What am I missing????...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxylocks

Reaction score
I'm just making a list of all the outgoings that a new salon would have. Have I missed any?

Rent
Business rates
Water
Electric
Products
Electrical equipment
Other equipment (rolers, perm rods etc)
Phone line rental
Phone bill
Insurances

I think I have all of them, but not sure!!

you music license aswell hun! :lol: xx

Leaflets? Flyers, business cards?
Website?
Peoples wages?
Internet?
x

Oh yeah!

Well, we're gonna use a free website to begin with, and we need to decide about our wages, as there's not gonna be any other staff for a while!

Thanks! :green:

PDQ machine (credit card machine),
bank charges,
accounts fee,
I am sure I'll think of a few more.

Oh I forgot Uniform x

Sundry items such as:
stamps/envelopes
milk, tea, coffee, sugar
mugs/cups

thanks geeks, keep them coming, we've got a meeting tomorrow, and I would like to have everything covered!! Thanks!! :green:

Here's some more:)

• PAT testing
  • Fire extinguishers and Annual servicing
  • Waste disposal
  • Clinical waste disposal (maybe)
  • PRS and PPL Licences (If you want to play or listen to music)

Here's some more:)

• PAT testing
  • Fire extinguishers and Annual servicing
  • Waste disposal
  • Clinical waste disposal (maybe)
  • PRS and PPL Licences (If you want to play or listen to music)

Oh dear, what's PAT testing??? :eek:

washing towels etc, either taking them home, washing them in salon means buying washing and drying machine or sending them to laundry

Building Insurance'sEmployer liability insuranceAccident insuranceTraining UniformsOtherLaundryWindow cleaningCleaning materialsCleanersWaste collectionMenusOther stationaryNewsletterDirect mailAdvertisingPromotionsGift voucher setsXmas cardsPostageFlowersRefreshments - drinks/fruit for clientsMusic - CD'sTea light candles etcOther client amenitiesElectricity WaterRent RatesTelephone systemTelephone line and callsAccountant SolicitorGardeningDecoratingRepairs and maintenanceSubscriptionsRefreshmentsChristmas staff meal OtherProfessional dues or licensesPetty cashBank chargesMerchant feesInterest - bankInterest - loanInterest - mortgageLoan - equipmentDepreciationBad debts

I just copied and pasted that from an old spreadsheet someone give me. Probably most have been mentioned. xxx

Thanks everyone, very helpful!!

:green::green::green:

solictor? :) Di x

Sorry if I sound thick! What would we need a soliciter for? We're not buying the property, we are just renting, and we're gonna get someone to look through the contract for us.

Sorry if I sound thick! What would we need a soliciter for? We're not buying the property, we are just renting, and we're gonna get someone to look through the contract for us.

Is it leasehold? If so you'll definitely need a solicitor

Last edited:
ally bally bee mentioned all the horrors!
But just in my opinion running a buisness the taxes ,vat and empoyment taxes ,corporation tax etc need to be given proirity.

Latest posts

Back