What do you think of LA Tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks the logo needs changing. I love LA tan solutions but its the only product that I haven't put a logo on my website for.

Shelley X :)

I use 18% and fast tan. I find la tan takes longer to dry and my customers say its stickier than what I usually use x that's the only problem.

I use 18% and fast tan. I find la tan takes longer to dry and my customers say its stickier than what I usually use x that's the only problem.
Sounds like your over spraying or using too much solution as LA dries almost instantly for me and isn't sticky at all.

Are you changing the gun settings when you change solutions? Each solution will have a slightly different setting because of the different viscosity's of the liquids.

Sounds like your over spraying or using too much solution as LA dries almost instantly for me and isn't sticky at all.

Are you changing the gun settings when you change solutions? Each solution will have a slightly different setting because of the different viscosity's of the liquids.

Oh no I never change the settings maybe il turn it down next time, thanks for that tip x

I use LA (Thanks Baggy!) and i love it i just use the standard %'s not the gold range beautiful natural tans no orange in sight.
i did spray my eldest daughter with the fast tan and realised just as i was finishing up i had my gun on 7 Opps forgot to turn it down after the day befores clean! was worried as tan looked a bit wet whilst spraying but just put it down to it being the fast tan as it was the first time id used it hahaha poor love i was expecting an irate text message the next day....... she texted to say she loved it (left on for 4hrs even thou i told her 2 as she is fair and blonde hair blue eyes) have warned her the fade off maybe dire but then that will be her fault for late wash off (nothing to do with me soaking her in solution!!!!:green: ok so maybe it will but at least i wont make that mistake again! im still practising so its all a learning curve!) must be good if you can get away with making idiotic mistakes like that and it still comes out ok ;) def no complaints here glad they are rebranding logo is def naff!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks the logo needs changing. I love LA tan solutions but its the only product that I haven't put a logo on my website for.

Shelley X :)

Yea Shelley it's not good at all ....
Well got my tan and have sprayed a few body's and have to say I got all good reports back clients love it. Might try the fast tan next, what do you think and do you charge extra for it?

go for it! i think most peeps just charge the same but not 100% so will watch with interest!
Ive just sprayed hubbie with the fast tan and he's fair so leaving it on for 2hrs, i may live to regret it but i then got him to spray me with it and im leaving it on for 4hrs, looks like hes done a pretty good job for his 2nd spray tan (the bugger will probably land up being better at it than me haha) found it tricky though as its a bit different spraying hairy legs, chest and arm pits to smooth skinned woman, much harder to see what your doing! hopefully he doesnt land up patchy! :irked:

I use LA Tan and absolutely love it!!! I agree their packaging is naff and have told them often but their solutions are fab, my clients love the range of colours as there is something to suit everyone, and i have never found it to have an orange look to it.
On top of that they are a fantastic company to deal with and the nex day dlivery is great.
I've tried loads of brands but won't be changing from LA TAN x

I sprayed my friend last night with Fast Tan, she's never used LA Tan before, and she absolutely loved the guide colour! Shes pale with red hair and quite freckly, so I advised not to go too dark, but it looked stunning on her. As the night progressed (a bottle of wine emptied) she decided to leave the FAST tan on overnight to see what would happen. She left it on for about 12 hours!! and she text today to say its absolutely gorgeous and Ive seen a photo of her in the sun and it looks amazing. I wont see her "in the flesh" until Monday and I cant wait.
Im chuffed that she loves it so much as she was my first guinea pig (Ive not tanned anyone other than my training day!) so it was a test of LATan solution and my skill..

I personally think the FAST tan is going to be a big hit. I wont be charging extra for it, I'll be charging £15 regardless and Im mobile.
xx

I agree the logo is naff - I use 12 & 14 % and have no troubles lovely colours (dont Like Gold) I also use the 10% and over spray with the rapid to get a darker tan but leave overnight as I find the 18% just not the depeest brown .. I have just started to sell the moose also which I must say is the best so far, so no my clients top up with moose or for the ladies that are not so keen on spray tanning they can buy and take home themselves xx:lick:

I love love love the LA Tan range, I use the original solutions and at the moment I have 10% and 12%. My next purchase is the fast tan :) would love that myself!! Here are some pictures.. The first three are 10% - both white marks before wash off and the finished pose after wash off - the last one is 12% :) after washing obviously :) x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341760076.692374.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341760076.692374.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 135
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341760137.487041.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341760137.487041.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 126
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341760181.987063.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341760181.987063.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 121
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341760226.603472.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1341760226.603472.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 97
I love love love the LA Tan range, I use the original solutions and at the moment I have 10% and 12%. My next purchase is the fast tan :) would love that myself!! Here are some pictures.. The first three are 10% - both white marks before wash off and the finished pose after wash off - the last one is 12% :) after washing obviously :) x

The second photo of the lady stood, is that after wash off? X

It certainly is! It's the night after her tan and after we shower :)

The second photo of the lady stood, is that after wash off? X

Ah missy, thought you was banning yourself from this site,lol. you still looking at tans,ha ha.:D

Ah missy, thought you was banning yourself from this site,lol. you still looking at tans,ha ha.:D

Yep im still on the prowl :D hopefully not for too much longer though, i feel like getting a divorce from my tanning business at the minute haha! still really undecided :sad: x

Yep im still on the prowl :D hopefully not for too much longer though, i feel like getting a divorce from my tanning business at the minute haha! still really undecided :sad: x[/QU
hows your tan lasting ? I'm on day 5 now (Vani-t velocity) and it's wearing off now . But i did use fast tan which i dont think last aswell.
sorry for causing confusion i should of put a name.:o

I must say that after reading through threads like this I am leaning more towards LA Tan than Fake Bake, although I must admit the logo for LA Tan is really off putting. Hope that their rebranding will happen very very soon.

Latest posts

Back