Wella professionals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soo...I'm wondering if any of u can help me... My cclient is currently a 55/65 allover, have been for about a year, natural base about 7ish maybe 8, she wants to go a like a pale lilac color allover now! I'm thinking its going to be a gradual process, was going to start by doing a fully head of bleacch hilights followed by 3/4 tube of special mix /81 mixed with 1/4 tube of speccial mix /66! Does this sound like a good idea or am I asking for a disaster? Thanx for any help...I'm desperate! Xxx

Hey rachul123, I don't usualy use a toner after using the hilifts, unless they lift to light? Altho my fave toner for a nice creamy cclean blonde has to b 9/16 mixed with pastel-highly reccomended! (Only need to leave for 5-10 mins, once u see a slightpink tone its time to rinse!) Hope this helps!x

Thankyou :)) i think ill just see what happens then and take one just incase! Xx

Hi, Im new to salon geek so hope ive done this right ?

Ive used colour fresh many times before and love the way it conditions my hair and the colour it gives it. I use this to dye my hair as im allergic to every other kind of dye out there :(

I usually go for the red colours as they last quite a few washes. I have dark brown hair and want to lighten it slightly so was wondering if you any of you know whether using the Wella Colour Fresh 7/0 would work on my hair ??

Hello and welcome.

Since you are currently not a Hair Professional, please may I ask you to re-post your question to Consumer Queries, under the sub-heading of Hair.

hi everyone just wondering is such a thing as a colour refresher course (ideally wella) im a qualified hairdresser but after a year out of the business im wanting to refresh my knowledge and gain more confidence in the science etc behind colouring. thankyou any help would be great thanks.

Hi there what is best colour to use for highlighting base 6 hair roots for white pearly blonde using wella? Thanks :)

Hi All

I am a hardcore wella user and i just love wella. If u have any questions regarding wella, feel free to ask me.

Hi, I am highlighting a client who is a base 5, using the blondor powder and 6%, but I am in a quandary whether to use 9%.... She has said she would like subtle highlights but from the pictures she has sent to me, she is starting to think lighter and lighter......
She would like to gradually return to blonde but I am reluctant to over process her hair if we are building up the colour......
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Hi, I am highlighting a client who is a base 5, using the blondor powder and 6%, but I am in a quandary whether to use 9%.... She has said she would like subtle highlights but from the pictures she has sent to me, she is starting to think lighter and lighter......
She would like to gradually return to blonde but I am reluctant to over process her hair if we are building up the colour......
Thanks

She'd get a no from me! She needs caramel, toffee's soft colours, base 5 would not look nice bleached!

She'd get a no from me! She needs caramel, toffee's soft colours, base 5 would not look nice bleached!

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!
Do you have any products you would recommend? I'm off to the wholesalers shortly so I can have a look!!

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!
Do you have any products you would recommend? I'm off to the wholesalers shortly so I can have a look!!

What for caramel and toffee?

What for caramel and toffee?
Yes please, I wasn't sure if anything else would lift it which is why I was going to use bleach but not over-process and perhaps apply toner afterwards, but if you can recommend another route that would be great!

hi all,

whilst training in hairdressing i used some ion colours on friends to practice, now i love wella and only want to use wella colours, please could someone help with colour converters from ion to wella please....
ion 10.31 =
ion 913 =
ion 8.44 =

thanks in advance
steph:wink2:

Highlift would be nice :)

I have been chuckling at this thread, the OP says wella fan and offers help, gets hijacked and goes quiet, I knew I would see blues name on here, if ever I see anything relating to wella, I wait for blue to answer, my knowledge is years old on wella and I was never a fan, they just don't hold well to me lol. But I know many salons like them, personally I think it's cos they haven't yet found better. Lol.

(no offence wella people, I do like they're colour touch and will use them from time to time, and their toners, I just found I work better with other colour ranges for lifting and holding colours)

Thanks

If the client wants blonde she won't be happy with caramel will she if u can't give what she's after just say no . That's what I'd do.

Like if u go to mc Donald's ask for a Big Mac and they give u a chicken salad. Even it the chicken salad is better for u. U still wanted to big.

If the client wants blonde she won't be happy with caramel will she if u can't give what she's after just say no . That's what I'd do.

Like if u go to mc Donald's ask for a Big Mac and they give u a chicken salad. Even it the chicken salad is better for u. U still wanted to big.

Not really! You advise and then she will want it caramel x

Not really! You advise and then she will want it caramel x

Yes you can tell her this wont suit u or it might look weird something like that but if she wants it blonde she won't change her mind so u have to say no lol

I personal think someone with base5 or so doesn't look nice with blonde highlights in the first time so i like to do a full head highlights with a 8 then next time she comes 9 and then again. I like to take her to a real blonde if she wants as then it won't look wired as I see some clients with dark hair and white highlights but when it's all light ends and just roots dark I like xD

X

It's not a case of just doing as you please, it's like going to a restaurant and asking for what you chose on the menu, occasionally I have had someone suggest an alternative, saying 'if you like that, why not try this, it's xyz blah blah blah' sometimes you chose their suggestion sometimes you don't and stick to your guns.

I hate hairdressers that know best (we do) but customers think they know what they want, so I always live by the rule, I advise in my professional opinion what I think would look best and the reasons why, 9 times out of 10 customers will go with your advise and be glad they did, and they you saved them from a potential hair dilemma, if they chose to go against and I think it's going to look awful, I refuse to put my name to it and advise them to go elsewhere....... This has never even happened though!

It's not a case of just doing as you please, it's like going to a restaurant and asking for what you chose on the menu, occasionally I have had someone suggest an alternative, saying 'if you like that, why not try this, it's xyz blah blah blah' sometimes you chose their suggestion sometimes you don't and stick to your guns.

I hate hairdressers that know best (we do) but customers think they know what they want, so I always live by the rule, I advise in my professional opinion what I think would look best and the reasons why, 9 times out of 10 customers will go with your advise and be glad they did, and they you saved them from a potential hair dilemma, if they chose to go against and I think it's going to look awful, I refuse to put my name to it and advise them to go elsewhere....... This has never even happened though!

Yeah true but there are things I will do it I think it look nice..
I had clients asking for blonde and red highlights blue said dont do it and I didn't as now I wouldn't do it really it would look awful I know it but someone with a base 4/5 wanting to go blonde if the skin tone is ok to do so I will. Slowly but yes I will... But won't be white blonde just a 9 I would say... Xxx

That's what I think now I'm still a student and haven't had many years like you guys so maybe in future I would say no I won't do it or etc i don't know very well yet what look good on someone or not lol one day I will like you guys xD so now I do what client ask haha

Sometimes people rebel against their colour, and if say they want highlights with an all over lighter colour, that's ok, or if they are adamant they want lightest possible I'll talk them into lifting the all over tone too, but customers dark lev 4 and below wanting a few white blondes thRough I simply say its not possible... Well it is but would you prefer it to be in the bin or like cotton wool? Lol.

If you think the colours will work out, there is no point refusing on the bases of someone else's opinion, even on here, how will you know if you have never experienced it yourself?

I had a lady the other day I actually coloured her hair twice as she was a regular and wanted all over full head as light as possible, from full head foils, I told her would be too light and advised more a natural tone around a 9 but nope, white.... Ok, your the boss, once finished I put the doubt in her head myself as I hated it, so said, lets dry the top and see if you feel to Brit and maybe tone it down if you do, thankfully she did, because I would have called her a couple days after, the colour itself looked nice don't get me wrong, just not on her. But without trying she would not have known as she had been saying for a while and I had managed to hold her off doing it for almost a year, in the end I chose to do it and prove why I was advising not too lol.

Latest posts

Back