what do we dislike about the job? mine is feet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobile nail tec

Reaction score
i was just wondering, any one else disliked doing a treatment?
i have this about feet, can't stand any ones feet near me, touching me and so on.
i have never had a pedicure, and don't think i could every do one on someone else.

but what dislike and why?

I have to agree with you feet are a definate no no:!:

Well I hated feet and French polish. But with the help of my fellow geeks I have gotten over both, I knew I was cured when I did my first French pedicure!

i must be odd ! i dont mind feet !

But i DO dislike french polishing ! would much rather do it in gel !

er...what do i hate....people who pay good money for me to do their nails and dont look after them !

So i spose i hate NIGHTMARE rebalances.

amb xx

what really bugs me is when i make people's nails look spanking and they don't give a toss. I have clients who pick their skin around them, bite the enhancements off, lose nails and are generally a pain in the bum. people who pick then complain that their enhancements aren't strong enough. GGGRRRRR. i tell them if they ddn't pick them they wouldn't be picking off layers of their natural nail. I don't understand why you'd pay to have your hands made to look nice, only to make a pigs ear out of them?!

I agree.

I used to absolutely dread having to do a French Manicures.

But with the helpful advise from Geeks and from Kirsten (aka Tilly Ann) on the right brush to use with Nail Fresh to get the smile lines, I love doing them now ! No more cold sweats for me :)

River

I dont mind feet, or french manicures ... but I do hate, as somebody else has said when you spend a long time really revamping somebodys nails and they come back for a rebalance with bitten skin, one woman had actually picked the skin on her thumb into a crater with one of her tips (ouch) so i suppose its clients that spend a lot of money, get what they want and then ruin it with their own fair hands! x - oh and i dont do beauty anyway, only nails, but i dont think i could do bikini waxing ,... give me feet anyday ! hee hee

kadie said:
what really bugs me is when i make people's nails look spanking and they don't give a toss. !

Snap !

You spend ages making their nails look great and then they go and trash them.

Also, no matter how hard you try to tell them the benefits of using SolarOil etc. or even just the basics of using gloves while washing up etc., they simply don't listen and then come to you and complain and say "I can never get my nails to look any good"

I wonder why !!!???

River

Clients who just don't get it !!!!!

If i just come and pay for the odd repair when one "falls" off at £3 per nail then why bother to come for infill's at £20

I cant really afford to have my nails done...but want them done...so i will just come every 4-5 weeks and then moan about them being trashed.

You get the idea....lol..thank goodness that these clients are the minority. xx

River said:
I agree.

on the right brush to use with Nail Fresh to get the smile lines, River

which is......?????

lol xx:)

NailStyle said:
which is......?????

lol xx:)

i've got this fab little round ended sable brush which i use to swipe out the smile line. i use a good amount of nail varnish remover (sometimes pure acetone if it isn't an enhancemnent) and then make sure there isn't to much polish on the brush (squeeze it out like L&P) and then swipe under the smile!

...When clients who overdo the perfume complain about the smell of my monomer!:eek:

I hated my Pedicure course, I dont like other peoples feet and I hated having mine done. That said, I have hobbit feet (not furry though!) and seeing my feet all soft (a first) and nails all done over in french with a few sparklies was lovely.

I absolutely hate scraping the nail plate during prepping, not sure how my nails ever stay on because until I trained that had never been done to me and I absolutely loathe trimming the 'cuticles' but its part of our training. I hope I dont fail the practical exam on that as I just will not do it.

I'm dreading french manicures, mine are terrible. I've never been good at doing them on myself but my attempts on my nail trainer are just embarrasing, there is no way someone would pay for me to do them! :o

Hey River, fancy passing on your nail fresh tips? and I can't find the brush you use in the new product catalogue, is it called something else now?

The clients!

Specialy the ones who keep saying "oops smudged one" you end up repainting about 10 times before they go!

Also clients that come to you with dirty hands and nails....revolting! I would be so embarresed to turn up to have my nails done with filthy nails.

Sorry guys, having a bad client day!:(

I absolutely hate body massage...a full hour of boredom in my eyes.

oops just realised this is more about nails, but dont mind pedis but hate toe nails like bell metal it hurts m wrists and one landed on my lip!

I still hate smile lines. I can do them, but I still get a shiver down my spine when I know theres one coming up.:rolleyes:

when the cuticle youre removing goes all gunky yuk!!:eek: but then again i suppose that shows your doing a good job getting it off

Sorry Peeps,

I'm v/lucky as I throughly enjoy every aspect of what I do:)
I lurve manicures and pedicures, as I find myself v/relaxed as a perform them on my clients:zzz:
I enjoy producing enhancements as I like the expressions on their faces at the end, especially those coming to me from nss.
With each client, I try to educate them with my aftercare leaflets. Something they're not use to in nss.
I really enjoy learning about nails.:)

Latest posts

Back