What are your goals for 2005

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaydee

Reaction score
Hi All, hope 2005 is starting off a good year for you all. A question for you all is 'What are your goals for 2005'. I have sat down and thought long and hard about what I would like to achieve within this year. Here are mine. I am aiming to do my real rebalancing, sculpting and magic make over classes and sit my qualification day with l+p to become a Master. I am also hoping to build up a good portfolio of my work and also to start competing. I look forward to hearing yours.
David.x

Mine's simple, try and make a healthy profit this year!

I would have to agree with both of you... do my academy classes, and make a profit!

My last year has been so unbelievable exciting, Comp winner, Masters, Photo shoots.....
How can that be followed....????.......Well my goal for this year is, yep you guessed it more eductation........NVQ3, more Masterclasses.....and maybe win a Competition too......
So lets get back to this at the end of the year and see what we have all actualy managed to achieve........
Great post David and good luck to all and may all your ambitions become achievements xxxx

Hiya,

i have also had an absolutly fantastic 2004 and i hope 2005 will be even better.............................my goals not to be thick anymore (only kidding) I would like mine and hermies business to do well!!! and to help bring the name of nails into the 21st century..........................for my family to healthy and enjoy life as we are not here for very long!!!

Fab thread David

Amanda

Firstly I hope you all achieve your goals this year.

My goal is to become a better tech... I've started the ball rolling by booking in my Fabric# conversion so I'm already on the way there eh? I just want to be good at what I do and improve my technique wherever possible. I want my clients to be happy with the service I provide and also to build up my clientelle.

That's it... one step at a time for me :wink2: If I do better than that I will be well impressed.

I hope 2005 is a positive experience for all.
What I really want is to raise the profile of nails over here, to not give up when I'm faced with so much miseducation (Clients, Beauticians and Nail Techs!) I want others to value training and education as much as I do rather than view it as 'expensive!'
I want to start building a good foundation for my future success.

I also would like to be able to control my addiction to this site, I know my Mum would be delighted if I put half as much energy into planning my wedding! (I've told her that its nails first - everything else later - sorry Steve!!LOL!!)

Hmm, I guess I have quite a few goals for this year, some probably more acheivable than others!

First off I would like starting my business to be a success, but don't we all? :D I'd like to be able to please my clients and know that every set of nails I do is the best I could have done. I would like to attend some more workshops or one-to-ones, although that does seem a little difficult in my area. Ideally I would like to be able to look at expanding - yes, I am thinking ahead rather too much, but this time next year, or at the end of the year, I would like to be in a position where I could offer more treatments or have a bigger room. I guess that will all depend on how this year goes!

By the end of the year I would like Al and I to be in a financial position where we can at least be looking at somewhere to move into together again, rather than living with our parents, but that also depends on the business - both mine and his!

On a shallow note, one goal is to reach a point somewhere this year when I can have made enough £££ in one month to purchase something I really want. I don't know what it is yet, but I guess I will finally feel like I am acheiving something when I can say 'yep, I can afford that now'. Nothing big, but I long to have that feeling of independence where I can say 'look at this, I earned it and it's mine'.

Finally I long to be in a position where my parents don't worry about me anymore. I guess they always will, after all, they're my parents, but I want them to be able to be safe in the knowledge that I am happy and making a success of something. And I want to be here this time next year saying that I reached these goals!!

xxxx

Oh, last but not least, I wish for all my fellow Geeks to reach their goals too!

Great Post David - My Goals for 2005 - they are not in any particular order!
  1. To continue to be better and better in the nail Education field!
  2. It's all about the Brand
  3. To continue to grow Consumer PR
  4. To have the best Customer Service in order placement and Academy Sales
  5. To grow CreativeSpa
  6. To do Cannes Film Festival
  7. To do Paris Fashion Week
  8. To win a PB Award
  9. To get back to 10 stone
  10. To be a good mother and wife
  11. To walk part of the great wall of China to raise money for whizz kidz - this is something I am doing... but I have to physically complete it... that's my goal!
There are more but that's for starters! :D

hi david,

i am also looking at a few classes, as well as 1 to 1 for the annoying nail things, i cannot perfect, i want to finish my hnc beauty, i am struggling with work, college and family, but this is my year to learn and grow and get there

annx

Mine is to make my business a sucess and make profit of course xx

Hi David, i have hundred of goals, but my main one is to build my clientele and to continue learning on top of the knowledge i already have to become a well recognised technician, as well as maybe one day being able to compete! to be healthy and to be less of a worrier! x x

Hi everyone,
My goals are to learn to drive, get my youngest off to school in september, and to go mobile in my area. Happy New Year to everyone hope all your dreams are achieved.

My goals are to build up the business, and become successful in the teaching career which I am about to enter in the next week. Thinking about taking a course in September in Reflexology, it looks interesting.

Good luck all, here are mine:

To learn as much about the nail industry as possible, to practice l&p application, manis, pedis and nail art as much as possible until I am confident enough to advertise my services as a mobile technician and to gain clients.

To have happy and healthy family and friends.

For my beloved Anthony to be successful in his new job.

To have a sparkly ring on my left ring finger before the year is over (all cross fingers please that Anthony asks me this year!!).

Surely not too much to ask?!!!!!

My goal is to become a qualified nail technician! :D

My goals for this year are to b able to do the perfect smile line FIRST time!!!

Get back in to size 10 jeans!!!!
Stop my daughter from bitting her nails!
Earn and learn as much as I can so I can earn n learn even more next year!
And to try to get a little me time once in a while

Debz xxx

As i turn 30 this year,:eek: my goals are

1. to lose 3 stone
2. to complete my creative course L+p
3. to learn how to apply gel nails
4. start a mobile nail tech service, they are lacking in my area
5. to get my house to look presentable to visitors, eg finish decorating, tidy up more often
6. to be a better wife and mother

em x

mmm....let me think....okay ive a few....open my own salon and ezflow education centre (pretty big expensive goal me thinks...coolio tho ;))...finish my competion nails...in the nailympics...continue improving myself and helping my students improve and helping them out in the big ol wide world of nails ;) ...erm.... lose some more weight...go to more gigs and see some fabby band live....to never smoke again....nt even when ive had far too much to drink...i gave up last new yr (2004) and seem to ended up smoking when ive had far too much...it doesnt happen often -im nt really a big drinker... but if im ever out with any of you and i wanna smoke remind me of this post!!...lol....erm...raise loads more money in geekbay charity auction...keep bidding ppl!!... share my passion with everyone abt what i do and the products i use....meet all my coolio geek mates sometime this yr... oh and not forgetting.... getting more ppl to say coolio....its a totally addictive word :cool: ;)
i could go on and on thinking more goals but my minds blank rite now...if i think of any more i'll have to edit the post ;)

Jess
xox

Hi
1st time using the site, so its all new to me. I passed my foundation Creative Nail Design course in December 2004, still practising and trying to get myself set up mobile,anyone got an idea when i be best doing the real rebalancing day, not sure if i do it now or when im a bit more experienced.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back