what else for advertising?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helenlovesnails

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently started up mobile after working in salons for a few yrs. I have done a leaflet drop, registered on yell.com, got a website, sign on my car, done a promotion and advertising at local gym.

any other ideas?
Im always looking to increase my client base!

any ideas would be fab!

Hiya,
what size is your business base, if it is not too big it could be a case of waiting a bit longer because you have done quite a lot of advertising, goodluck :)

That's a nice looking website too, maybe try getting more links into it or using Google Adwords or whatever?

I just opened my salon last week, so although it's early in the game-I can definitely share with you what has worked for me so far.....

First of all, I made hot pink leaflets and tacked them to all the bulletin boards in town.

I made a website and track EVERYONE that looks at it. That way I can tell who my potential clients are.

I've got really classy business cards and left them in the offices of everyone that I deal with....everyone. I even approach strangers and say ..."You have gorgeous nails! I'd love to have a go at them. If you are ever in the market for a manicure or pedicure give me a call." And pass them a card. It's worked everytime! I've included my website on all my stuff so that clients can lurk and get a feel for me without making the commitment of an appointment.

We have a small weekly newspaper in our town and I've booked ads in there for the next 5 weeks (a discount for 5 weeks as opposed to just 1 week).

And, since I have an actual building, I've place a storefront sign with my phone number and website address. Maybe some of those magnetic signs would work for your vehicle?

Do you know what else? I've created a Facebook group....works like a charm. I only made it last week and I've had 80 people join the group.

These are just some of MY ideas....but they've worked. I've been booked solid, and have appointments in my book for the next 8 weeks. Every client except 2 have rebooked-most have booked two week appointments for the next two months because they know I'm busy and don't want to miss their next appointment.

Good luck to you!

Let us know how you've made out.

That's a nice looking website too, maybe try getting more links into it or using Google Adwords or whatever?

I can put it on my website if you like it is getting over 150,000 unique visitors, if you think it will help.

Something I found useful is doing talks/demos for various interest groups (such as W.I., flower groups, women's social groups etc); this is a great way of approaching clients in a neutral territory & you often get clients who would otherwise be too frightened to have a treatment. I've done quite a few talking about skin-care, ageing & so forth and it's a great way of drumming up interest & displaying your professionalism & knowledge.

Doing the odd stand at charity events offering small treatments for donations to charity also tends to drum up interest. Just make sure you take business cards, leaflets & your appointment book along!

I just opened my salon last week, so although it's early in the game-I can definitely share with you what has worked for me so far.....

First of all, I made hot pink leaflets and tacked them to all the bulletin boards in town.

I made a website and track EVERYONE that looks at it. That way I can tell who my potential clients are.

I've got really classy business cards and left them in the offices of everyone that I deal with....everyone. I even approach strangers and say ..."You have gorgeous nails! I'd love to have a go at them. If you are ever in the market for a manicure or pedicure give me a call." And pass them a card. It's worked everytime! I've included my website on all my stuff so that clients can lurk and get a feel for me without making the commitment of an appointment.

We have a small weekly newspaper in our town and I've booked ads in there for the next 5 weeks (a discount for 5 weeks as opposed to just 1 week).

And, since I have an actual building, I've place a storefront sign with my phone number and website address. Maybe some of those magnetic signs would work for your vehicle?

Do you know what else? I've created a Facebook group....works like a charm. I only made it last week and I've had 80 people join the group.

These are just some of MY ideas....but they've worked. I've been booked solid, and have appointments in my book for the next 8 weeks. Every client except 2 have rebooked-most have booked two week appointments for the next two months because they know I'm busy and don't want to miss their next appointment.

Good luck to you!

Let us know how you've made out.

thanks so much for the ideas - can i just ask what have u called your facebook group?

Something I found useful is doing talks/demos for various interest groups (such as W.I., flower groups, women's social groups etc); this is a great way of approaching clients in a neutral territory & you often get clients who would otherwise be too frightened to have a treatment. I've done quite a few talking about skin-care, ageing & so forth and it's a great way of drumming up interest & displaying your professionalism & knowledge.

Doing the odd stand at charity events offering small treatments for donations to charity also tends to drum up interest. Just make sure you take business cards, leaflets & your appointment book along!

how did u find out about your local W.I groups, womens social groups etc?

many thanks!

There is normally a listing of local interest groups in local newspapers, magazines & town guides. If not the local library might be of help. Our town has its own magazine for residents & I used that as a basis to get some talks arranged. Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back