone on her white hair:eek:.
Thank you so much in advance
Kate

I am currently using on my hair Loreal LUO 6.4 which is nice and rich for maybe about a week, but it fades and goes dull really quickly. so im looking at something just a little but more richer and brighter but still naturalish. my natural base is between a 7/8 and currently my hair has faded to about a warm 7 the ends are like a strawberryblonde 8. Ive sort of stayed with what i know which Loreal. But want to branch out a bit more, so asking if u could help me get a colour close to these picss below. :)

CoCo Rocha http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5...6qt8o1_500.jpg

Doe Deere
Doe deere red hair image by limecrime on Photobucket

Hi, whats everyones thoughts on putting a toner on after putting a tint on the hair

bleached white hair toned down to this ? :s with wella

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,608
Hi there,
I LOVE wella. I have a picky client coming in tomorrow and she has previous highlighted hair...probably between a level 8-9 and with her dark roots coming she wants lowlights and no bleach. She is set on lowlights to blend it all. Any ideas for a nice color/s lowlights?

Hi All

I am a hardcore wella user and i just love wella. If u have any questions regarding wella, feel free to ask me.

Can you recommend a nice bright orange shade to compliment wella 5/73? :) xx

Hi,
could anyone give me some advice on colouring grey hair? I,ve got a new client with about 80 to 90% white hair. She wants some foils in a level 8 and is adament that she doesn't like any warmth in her hair. Am thinking of 1/2 88/0, 1/4 8/7(so there is some tone i.e. better coverage) and 1/4 8/1. Does that sound ok? I don't want to end up with an ashy tone on her white hair:eek:.
Thank you so much in advance
Kate

I just used this mix and it turned out a lovely soft beige blonde on high percentage of white and bleached hair. :)

Just adding to this whole thread in general...haven't yet seen anyone mentioning or advising on the natural tones of hair, just base. It's all very well advising someone to use, for example, 8/3 but if the client in question has natural golden tones...this colour would turn out more golden than required.

They did say the hair is 80/90% grey *^^^^

Where's the OP gone? People asking for help and he/she seems to have gone off the face of the earth lol :)

They did say the hair is 80/90% grey *^^^^

Wasn't expressing my opinion in regards to a post in particular Blue, was just saying in general about tone aswel x

Where's the OP gone? People asking for help and he/she seems to have gone off the face of the earth lol :)

People don't check the date on things nowadays!

Latest posts

Back