What Gelish colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love Elegant Wish and it's got really popular lately but most people want French the last few weeks.

I love this colour & so do my clients.x

Yes I love it too :) first time I used it tonight :)
Although I did notice it shrink back a bit on every nail before I had even popped it under the lamp? Is this the norm with this colour? I can't see that I would have missed the free edge with my foundation on every single finger, as I always ensure I cap it :-/ xxx

This blend turned out well I think, just tones down the brightness of Tiger Blossum. Although its Sheek white not sheer white, will have to sort out the typo lol.

I read somewhere in this thread that Tiger Blossum and Gossip girl make a lovely coral, the result, I think its lovely.

Artistic nails.... I love the gossip girl one!!! That's my next nails decided :) xx

Yes I love it too :) first time I used it tonight :)
Although I did notice it shrink back a bit on every nail before I had even popped it under the lamp? Is this the norm with this colour? I can't see that I would have missed the free edge with my foundation on every single finger, as I always ensure I cap it :-/ xxx

Hun I find this happens with colours that are slightly darker, especially Black Shadow, Jet Set & Diva. Don't do anything different when using these colours do I'm unsure as to why this happens xx

This blend turned out well I think, just tones down the brightness of Tiger Blossum. Although its Sheek white not sheer white, will have to sort out the typo lol.

Is this achieved by layering? I love it x

not layering, I mixed the colours 50/50, I find about 6 drops of each is enough to do a set. Although you would probably achieve almost the same colour with layering I should think.

So I got 4 new ones today..

Stand Out
Starburst
Sweet Chocolate
Reserve

Reserve I got for my more mature clients, has anyone done any layering with it to funk it up a bit?

Hun I find this happens with colours that are slightly darker, especially Black Shadow, Jet Set & Diva. Don't do anything different when using these colours do I'm unsure as to why this happens xx

It's so frustrating isn't it ? I ended up flash curing after 2 nails to stop shrinking :( x

It's so frustrating isn't it ? I ended up flash curing after 2 nails to stop shrinking :( x

I just usually go back over with my brush before putting in the lamp. Very frustrating indeed x

I just usually go back over with my brush before putting in the lamp. Very frustrating indeed x

I do this too. It's generally the darker colours I seem to have the shrinking with and I know I dry brush, cap the ends etc. Now I just quickly swipe the colour over the end before throwing the hand in the lamp, usually works out just fine by the time the second coat is all done and dusted.

Finally got round to organising and labelling my colours, thanks to a quiet day!

not layering, I mixed the colours 50/50, I find about 6 drops of each is enough to do a set. Although you would probably achieve almost the same colour with layering I should think.
Really nice colours I tried mixing in a dapen dish. Can I ask what you use? Many thanks x

I mix in a glass dampen dish too, and for the brush I use an old OPI polish bottle filled with gel brush cleaner.

I mix in a glass dampen dish too, and for the brush I use an old OPI polish bottle filled with gel brush cleaner.

How did you clean the bottle out? Going to have to give this a try x

So I got 4 new ones today..

Stand Out
Starburst
Sweet Chocolate
Reserve

Reserve I got for my more mature clients, has anyone done any layering with it to funk it up a bit?
Sweet Chocolate under Stand Out is lovely.

Reserve mixed with a bit of Gossip Girl is too.

I think I am addicted to creating my own colours now.:)

Latest posts

Back