What do you think of this HD brow video?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautician12345

Reaction score
Just watched this on Pixiwoo (love them), it's the first time I've ever seen HD brows 'in action' and I'd be interested to know if this is an accurate example - I was thoroughly underwhelmed as it really doesn't seem different to the brow restyle (tint,wax, tweeze) that I already offer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYefRDo5Itc

Last edited:
I'm with you. Thought there was going to be a lot more to it :/

I would also be interested to see what people have to say :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Me too! Is this Everything that is involved??

I think this is the point a lot of us have been making for a long time on here. Basically these are the steps most of us use when carrying out an eyebrow tint and reshape.

However I think you are paying for the name! Don't ask me why because I wouldn't do it, it's about a grand I understand to do the training. Personally I seriously begrudge paying a grand to be taught something I've already been doing for years.

Ive found that in as many months as its been out I've had probably 1 client ring to ask if we do it and only about 3 who have even heard of it so even after paying the grand for the name, it would be a tough one to sell.

Personally I can think of a lot more things I would want to spend the money on,should I have a grand to spare :D

What eyebrow pencil/powder could you use after an eyebrow wax? Could I use a bare mineral type thing? X

As far as I know yes that's all there is too it! I am not HD trained although I have seem the procedure being done and it pretty much followed the same routine. I do love the way she threads though! I thread using my teeth so this would be brilliant for me! Does anyone know how to do it? X

Good evening
I too debated doing the HD brow course but didn't have a grand spare so to speak and my local trainer is offering a Taylored brow course which consists of
Measuring
Shaping
Tinting
Waxing
Tweezing
Threading
And mineral brow make up
The course was fab and after watching the branded items on you tube there is no difference in the procedure however I always find with any treatments done it should always be unique as not 2 people have the same brows

Did I mention I paid £150 for the course and it's beauty guild accredited too ;-) xx
If any body wants further details let me know x

I do love the way she threads though! I thread using my teeth so this would be brilliant for me! Does anyone know how to do it? X

You just create like a cats cradle with the thread and then twist your hands to create the twist in the middle.
x

For me this video is something that any bt can do. Im not keen on the gimmick of spending a grand and viola i have the confidence to give you a bit of make up and maybe give you the scousebrow look at the end. (!)

I dunno how they are gonna revolutionise the upper lip, next thing i saw they are gonna do as a company was the straightening of the brow, if anybody has ever bothered to look at thuya they not only have a step by step on how to straighten brows like a perm but they also include it in thier training and dvd. Oooh brow straightening next, when its been out for years!

Im actually fed up of hearing about hd brows. There are some great waxers about, great threaders about and just because you may or may not have done this course doesnt mean your not good enough. My fustrations run out with several companies trying to reinvent the wheel. xoxo

You just create like a cats cradle with the thread and then twist your hands to create the twist in the middle.
x

How simple! Thank you xx

That's all it is! I'm HD trained and do a lot of it in the salon and it has brought a lot of people in. They can find me on the HD website.
It's all about the technique and although you can do a similar course for a fraction of price, it's not HD. It's like driving a Skoda pretending it's a VW.
Having said that I was doing a lot of threading before so I haven't necessary learnt a great deal - but I've been around for a long time!

X July

This may be a stupid question, but is there really a need to do waxing, threading and tweezing all in one treatment, surely if you wax the brow there is not going to be a lot of hair left to thread, why not just thread...? Im I being dense?

This may be a stupid question, but is there really a need to do waxing, threading and tweezing all in one treatment, surely if you wax the brow there is not going to be a lot of hair left to thread, why not just thread...? Im I being dense?

Hi!
The threading is too blend the waxing line, normally on the forehead, where some clients have darker hair . I'm not HD trained but my collegue is we are so busy with HD we normally have at least 2 in a day. HD actually have a video on YouTube which shows the more dramatic version x

lots of camera angles there which prevent you seeing the whole process. Typical of a pr video!

Now let's not bash hd too much! It's a good treatment to offer is it not!

It's just tht we have to Faulk out alot of pennies to do it!

Now let's not bash hd too much! It's a good treatment to offer is it not!

It's just tht we have to Faulk out alot of pennies to do it!

A tint and reshape is a good treatment and much less for the client and also no additional training required for the experienced therapist.

I was just shocked at the video in that HD brows really are just a basic tint and reshape - a bit of a shocker!! I thought it was something rather special!

I did a brow definition course in May, and I have to say that I'm very busy with the treatment... I've found that a lot of people are asking for HD Brows, but when I explain that my WOW! Brows is a similar treatment, they're happy enough to have it done. I definitely agree with a previous comment that you're just paying for the HD name. Here are 2 photos, the first is a basic wax and tint, and the second is WOW! Brows... What do you all think?

Honestly lol xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342287307.752888.jpglol cx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342287329.943035.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342287329.943035.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 242
It is made out to be something its not! It's a shame we can't offer the same treatment as I'm sure we are all technically trained! Eye brow wax and tint easy!

Latest posts

Back