What am I doing wrong with Konad?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa S

Reaction score
I am beginning to think the stamp is faulty as no matter what I do to try and transfer the konad polish from plate to stamp - nothing!! I have watched video, tried 'rolling' it across, just pushing down hard and hardly anything is transferring, sometimes 'nothing'. I really wanted to start offering these to clients but not going to be able to at this rate. Am I doing something wrong or could the stamp be faulty, it is quite a dark pink. Really appreciate any help before I give up altogether. xx :grr:

I am beginning to think the stamp is faulty as no matter what I do to try and transfer the konad polish from plate to stamp - nothing!! I have watched video, tried 'rolling' it across, just pushing down hard and hardly anything is transferring, sometimes 'nothing'. I really wanted to start offering these to clients but not going to be able to at this rate. Am I doing something wrong or could the stamp be faulty, it is quite a dark pink. Really appreciate any help before I give up altogether. xx :grr:

Is it a konad plate and konad polish you are using? Make sure there is no film on the plate some come with a peel off clear film that looks invisible :)

Some polishes don't work very well iv only had success with the konad special polish.

Give it all a good wipe down with polish remover/scrub fresh to make sure there is no oil on it.. Some people gently buff the stamp so it's not so smooth tho iv never had to do this...

That's all I can think of but I'm sure others will have other ideas :) x

What angle are you scraping polish off at? Sometimes if your scraper is too upright it can scrape too much polish out of deign.

Also speed is totally of the essence as Konad is super duper fast drying. I apply polish and then when it comes to scrap and stamping, I hold both, one in each hand and I scrape and stanp in almost the same second!!

E x

Yes its the konad plate and special polish, I have removed the film from plate also. Will try buffing the rubber stamp and wiping with scrubfresh to see if that brings me any joy!, its so frustrating, it looks so easy on video! Thanks for quick reply xx

File the stamp!! The pink squishy bit on the end of the stamper.... take a 180 grit file and give it a good rub over. I had trouble when i first started and its sometimes just that the stamper is so nice and shiny and new, it wont pick up the polish very well.

You wont do it any harm, i was a bit worried but it honestly made a huge difference x

Whey-hey!!! It has worked - you ladies are wonderful!!!!! Not quite getting it to stamp in the right place but I'll just practice! How do you get on if you are doing the same stamp on every nail, is it a case of wiping it clean for every nail and re-stamping? Also can you recommend any plates that have some good designs on. What extra should I be charging to do this with shellac? (Sorry for all questions, bit excited at mo!) Thank you soooooo much xxxx:lol:

Whey-hey!!! It has worked - you ladies are wonderful!!!!! Not quite getting it to stamp in the right place but I'll just practice! How do you get on if you are doing the same stamp on every nail, is it a case of wiping it clean for every nail and re-stamping? Also can you recommend any plates that have some good designs on. What extra should I be charging to do this with shellac? (Sorry for all questions, bit excited at mo!) Thank you soooooo much xxxx:lol:

Oh pleeeease put me out of my misery, which advice did you take on board so that your stamping worked ??? All of it ?? I bought Monster plates the other week (which Ive been told are also good ??) but simply couldnt get them to work either ... Was it the filing of the rubber stamp itself ???

I found the image didn't pick up until I buffed the stamp. Now it works fab :)
Vicki xx

Jumping on the thread as awaiting delivery of my Konad and will no doubt need some help! :)

I took a bit of all their great advice. I buffed the stamp lightly then wiped with scrubfresh (did this twice), I also angled my scraper so it wasn't 'upright', quite flat really and I worked a lot faster. It is still going to take a bit of practice to get it perfect but at least its stamping now! x

Slightly worried about removing a film. Konad does not have any film covering...........

I'm happy you figured it out:hug:!

Konad is like this, the beginning is all frustrating and stressful then suddenly your technique all comes together and you get the speed down with the scraping and the design transfer and you are like AHHH HAAA... I have it... ohhh look at the pretty nails... so easy and fast... WHAT OTHER PLATES CAN I BUY!?!?

And another konad addict is born :lick:

MissOwen I just wanted to say that I think your avatar is fabulous!

When you say buff the plates , what with a white block? I am having trouble too xx

Re read it and you said buff the stamp not the plate lol silly me x

I've just used some of this advice (mainly buffing the pad) and it came out perfect first time! I've been trying for months and months!! I'm one happy Nail Tech right now!! I shall get buying new discs!!

Just to say I tried buffing stamper with a white block. When scraping the polish off not to much pressure. And it worked have my first set on, I have to admit far from perfect but they look ok lol xxx

I am going to try this when I go back this week! Almost two years mine has been sat in a box after I had tried and tried to no avail grrrr it was so frustrating. I almost gave it away, but I am looking forward to another attempt now thanks geeks I will let you know how it goes! x

I am going to try this when I go back this week! Almost two years mine has been sat in a box after I had tried and tried to no avail grrrr it was so frustrating. I almost gave it away, but I am looking forward to another attempt now thanks geeks I will let you know how it goes! x

Deffo try it out! Mines been sitting in the cupboard too and I had given up!! I'm in love all over again! X

Latest posts

Back