What a flippin' rip off.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
Okay I'm trying to keep a mega long story as short as I can so bear with me....

Karren and I were at the OSNS at Salisbury yesterday when she got a call from this bloke who had £35 to spend and wanted to book in a manicure and ped for a "friend", he then came back asking for prices for extensions, he phoned Karren quite a few times again after this but never actually booked. Then really oddly I got a call from the same bloke asking the same, he wanted to book a junior tech set of extensions at £30 for this "friend" and gave me his card details over the phone.

Then today I had the lady (we'll call her Sue) he booked for on the phone asking what had been booked for her and how much it cost. Well it was a bit awkward as I thought this bloke had bought it as a present, but told her, a set of extension for 30 quid. SuE said that she had a voucher from one of these "boxed gifts" from Asda (you know the type, like the ones you get in Boots for a pamper day, or day at a race track etc) that her husband had bought for £48.50. I said that this bloke was paying for her as a gift and had given me his credit card details, and that I wasn't prepared to accept this Asda thing as I had no relationship with this company, and how awkward it would be if I didn't get my money from them, to which she understood and so cancelled the treatment. ( are you still with me cos I was so confused at what was going on at this point)

5 mins later I get a call from this lady saying she is from Sue's doctor's surgery and wants to check that we've booked the treatment. At this point I just went into "fed up with this game" mode and said the whole thing is a farce and what the hell is going on. She then explained that they book the treatments for the Asda voucher holder. So I asked how could they justify giving a £30 treatment for a voucher that is worth £48.50, and she just said that they needed to take thier cut of the profit!! I just said that the whole thing is a complete rip off, I will not take the booking and said goodbye.

I phoned Sue back and told her how her husband had been ripped off, and that he would have been much better going to a local salon and buying £48.50 of gift vouchers and she would have got the same value in treatments. She is now trying to get her money back.

NO WONDER WE'RE CALLED RIP OFF BRITAIN - IT'S OUTRAGEOUS!

Hi

Thats disgraceful!! You know what sassy you should send this story into your paper, so the public are informed that they are being ripped off with these vouchers.:mad: Asda price indeed!

Actually to be fair I don't think it's under the Asda brand, but they sell them. I was thinking about telling Watchdog because I agree that it's disgraceful LA.

Sassy Hassy said:
Actually to be fair I don't think it's under the Asda brand, but they sell them. I was thinking about telling Watchdog because I agree that it's disgraceful LA.

excellant idea! go for it!

OMG how bizarre is all that! :eek: Then supposedly her doctor rang as well, all very strange. i would definetely go down the watchdog route!!

PS (we'll call her Sue) is not me honest! :biggrin:

Well encouraged by you guys, I've just submitted an on-line complaint to Watchdog so I'll let you know if they contact me. :Scared:

How appalling that this man spends nearly 50 quid as a present for his wife and she only gets £30, that's a 40% commission fee, and the people from the Company concerned were so dodgy, they never explained who they really were, I was so confused about the whole scenario, I just hope she gets her money back in full.

Oh and they didn't check my credentials at all, just got my number from yell.com, so I could have been any old dodgy salon, as long as the price was right. Just unbelievable!!

Latest posts

Back