what are these spots!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mary1981

Reaction score
This is a question for skin geek experts out there! I suffer with an oily spot prone skin, sometimes its under control and i just get 1 or 2 but lately i've had a few very large painful spots on my forehead. They are red hot, they throb so hard they have a pulse and people think i have bumped my head as a 2inch diameter around the red spot swells up. I had to try and pop one the ohter day just to relieve some pressure but just water comes out. I'd say i get around 5 of these a year but i've got 2 right now! What are these?? is it just cos the skin is close to the bone there? good job i can stlye my hair to the other side!
I've recently started using the dermalogica clay cleanser and wondered if its bringing the rubbish out of my skin? I also have a couploe right on the jaw line by the bone there and they are so painful too, they are full of the usual yucky stuff thouhgh. I try desperatley not to pick but sometimes to pressure is too much. I do use clean cotton buds though:green:
Hope someone can help me
thanks xxx

Sorry to hear that and I know that its not nice either. This is not a professional opinion at all but a personal one, I have been having a lot of skin problems over the last couple of years. Over the last year they got a lot worse and the hot red throbbing spots that are not puss filled do sound familiar and I was getting them on my forehead, temples and jaw line along with some acne on my chin at times. I haven't got a clue or opinion if its the same but all I know is I did suffer for a couple of years and then they started to spread to my back and shoulders and one became really badly infected and caused a lot of problems, needed minor surgery and so on............What I am trying to say is go to your doctors and ask to be referred to a dermatologist, it has made so much difference so quickly and it turned out that I could not have treated it myself I needed medical help and the original problem was hormonal (pco) but the infection got out of hand. I wish I had done it when it first started and I would have saved a lot of time and money and my confidence. Good luck and hth xxx

thank hun, i have had dianette in the past for my skin, but they wouldnt let me have it anymore as i had been on it over 5 years, so 2 years ago it was changed. I do believe a lot of it is hormonal as before dianette it was a lot lot worse. i have seen a dermatologist in the past who prescribed retin a but although it helped it was not the miracle cream lol! back then i didnt have these big throbbers either so i think you are right and a trip back to the docs might be a good place to start! Glad you got sorted hun! xxx

I thinks it is best to be safe than sorry, so unfortunately does sound like a trip to the doctors. With hormones it does seem to be one constant battle really but the problem with skin infections is not knowing when its hormones causing acne and when its an infection without a dermatologists diagnosis. My doctor did not even realise and thought I had a cyst. I have agreed to take a course of antibiotics for six months and can't say I am loving it but the relief is so worth it and the difference was within days. Good luck. :hug:xxx

You may find you will get relief with just a topical antibiotic which will have to be prescribed by your Dr.

Latest posts

Back