What else do any of you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireballoraiste

Reaction score
I mean work wise.
Do any of you have two jobs?

I really want to do something else but can't really put myself out there or my clients will get wind of it and I still want to do some hair and keep my lovely clients.
I think my problem is that I don't charge enough and really need to make more money.
Any interesting stories anyone would care to share?

Xxx

Have you considered raising your prices?

Or is it not really the money that's prompting you to do something else, and you just want some variety? What kind of jobs would you be looking for?

I don't have experience of working two jobs myself, so I can't tell you anything there myself. Sorry.

I have two jobs. I am a personal trainer & fitness instructor. I have done this for 13 years.

I qualified in nails & beauty 3 years ago. I have always loved the beauy industry & I love doing nails. Its a great add on to my fitness work & I can advertise both services to both sets of clients.

I am a finance supervisor in an accounts dept and work 1 day a week in Tesco! Started with nails in 2010 and went from there! Hoping to give up my Tesco job at Xmas.

As well as working full time in my own beauty salon I run a distribution business providing high end beauty products to the trade.
And I'm a pole dancer on Wednesdays when there's an R in the month.

OK, so the last bit might have been a teeny tiny fib..

I work in the accounts office of a builders merchants until I have enough clients to validate me quitting.... I cannot wait until beauty is my full time job :) x

It's funny you should post this as I'm the other way round. I work full time mobile in beauty and hair (mainly doing lashes) but find that although I have many customers and make good money I really miss the office environment so am now looking for an office job one or two days a week. It would mean a slight drop in money but I really feel like I need a change of scenery.

I work in a salon 1 day, & I am also a carer (4 hours per day 4 days a week) & i am mobile. I did use to work 4 days part time at the salon but been able to slowly drop my hours for my mobile work. If i was to get another job to add on, I would do bar work late evening start so wouldn't interfere with my self employed business :) xx

Hi

Im a mum to a boy who is 7 and also work part time as a model and background extra in tv and film! I've been in various different tv shows (Eastenders, Holby, Law & Order) and Fast 6, Skyfall etc!

It's brilliant fun doing the extra work. I started my nail and tanning business to fit in around the extra work. I've been on set on Holby City doing manicures while waiting to go on set :) xx

I'm in first line management for a care home for dementia and mental health patients , prefer the hairdressing though lol x

I work Friday and Saturday nights in bar which I have been doing for 5 years in July. It started out as extra money to get my salon up and running, but I enjoy the difference in the two jobs that I could not think of giving up. I am lucky that I have had good owners that if I need the night off for a pamper evening or if I am working late (i.e christmas week i was not finishing till i was due to start at the bar) that I can just let them
Know, and they have been fine with it.

Kirsty

I have worked for British gas for 7 years and work there 2 days a week. I have just qualified level 3 hairdressing after 3 years and work part time in a salon I do mobile also and just getting into weddings which I love! Thinking about going on to do beauty also very soon x

I work for Transport for London, in an enforcement role and deliver training to new and existing staff on all aspects of the role.

I'm a student and I work in new look lol just passed my level 2 and will be doing level 3 next year hopeful, I'm looking for a job in a salon part time if I get it I will give up new look wish me luck xx

I do hope you find a fabulous job!

Im a mom and when not doing hair Im homeschooling my girl.

Wow! What a busy lot:)
Very interesting lives, I'm tired just thinking about all that!
Xxx

I work for an international charity in communications / fundraising and writing charity appeals.

I work in an office in the week and temp as beauty therapist at the weekend with Redcurrant I get great money and only work when I want to in amazing salons and spas its GREAT!

Latest posts

Back