What do you think of this HD brow video?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a brow definition course in May, and I have to say that I'm very busy with the treatment... I've found that a lot of people are asking for HD Brows, but when I explain that my WOW! Brows is a similar treatment, they're happy enough to have it done. I definitely agree with a previous comment that you're just paying for the HD name. Here are 2 photos, the first is a basic wax and tint, and the second is WOW! Brows... What do you all think?

Honestly lol xx

View attachment 17435lol cx

I prefer the first pic. It looks more naturally defined.

These eyebrows always seem to be so dark .

Now let's not bash hd too much! It's a good treatment to offer is it not!

It's just tht we have to Faulk out alot of pennies to do it!

I don't see anyone bashing HD brows, we are merely expressing our opinions. No bashing at all.

Our point is why would we want to fork out pennies for a course when we feel we already can achieve the same look and b, we are merely paying for the name?

No bashing there:D

I did a brow definition course in May, and I have to say that I'm very busy with the treatment... I've found that a lot of people are asking for HD Brows, but when I explain that my WOW! Brows is a similar treatment, they're happy enough to have it done. I definitely agree with a previous comment that you're just paying for the HD name. Here are 2 photos, the first is a basic wax and tint, and the second is WOW! Brows... What do you all think?

Honestly lol xx

I'd say the first pic is nicer - the second one, the brows look too thick, dark and no arch in them... sorryyy :(

If you arched them I think they'd look much nicer!

As for HD, it's JUST a name - nothing more, nothing less!!! :D

I knew someone who did it and bascially you are paying for the name. Apparently if you use their products theres a minimum price you can ask for. But if you apply the same method but dont use their products you're able to charge what you like.

Lol don't apologise, I wanted your honest opinions :) I completely agree... The second photo, the girl wanted the really fake TOWIE look... Each to their own I guess, but I prefer the first look xx

Honestly lol xx

I think they look great, so much thicker and very defined, i personally would not have mine so thick but if that is what the client wants i think you did a great job xx

Anyone can do a HD Brow shape, it is not a new shape.
I have seen a lot of pictures from people who are HD Brow trained, and they look nothing like HD Brows.
I have also seen pictures from people who haven't done the course and some are better than the ones who have.
It really is all down to the therapist.
Clients do actively look for salons that do HD Brows though. I get calls all the time for it as I'm on the HD Brow salon finder. They are mostly new clients as well who will hopefully go on to have other treatments at your salon.

Attachments

• hd before 1.jpg
    hd before 1.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 323
  • hd after1.jpg
    hd after1.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 308
  • hd brow before.jpg
    hd brow before.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 245
  • hd brow after.jpg
    hd brow after.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 314
Angelina, Your pics are instantly recognisable as the HD shape. I didn't think the girl in the video had quite the angular look I would expect to see from HD.

I agree it is a lot to do with branding and it could set your salon apart from others in your area.

I wonder what Nouveau think of this video as I was under the impression they protected their brand and techniques fiercely and didn't want us all to know how it's done.

I have always said to my clients that HD is just a name and you can get the same service in our salon by paying for a brow tint and shape. I just don't get these girls who walk around with the blackest of black eyebrows that take over their face!
Surely a good eyebrow technician will assess the shape of the natural, brow and the shape if the clients face, eyes etc. and then tone the eyebrow colour in with the clients hair,etc. Not just do a generic black on everyone! Sarah, I defo think the first pic is lovely. Really lovely shape and colour

Hi, I'm Laura and it is me that is giving the HD treatment in the pixiwoo video.
The reason this video came about was, nic from pixiwoo is a friend of a good friend and had heard so much about hd brows and didn't really know what is was she asked me if I would do her eyebrows for her and she could film it, and as I had recently gone freelance from my job from mac it would be a great opportunity as I was starting out. Now, Nic doesn't really have a lot in the eyebrow department but as she was so kind to help out and pixiwoo are doing so well, I'd be silly to say no?!!
So there isn't such a dramatic change in Nic's brow shape in particular, and there obviously would be a more dramatic effect in someone's brows that had much more hair.
HD is obviously a brand you can train with, not saying its better than anyone else out there, but it's there and people want to know about it..
Nouveau beauty group/hd brows also did a mention on twitter to get followers to look at video, and there are many other videos out there showing hd brows.
This video is there for anyone that's interested in beauty/brows, and supposed to be fun.
I love salon geek, so was interested to see comments left on here xx

The steps are similar to what already trained BT's carry out, however there are some interesting tools used and I would have been interested in the course even to pick up some tips. I do a lot of brows and I am pleased with what I do but I always like to see what else is out there and carry on perfecting my skills.

However on enquiry I thought it exceptionally overpriced - and I am not one to mind paying a bit extra to get quality training. The brand is stylised - very gothic presentation and the brow pictures invariably seem very dark. It may be nice to see more subtle work on older/fairer ladies. I think pitching the look more mainstream with a fairer price may have seen more interested professionals taking part.

ive had this debate with friends of mine who are therapists and young and starting out....hd is a brand name and yes you may or may not pick up some helpful tips....

personally i think once you have been doing brows a while and worked in several places and got tips from other therapists then you will learn an hd technique on the way. i think the training is way over priced for already trained beauty therapists but maybe not so for a complete beginner who would have no experience. Once you are confident in doing brows then ppl will come for YOUR brows not hd. id much prefer a therapist to tailor my brows to myself rather than as said having the very dark obvious brows that look so unnatural,

The steps are similar to what already trained BT's carry out, however there are some interesting tools used and I would have been interested in the course even to pick up some tips. I do a lot of brows and I am pleased with what I do but I always like to see what else is out there and carry on perfecting my skills.

However on enquiry I thought it exceptionally overpriced - and I am not one to mind paying a bit extra to get quality training. The brand is stylised - very gothic presentation and the brow pictures invariably seem very dark. It may be nice to see more subtle work on older/fairer ladies. I think pitching the look more mainstream with a fairer price may have seen more interested professionals taking part.

I completely agree with this! I also do a LOT of brows and enjoy doing them, I wax, tweeze and mix my tints to get the right colour for my clients and they all definitely favour the natural look.

All the HD brows I've seen are far too dark and square looking for my own personal taste and look rather fake. They wouldn't suit my average client age group of 45+. I would also like to see examples of a larger variety of shades, shapes and age groups to convince me about HD. It seems like a lot of hype to me!

I know there are a lot of HD brow trained technicians out there proclaiming that nothing can beat them but with all due respect, if I'd just coughed up £1500 or whatever to do the course then I would be saying the same
thing! :D

PB
x

Latest posts

Back