What do you argue about?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natalie9009

Reaction score
Evening all just after a bit of a chat.....

Had a bad afternoon arguing with my husband and it's made me think if all couples argue like we sometimes do. I know arguing is supposed to be healthy to a marriage but it seems that when we argue, which isn't that often, it's over stupid stuff that makes me always really upset and he is stubborn and never backs down or understands.....

I think he thinks I want to change him. I just want him to act his age sometimes (36) as he still thinks he's 21!!

What sorts of things do you argue about?

We don't really argue, but we do bicker, both of us thinks we know best! We always laugh in the end though. We've only had proper arguments when were both drunk!

Of course, we never really have anything big to argue about it is just little stupid things, it is normal in relationships. Sometimes it might be something stupid like on his day off not washing up or something really daft that dosnt really matter but when you've just come in from a long day the last thing I want to see is more work to do when he's done nothing all day.
I wouldn't worry about it, if you stop arguing thats when if start worrying because its like they've given up and stopped caring. (In a strange way)
Just take it on the chin, thats my advice anyway

LusciousLocks&Me

I like things done a certain way. He doesn't like when I nit pick.. I like to get to the bottom of things but he'd rather drop a subject/ignore something. Causes frustration! But we rarely argue,, not properly... And I don't like arguments or anger so do get upset easily.
Everyone's relationships are different though. Some people actually like arguing! Knew a lass and she liked having big fights with her guy cos they'd have frisky make-up *** hahah
But if nobody argued where would the world be! We'd all just be quietly seething and nothing would change lol x

Money, the kids, and general man laziness!! Lol
Money root of all evil and think it's the main thing most people argue about no matter how much you have, kids because of stress tiredness and never knowing if your doing it right and difference if opinion (him treating little girl as daddy's little princess!!!), and well mans laziness speaks for itself haha
I've never been one for the whole make up frisky thing lol I'm usually still reeling so can't brig myself to let him in as he'd think all is forgiven haha I'm a stubborn mare!!

Thank you for your comments. I know we all argue and the thing is I am a natural worrier and always overthink things too much! Then after I've had time to cool off I realise how pathetic I was being. It is the stresses in life that make us blame one another as it's always easier to blame the people you are closet too.

Currently sat upstairs whilst he's downstairs, fun Saturday night for me!!

Money, time, man laziness, man selfishness, proper full on fights we are both quite temperamental, over the years everything, but we are both mellowing a bit more now 11 years on, im learning not to hold a grudge for too long now it just stressful and a waist of time, I think I depends on peoples personalitys if they argue or not, if I argue with you it means I care if I don't argue its because I don't care enough to bother, only if there's cause to of course :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Thank you for your comments. I know we all argue and the thing is I am a natural worrier and always overthink things too much! Then after I've had time to cool off I realise how pathetic I was being. It is the stresses in life that make us blame one another as it's always easier to blame the people you are closet too.

Currently sat upstairs whilst he's downstairs, fun Saturday night for me!!

Go down stairs, ask him if he wants a cuppa, I obviously dont know what your argument was about but just go down watch a film & get a bottle of wine or whatever and enjoy your time together

LusciousLocks&Me

I've just bollocked my other half, I bought us a meal deal from Tesco to eat tonight watching a film. He wanted to have his friend round for some drinks which I said I didn't mind (when I really did as I wanted an evenings peace) but he is in the kitchen with his friend whilst I'm watching tv (sinking a bottle of prosseco :D ) and I walk in and he's only bloody cooking the food I bought for him and his mate to eat!!! FUMING isn't even the word. He's even bloody cooked the food that I wanted :(

AND. To top it off, the t**t hasn't even offered me any and they've wolfed the lot.

Takeaway for me instead I think.

Go down stairs, ask him if he wants a cuppa, I obviously dont know what your argument was about but just go down watch a film & get a bottle of wine or whatever and enjoy your time together

LusciousLocks&Me

Thank you I think I will in a bit, life is too short to sit here and sulk. Plus my wine in the fridge is calling me!!! Xx

I've just bollocked my other half, I bought us a meal deal from Tesco to eat tonight watching a film. He wanted to have his friend round for some drinks which I said I didn't mind (when I really did as I wanted an evenings peace) but he is in the kitchen with his friend whilst I'm watching tv (sinking a bottle of prosseco :D ) and I walk in and he's only bloody cooking the food I bought for him and his mate to eat!!! FUMING isn't even the word. He's even bloody cooked the food that I wanted :(

AND. To top it off, the t**t hasn't even offered me any and they've wolfed the lot.

Will he clear the mess in the kitchen? ;)

Ah sorry but this did make me laugh. He sounds just like my husband and the sorts of things I stress at him over. His dinner is cooked in the slow cooker now but he hasn't even bothered to help himself, probably waiting for me to serve it too him. So frikking lazy and useless sometimes.

Enjoy the prosseco and take away!

Order his favourite take out & eat it in front of him (ha) Grrr men... They just don't think!

We bicker, we argue (not often) & we debate all the time. Of course we are both always 'right' until proved otherwise. Sometimes he drives me bloody crazy! Xx

Money. And what's for tea!! Constantly argue about that he always says "I'm not bothered" when I can't be bothered thinking lol grr!

This thread makes me feel like I'm normal 😁 we last argued over throwing a broken mop in the bin which escalated to me saying what do you know about mops you never clean
, to him shouting get of out my house then me saying you're house? I look back now and think it wasn't worth it - however it was. He's cleaned every day this week!

We bicker a lot. We're very similar but also very different. I'm neurotic and want everything done yesterday and he's relaxed and on constant go slow.

Of course I'm pregnant at the moment hideously hormonal so he doesn't really stand a chance! He can also be an absolute chuffing kn@b!

I think it's natural to argue and bicker. I think you just have to learn over the years to let things go a bit more.

What's the saying... don't go to bed on an argument, stay up and plot revenge. .. haha no im joking!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

We don't really argue, he winds me up a lot. He gets really hyper and silly on a night like a small child and all I want to do is sleep!

Evening all just after a bit of a chat.....

Had a bad afternoon arguing with my husband and it's made me think if all couples argue like we sometimes do. I know arguing is supposed to be healthy to a marriage but it seems that when we argue, which isn't that often, it's over stupid stuff that makes me always really upset and he is stubborn and never backs down or understands.....

I think he thinks I want to change him. I just want him to act his age sometimes (36) as he still thinks he's 21!!

What sorts of things do you argue about?

Oh this post has cheered me up. We mostly fight because he thinks he is still 21 too. They must grow up eventually right? For now I'm using the if you cant beat them join them mantra. So I'm 21 again for now too. X

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I had a massive debate last night on whether Star Trek and halo are good. I won, because obviously both games are amazing. We often bicker - not argue, mainly because I'm bored and don't want to sit and wait around whilst he plays his Xbox - I'm a gamer too but it annoys me he plays whilst I'm at his (I don't mind if I can play) but noooo, he has to play frickin battlefield (a 1 player game) or GTA. Annoys the hell out of me. So yesterday when he come to mine I did the same to pee him off intentionally. We also bicker that he doesn't clean up his crap, and he gets annoyed that I leave spoons in everything (like the sugar dish etc) when we lived together we bickered a LOT less :)

Were both Taurus, born on the same day, 8 yrs apart, if both get our stubborn heads on, but fortunately at different times, the only time we really lock horns is if we both want to help each other in the kitchen ... Or more him wanting to stir, poke, prod the stuff I'm cooking... He comes very close to a fork deeply embedded in his hand and I end up dropping the meat tray due to him under my feet and he blames me then laughs and says you should if let me do it GRRRR

He's now learnt GO AWAY ( in so many words ) if I'm doing a roast :)

Apart from that we know each other inside out so both know when to be quiet and when we can antagonise each other and get away with it

Latest posts

Back