What did you want to be when you grew up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PLEASE FORGIVE ME GUYS... but I actually wanted to be a traffic warden:o
I was 16 and wrote to them asking how to become one because I hadnt come across it anywhere, and they wrote back telling me they were impressed with my enthusiasm but I had to be 18 to apply...saying I was GUTTED is an understaement.
Anyway, as i was being pushed by my parents to get a job, I ended up being a dental nurse.
Even now, I wonder how much of a different person I would be if i did get to be a traffic warden when i was younger

PLEASE FORGIVE ME GUYS... but I actually wanted to be a traffic warden:o
I was 16 and wrote to them asking how to become one because I hadnt come across it anywhere, and they wrote back telling me they were impressed with my enthusiasm but I had to be 18 to apply...saying I was GUTTED is an understaement.
Anyway, as i was being pushed by my parents to get a job, I ended up being a dental nurse.
Even now, I wonder how much of a different person I would be if i did get to be a traffic warden when i was younger

That made me laugh for ages!!
I always see traffic wardens and think surely you didn't want that job?
Lol xx
What was it that interested you? xx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

I wanted to do beauty, but my mum said I wasn't pretty enough!

Then I wanted to be a teacher, but decided it would involve too much work.

In the end, I decided I wanted to be a secretary, which I sort of ended up doing, well I worked in Admin for 20 years.

Here I am now following a few health problems, hoping to train in nails, so am sticking my tongue out at my mum, cause she was wrong, nowadays, you don't necessarily need to look like a model to do beauty!

In the end, I decided I wanted to be a secretary, which I sort of ended up doing, well I worked in Admin for 20 years.

Here I am now following a few health problems, hoping to train in nails, so am sticking my tongue out at my mum, cause she was wrong, nowadays, you don't necessarily need to look like a model to do beauty!

Good on you! :) x

When I was really little I said I wanted to work in Sayers (the bakers) because it smelt so yummy. Then I wanted to be cabin crew but I left school at 16 and you needed to be 18 to start... And I never did.

x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Good on you!

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

That made me laugh for ages!!
I always see traffic wardens and think surely you didn't want that job?
Lol xx
What was it that interested you? xx

Ha ha do you know, i really dont know now what made me want to do it, and its not a job i could take on now, I dont have the guts.
I think it was the feedom of being able to mosey around town and get paid for it and just slap a few tickets on unreasonably parked cars while no-one was looking :lol:

Ha ha do you know, i really dont know now what made me want to do it, and its not a job i could take on now, I dont have the guts.
I think it was the feedom of being able to mosey around town and get paid for it and just slap a few tickets on unreasonably parked cars while no-one was looking :lol:

Lol what a random answer for this question! Ah well think of it as a lucky escape- I've never seen a smiling traffic warden! xx

I too wanted to be a policewoman but at 5'2" - too short! Then I wanted to be a hairdresser, careers advice said I seemed too shy - I did it anyway to prove them wrong.
I do sometimes look wistfully at police cars, maybe forensic science? such a lot rides on the decision you make when you're 16/18 doesn't it? :green:

When i was very young i wanted to be a flying trapeze artist in the circus :eek::lol: they looked like they had so much fun!!

Then i wanted to be an actress... then a lorry driver.... then i left school with no idea what i wanted to do!

Why can't short people be police? :S x

Why can't short people be police? :S x

i dont get this either, my sister in-law is in the police and she is the same height as me 5"3'
she started as a pcso and worked her way up though.

When I was young I wanted to work in the post office, and still think it looks fun to sell stamps and send parcels

I wanted to be a Disney VoiceOver or animator when I was little, then wanted to go to medical school. I work in telecommunications now and just finally realised that I wanna do cosmeceuticsls and beauty...!

Sort people can be in the police now, way back in the day they had height restrictions!! :green:

Yeah, the police used to have height restrictions and eyesight restrictions too. Needless to say, I came up short on both! (No pun intended, lol) xx

Latest posts

Back