what do i do now? Is this still gonna work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats really great fingers crossed :)

hiya, thanks again to all of you!

The business side of things is going well, i get my princes trust money in the banl tommorow which is gonna be a great help, getting my car signs done within the next 2 wks hopefully. Ive got quite a few bookings for december (although more is always welcome!:green:) and people have been recommending me to their friends which is great!

Most of my work is in the evenings which works well for me, my 6yr old and 4yr old are at school so i have time in the day when im not working to chill out and put my feet up - which is something im making the most of now!

Ill let you all know how my next scan goes in 2wks time.. Im sure its gonna be fine - ive been suffering badly with morning sickness over the last couple of days - i had it with my other 2 children and always get it early!! - Not that im complaining though - i didnt think id be here now so im welcoming the morning sickness with open arms!!! lol!

just wanted to let you know that i had a loan for a business (that im still waiting to take off lol) from the princes trust last dec and seen as it hasnt taken off as well as id hoped they have kept my repayments at a reduced rate so it shouldnt be to much of a problem that side! i really hope all this works out well for you and congrats on ur pregnancy!!! xxx

I also started with a princess trust loan, you should have been appointed a business mentor, thy're not there to tell you what to do but to support you in all aspects of your business, i don't know if you have already but make sure you tell your mentor, they'll let the trust know and you may be able to defer payments for a while or like bonjovirock4eva said they should be able to put them at a reduced rate, either way it will help to have someone else to run things by xx good luck with it all and congratulations on your pregnancy xxx

hiya, thanks everyone for the advice re: loan payments! Im meeting my mentor tommorow and will be telling her then so we'll see what she says. Its the first meeting ive had with her since I signed for my loan so i doubt she will be too impressed with me:eek:. She seems to be quite a strict business woman - but hopefully she will have a gentle side too!! lol!

Ive just finished getting my accounts up-to-date (or at least i think i have!) as i have to take them with me tommorow. Even though id thought business wasnt going too bad - its actually not been as good as I thought! As usual ive spent more out than id planned :cry: This is my fourth month now (or into my 2nd with the Princes Trust) - how long does it take before you actually start to make a profit or break even?? Its quite depressing when you see it all on paper that youve made nothing!

hiya, thanks everyone for the advice re: loan payments! Im meeting my mentor tommorow and will be telling her then so we'll see what she says. Its the first meeting ive had with her since I signed for my loan so i doubt she will be too impressed with me:eek:. She seems to be quite a strict business woman - but hopefully she will have a gentle side too!! lol!

Ive just finished getting my accounts up-to-date (or at least i think i have!) as i have to take them with me tommorow. Even though id thought business wasnt going too bad - its actually not been as good as I thought! As usual ive spent more out than id planned :cry: This is my fourth month now (or into my 2nd with the Princes Trust) - how long does it take before you actually start to make a profit or break even?? Its quite depressing when you see it all on paper that youve made nothing!

As a general rule of thumb you wouldnt expect to see a profit for at least 12 months, but it all comes down to your business plan and initial spend budget I suppose.

p.s. - good luck with your mentor - I am sure she will understand.

Hiya! Just thought id update slightly..

I had my meeting with my mentor who was very pleased with how things are going :green: That was a relief as I was panicking!
I also told her about being pregnant and she was very pleased for me! - So another relief for me! lol!

Ive also had my 2nd scan now and my little bean is doing fine! I could see the little hearbeat punding away and have now been discharged from the early pregnancy unit.
So now, the main panic is over for me - I just have to have routine scans now so next one is at 12 wks which will be sometime in January...

Thanks to all of you for your support and kind words over the last few weeks! It was soooo hard at the beginning being petrified and not able to talk about it - so thanks for giving me a listening ear (or should i say listening ears!!)...

Hiya,
I'm a newby geek. Just want to say Congratulations!! and wish you loads of luck with your pregnancy and new business. So glad your little bean is doing so well on your scans!!!!!!

Don't be afraid to ask clients to carry things for you. I'm sure they will be happy to help you in this way and get excited with you about the little bean!!
(If you haven't told your clients yet, you could always tell them you have a bad back or something so that you don't lift anything in and out of your car that might be heavy)

Setting up a business can be very stressful (I set mine up about 16 months ago.......... 10 weeks before my WEDDING!!!!.......) but at the same time very exciting too! I think its really important to do a job that you actually enjoy doing and they do say that beauticians are the happiest people in their jobs out of any other profession!

Being mobile should fit in really well with you having young children as you can work things around the school runs to suit you. Just take your business slowly as you do sound like a busy bee with your college stuff as well. Make sure you put your feet up when you can. Did you go to any relaxation classes when you had your other two children? Ask your midwife for details. This will be great for you and little bean but at the same time you can meet lots of mums to be to share experiences with who will all understand your worries and at the same time these ladies will be a good client base for you as young mums will love having a mobile beautician and they might get together at one house in twos's or three's if they know each other from the classes and this will save you rushing from one house to the next.

Anyway Congratulations once again and look after yourself and little bean. Have a lovely Christmas and enjoy some time with your family and get plenty of rest when you can as I remember feeling really tired at the beginning of my pregnancies and ok in the middle and then really tired at the end. Don't spend hours worrying about your business and making plans in your head and all that stuff. Just treat it as a "little job" for now.

Take care,
Lots of love
Mrs Bean! xxxxxxxxxxx:):):):green::green::green:

Latest posts

Back