what gel brush do you use and why

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

softpeach

Reaction score
hi geeks.:) i need a new gel brush and not sure whats the best bet, i have been looking at le chat retractable gel brush, also have been told there are some gel brushes used only for sculpting and smile lines is this right and advice? :confused: many thanks geeks x

I use a pointed one by LCN for building and smiles...its fab and you can pick a nice ball of gel up with it.

I have a square end one from Creative for applying my bonder gel and sweeping smiles.

I did have a lovely brush from Bio that was so dinky and had a lovely lilac swirl going through the handle but it broke...x

thanks for the reply, my square brush is good for builder but not so good for smiles :(

i have a detailer chrome gel brush from youngs it fantastic for sweeping smiles and gel nail art
hth

I have an LCN one , short handle, quite square, I've tried quite a few but it really suits me, I even do smiles with it! There's nothing wrong with any of the others I've used, I think it's just down to how you work with it. x

I use LCN brushes because they are so cheap to replace. I use the flat brush to apply my bonder layer, the pointed brush for my builder layer, and the connex brush for tidying up smile lines. I also have a seperate pointed brush for applying glitters. I use a dotting tool to apply my paint on white. I'm not worried about them looking fancy so I get the ones with the wooden handles.

My favourite brush is the Designer Nails gel brush sold by Hyperion.
I tried a Star Nails gel brush and hated it, the bristles were too hard.
I've just bought a Millennium Nails gel brush but haven't tried it yet, the bristles feel similar to my DN one.
I use a ProNails Small Crystal brush for swiping my smiles.

you have said what i was thinking,:) need to spend my pennies and invest in a few of theses brushes :) thanks so much geeks you have all been a great help :hug:

:eek: goodness I would never have thought about using a brush like this. Perhaps I shall have to try one.

I use the Creative Crystal Touch gel oval #6

The thing with gel is you really don't use a brush as a brush - you move gel with gel; that is, the gel on the end of the brush with the gel that is on the nail, this allows you a smooth application without furrows. Your brush should never touch the nail plate. Therefore with a fine point like this it really allows you precision movement for really accurate placement of your sculpting gels as obviously the blob on the end of your brush will be very fine too.

My favourite brush is the Designer Nails gel brush sold by Hyperion.
I tried a Star Nails gel brush and hated it, the bristles were too hard.
I've just bought a Millennium Nails gel brush but haven't tried it yet, the bristles feel similar to my DN one.
I use a ProNails Small Crystal brush for swiping my smiles.

I am probably going to sound totally daft now, but I can't find the DN Gel brush in my catalogue, what is it like Sandi?

The thing with gel is you really don't use a brush as a brush - you move gel with gel; that is, the gel on the end of the brush with the gel that is on the nail, this allows you a smooth application without furrows. Your brush should never touch the nail plate. Therefore with a fine point like this it really allows you precision movement for really accurate placement of your sculpting gels as obviously the blob on the end of your brush will be very fine too.

All makes sense to me. Something else to add to my long list of wants!

I am probably going to sound totally daft now, but I can't find the DN Gel brush in my catalogue, what is it like Sandi?
I've had a look in the catalogue and can't see it... it's on the website though...

Item number 60517 Pro Gel Brush

hth's

I use the Pronails medium gel crystal brush for base, build and gloss, and the small crystal gel brush for french, and also the nail art brush 01 for a lot of the nail art using coloured gels. They go on forever and dont shed their hairs.

some people even use a cocktail stick to do there builder layer...

I use the cesars secrets brush with the silver cap it makes it sooooooooooo easy to do the smile lines and picking balls up

I find that the olive falls off:)

theres always one....:lol: and i am so glad its you.... :hug: everyone knows you use the oil from the olives at the end of the service....!!!!:lol:

i use IBD gel brushes but the best thing for smile lines is the rubber tip from Creative... its great... one sweep and you have the perfect line....

Latest posts

Back