What else can I do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charb

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I currently have a beautiful salon , opened 15wks ago. I'm new to business so not sure where my takings should be at?? We offer nails, shellac, minx, waxing, facials, mani, pedi, teeth whitening, Botox , fillers, Sunbed, power plate plus all the usual salon procedures ie: tinting , etc

We are based above shops and only have a door on ground floor, no windows! I wanted it like that as I wanted a private, more secluded environment. We have Facebook, leaflets drop, advert in paper, and currently having website designed. What I need is to be letting more people know where we are. People are still saying they never knew we were there! Any ideas on how to promote ??

We had a psychic event, a body shop party and open night aswell. I just don't know what else to do. Help please :))

Could you put an A board outside with your specials etc nice and bright colours hth

Thank you Hun for the reply. I already have 2 a-Boards :/

Could you do leaflets around your shop? As in not dropping them off but going for a walk, talking to people? Xxx

I would get an awning over the door with your company name on it and a couple of topiary trees that light up. Also flags on poles advertising what you do on the outside of the building. Anything you can to let people know you are there and draw attention to the entrance. You could also make sure one of your A boards says something like pop in for a free no obligation consultation with an arrow pointing up the stairs. Some people are a bit scared to go into a place if they can't see what it looks like inside. I was in exactly the same position as you when I started my clinic. I now have the whole building so it is alot easier. Good luck.

like the idea of an awning and trees outside...

what about a couple of your staff with logo t shirts/uniform walking round your local shops with special offer leaflets and handing them out xx

Some great ideas there guys thank you so much for taking the time to answer. I do have a board on a scrolled bracket that comes out of the wall. 2x A boards, 1x 6ft banner for Ifit machine, 1x Botox banner 6ft, 1 x6ft shop sign. The trees are a wonderful idea but there is no room to put them unfortunately. As we have the door open its getting cold now, so I having 2 boards fitted to the front door with a sign at eye level just saying Open , nails, tanning & beauty, and all the logos on there ie CND, SIENNAX etc. I like the tshirt idea I will get onto that ASAP. Thanks again :)) xx

Wow sounds like you have lots of stuff already. To be fair it is still really early days in your new venture. All of my clients have come from word of mouth. I am sure that you will build up for christmas and then there will be no stopping you. X

Oh thank you hunni :) I hope so. I'm booked up for 29th dec and 2 other days are full for Xmas already. It is early days, I think I just need to enjoy it more rather than trying to do to much to soon! X

Some great ideas there guys thank you so much for taking the time to answer. I do have a board on a scrolled bracket that comes out of the wall. 2x A boards, 1x 6ft banner for Ifit machine, 1x Botox banner 6ft, 1 x6ft shop sign. The trees are a wonderful idea but there is no room to put them unfortunately. As we have the door open its getting cold now, so I having 2 boards fitted to the front door with a sign at eye level just saying Open , nails, tanning & beauty, and all the logos on there ie CND, SIENNAX etc. I like the tshirt idea I will get onto that ASAP. Thanks again :)) xx

Sounds like you're doing all the rig things. At 15 weeks in, it's still young. Takes 2 years or so to build a business and 5 to really cement your name in peoples minds enough. Keep on, you'll be just fine I bet!

At my yoga class the local Guides leader is a member. She asked me if I would go along and give a talk to the young ladies about skincare as they're all at that spotty stage. My humsbums was astonished that I agreed to it given my intolerance of small people!
Off I trundled with my SwissDermyl kit, a shed load of samples and gift certificates for £5 off any facial.
It was fab! The girls loved it, the leaders loved it, I loved the gin I had afterwards, but most of all I loved the calls I got from the girls' mums who "hadn't realised I was there”
I went back and did a nails one too!

Do you have a refer a friend scheme? Get your clients talking about you to their friends & family. If you make it a really good one in the run up to Christmas you'll entice people in.

I mean something like a voucher for £x off a treatment for every client you bring in, because now is when you will be getting Christmas bookings in, & one-off customers will be looking for Christmas bookings. I'd move quickly on that Xx

I meant to add then tie the new clients in with a rewards card for return custom Xx

Maybe something too look into living social or a groupon offer!it has worked wonders for my business lots of people in my area coming and saying 'i never knew you were here'i have been open 2years now,I agree it might not work for some people so really look into it before making a decision

Charlotte

At my yoga class the local Guides leader is a member. She asked me if I would go along and give a talk to the young ladies about skincare as they're all at that spotty stage. My humsbums was astonished that I agreed to it given my intolerance of small people!
Off I trundled with my SwissDermyl kit, a shed load of samples and gift certificates for £5 off any facial.
It was fab! The girls loved it, the leaders loved it, I loved the gin I had afterwards, but most of all I loved the calls I got from the girls' mums who "hadn't realised I was there”
I went back and did a nails one too!

That really is a great idea! I would never have thought of going to a girl guides group or similar! Glad to see it worked out for you :)

Love the awning idea & great advice from Lynn as always. Can you get one of those little notice boards that attach to the wall like restaurants have outside which have their menus inside? One of these with a poster inside would be great, not with prices on though as this will reduce your amount of contact with potential customers.

Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back