what gel topcoat to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkshell_nails

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have been using ibd intense seal gel topcoat which both myself and my clients absolutely love. It gives a mirror shine and i just love the way it looks. I was wondering if any of you guys could recommend a creative super duper shiney gel topcoat to use?

Thanks. x

Well theer is only one Creative Gel top coat and it is called Top Coat Finishing Gloss.

But if you Love what you are using so much then why change?

I knew i'd be asked why do i want to change!

Well its not that theres anything wrong with what im using, but its the only thing from the ibd range that i use. I use everything else creative and wanted to find a gel topcoat by creative that would do just a good a job.

Thanks though, i will invest in some of the topcoat you suggested.

geeg said:
Well theer is only one Creative Gel top coat and it is called Top Coat Finishing Gloss.
can this be used over L&P and/or airbrushed nail art?

Hi Diane,

Im not sure about the topcoat suggested by geeg, but the ibd one that i use can be used over l+p, you just dont buff the oil into the nails, you just massage it in after the gel has cured. I also use the gel to give a longer last and shinier look over polish, and you can put gems into it when its wet and they stay forever! I also put it over nail art and when i ve applied pressed flowers i put a coat to seal and protect the flower. But im not sure about the topcoat from creative, i'll let you know when i get some and try it out!

The brisa finishing gloss can be used over L&P you just apply after you have used your100/180 file and before applying oil so no need to buff and it stays looking shiny till fill time not sure about over nail art allthough I think if the nail art has been left to dry completely.

Hi Jaqui,

Do you have to have a brisa lamp to cure the brisa gel though? Or can i use my 36watt lamp?

I use the Protech gloss and its lovely. You can use it over l&p but you just need to put a coat of Evergloss on the extension first, then apply the gel gloss and cure for 2 minutes.

I love it cos if you take off your polish you still have extremely gloss nails underneath.

Latest posts

Back