what do we dislike about the job? mine is feet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate people who make appointments and don't turn up (my 10am today:mad: ) I don't really dislike doing any treatments, just sitting at work for 2 hours doing nothing much.

Mine has to be French Polishes. I hate doing them. Especially when you try really hard to get them perfect, then your client smudges one cos she's answering her phone etc.:mad:

yeah, i agree smudged nail polish. why can't they sit still for 5 minutes!!!

sprinkles said:
Hey River, fancy passing on your nail fresh tips? and I can't find the brush you use in the new product catalogue, is it called something else now?

Hi Selina,

Gosh, I feel honoured !

I cant find the brush in the new Catalogue either. It used to be on p. 23 in the old catalogue (60517 Gel Brush) image F. Might be worth while giving Creative a call.

As for doing the french manicures.

Apply your chosen colour to the free edge of the nail. Try to keep you hand steady, but don't fear, if it goes all wonky, that's where good old Nail Fresh comes in.

Dip your gel brush into the the Nail Fresh and gently swipe the smile line in the varnish, like you would if you back-bobbed a nail enhancement.

The same method can also be used if you need to tidy up the cuticle area.

The Nail Fresh completely removes the varnish with no residue or trace, unlike using acetone. It leaves a perfectly crisp line.

It's normally recommended that you don't use a base coat when using the above method as you obviously take some of the base coat off, but so far I haven't had any problems.

HTH's

River

OMG i hate noshows!!!:irked:

River said:
Hi Selina,

Gosh, I feel honoured !

I cant find the brush in the new Catalogue either. It used to be on p. 23 in the old catalogue (60517 Gel Brush) image F. Might be worth while giving Creative a call.

As for doing the french manicures.

Apply your chosen colour to the free edge of the nail. Try to keep you hand steady, but don't fear, if it goes all wonky, that's where good old Nail Fresh comes in.

Dip your gel brush into the the Nail Fresh and gently swipe the smile line in the varnish, like you would if you back-bobbed a nail enhancement.

The same method can also be used if you need to tidy up the cuticle area.

The Nail Fresh completely removes the varnish with no residue or trace, unlike using acetone. It leaves a perfectly crisp line.

It's normally recommended that you don't use a base coat when using the above method as you obviously take some of the base coat off, but so far I haven't had any problems.

HTH's

River

thanx river - that last line has just cleared up my problem!!!! i was about to say when i use nail fresh to tidy up the smile the base coat comes off too! xx

pinkchicnails said:
thanx river - that last line has just cleared up my problem!!!! i was about to say when i use nail fresh to tidy up the smile the base coat comes off too! xx

It only comes of a little bit, so no major problem.

River

No Shows.....a call or text takes no time at all....i'm not scary!!!!

I had those costumer that have have an appointment and either do show and the ones that show up 30 minutes late like there is not a problem had to tell a few that i would have to reschedule them this week

i realy dont mind feet as long as they have been in the footbath as to be honest yes feet can look ugly and smell but people do a lot grosser things with finger nails (im thinking places they itch, things they pick and not washing aftre visiting the little girls/boys room)
i cant really think of many things that bother me but i havent really been doing nails very long

It's not so much the job with me,it's clients who try to take advantage

Latest posts

Back