What has SalonGeek taught you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every usefull thing I know about being a nail tech to date... Ya thats about it no biggie:lol:

I am sitting my masters exam on the 7/12/10 and without salon geek I do not think within 18 months I would be sitting here now, it has encoureged me and inspired me to be like some well known geeks on this site. Oh aswell as CND and s2 being such great support.... Xxx

Salongeek is so important to me because I work alone, I have no one superior to me to ask questions to, and with out salon geek I would be out on my own in the world of self employment on my own! I realy cant list everything I have learnt, its also the constant review of products people give. And if someone has a problem on a post even if I have not yet come across this problem myself, in the future if I do its fine becuse I have already had it solved for me bye all the salon geek techs, before it even happened! Also this advice is free and available 24 hours a day, I have searched for things on here at two in the morning and found my answer on here ready for the next day! I try and always give a reply to posts that I think I can help with and I love doing that becuse it gives a little bit back. xxxxx

Oh Gosh this is hard.
Salongeek has taught me so much. Knowledge, perseverance (sp), ambition, amongst a few, lol. Also 'how do i...' lol.
I also relise i'm not alone in some of the problems i have. A basic search and i find the answer. If not i ask, and someone is always willing to give their time and knowledge in helping me.
xx

I also work alone and with out salon geek I wouldn't be where I am today. I have learned not to give up as there are lovely people here that can help, and that salon geek is addictive :hug:

Annie xx

God I could'nt possibly list everything I'd be here till xmas! lol but in short a vast amount of knowledge about products, techniques, business and all the lovely geeks spur me on to reach my goal, I think I owe my business to SG If I had'nt had it I'd probably have thrown in the towel long ago! thanks to Izzy doll for introducing me to the site just over 4 yrs ago :) xx

Practise, practise, practise and that you never stop learning! Also, that there are always people happy to help you because everyone has to start somewhere.
I also love the fact that you can search for topics and find out you're not the only one that wanted to ask that silly question :o

Mx

Salon Geek has taught me that however isolated you might feel, there's someone else out there to talk to, bounce ideas off, ask for help, ask for inspiration.

SG taught me that what ever random question/problem I have - somebody else has been there too at some point.

It's also really helped me learn about products/treatments that I may not have otherwise.

Finally, my boyfriend likes it because the more time I'm on SG, the less time I spend rambling on to him about beauty related things that he has no interest in! x

Almost everything I know about nails, I learned right here. I certainly wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for salon geek! Massive thanks to every geek who has helped me along the way!!

Oh - and it's taught me to value my skills. Particularly when starting out it too easy to under charge. I think I still do in some areas, but Geeks' comments have helped me get better lol x

Latest posts

Back