What are you thoughts on electric nail files

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkleshoes

Reaction score
just wanted to know people's opinions on use of electric nail files please?

My thoughts , are about the same as I think with ALL professional nail products!
if they are high quality and are used only by someone who knows what they are doing with it then they are fab!

sweet squared now do Kupa training :)

My efile is my right hand man and wouldnt be without it.
with the correct training they are fine in the correct hands

As the others say .. Get the best file (KUPA) and the best training to go along with it.

My e-file is Not my right hand man, but I do use the efile for debulking if needs be.

Last edited:
Erica's mt 20 rocks!! It's a workhorse!!

as above, mt20 is my fav, gotta say helps my wrist and elbow hell of a lot! But again get the best training you can! Young Nails has been training with Efiles for years, definatly a high reccomend

As far as I am aware, the file yn use is made by KUPA efile.

i have never used one and dont think i would because of all the horrendous nails i have seen after clients have been treated with them and i think they have a bad name .But as the others said i suppose if u have the right training it might be ok, i just think clients may be put off of these due to bad previous experience!

I use a Kupa Mani pro I have two of these one for each desk. Efiles are safe in with the correct training and safe use. I recently snapped my tendon in my thumb on my working hand my efile helped me through the day without it i would have been in horrendous pain. my hand would swell with hand filing.

If you do decide to get trained with an efile make sure you get a good efile with a reputable company (no ebay jobby) as the kupa is virtually silent with no vibration. nothing worse than you using an efile on a client and it vibrates and rattles there enhancements

i have never used one and dont think i would because of all the horrendous nails i have seen after clients have been treated with them and i think they have a bad name .But as the others said i suppose if u have the right training it might be ok, i just think clients may be put off of these due to bad previous experience!

You are wrong. An e-file is safe and wonderful used with the right touch and in the right hands.
Some clients may be put off .. then teach them that it doesn't have to be a bad experience.
Train with Sweet Squared with the KUPA. Awesome.

I have seen damage done by e-files, but then ive seen damage done by incorrect use of hand files too. Its definately down to the person using the file.
I was quite reluctant to give the e-file a go after years of reading how damaging they can be.
My first experience of the e-file was at the Event when Jjulia Moran used one on me......what a pleasant surprise!!!! No vibration, no burning, no damage, in fact it was nothing like i imagined.
Since then I have done my kupa training with Fee Wallace and im glad I did. I have been taught how to use it correctly and have never had any issues with it.
I dont use it all the time, but as geeg says, its great for de-bulking and if im feeling really lazy i use it for removing gel top coat before infilling.:o
I dont depend on my e-file but I enjoy having it and having the option to use it.

Heyyy thats me your talking about!!

I have used e files for 15 years, and their are 5 techs all using them at my salon and would never look back.

It is a decision that has to be made wether they are right for you or not,and good e files are not cheap to many peeps.
Its always been one of the most important pieces of my working kit, so the cost of a new machine never came into it with me.

I am always more than happy and willing to demo to anyone that pops in to see us here at the Manchester academy. Give us a call anytime and i will set aside a wee few minutes to help you decide.

Julia x

Heyyy thats me your talking about!!

I have used e files for 15 years, and their are 5 techs all using them at my salon and would never look back.

It is a decision that has to be made wether they are right for you or not,and good e files are not cheap to many peeps.
Its always been one of the most important pieces of my working kit, so the cost of a new machine never came into it with me.

I am always more than happy and willing to demo to anyone that pops in to see us here at the Manchester academy. Give us a call anytime and i will set aside a wee few minutes to help you decide.

Julia x
If Julia cant make it look appealling....no-one can :Kissing:

Latest posts

Back