What is express Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ancient magik

Reaction score
Ok so I've been trained in shellac and been with two other peeps for shellac training and never heard of this but yet I have beauticians claim to do it on Facebook for people huh! Some please explain

Ok so I've been trained in shellac and been with two other peeps for shellac training and never heard of this but yet I have beauticians claim to do it on Facebook for people huh! Some please explain

I think is this one Shellac Solid Color Application and Removal - YouTube
they don't shape the free edge and do a dry manicure.It's supposed to take 30min.
There is no way I can do a proper manicure with Shellac in 30 min,there might be people out there that can do it.I'm not competing for the Guinness Book

Where I worked the called it express shellac cos u did it in half hour!!!

So that's my understanding of it all.
Yes I did say half hour

I've heard that an express Shellac is literally just painting it on... No cuticle work, no filing etc.

I don't think it's "express" though, just lazy!

A Shellac service only takes 30-45 minutes anyway depending on the client... I don't see why anyone would leave bits out of the treatment!

Xx

I couldn't do shellac in 30 mins...
If they do not do cuticle work or file they are not following cnd procedure and I would be surprised if it lasted 14 days!

Was going to say we do shellac- cuticle file and the application an we get half a hour to do it! So it can be done!! X x

We do 30 minute Shellac appointments as well for first timers, but all subsequent appointments which include the removal are scheduled 45 minutes.
I do not think it is an un-realistic time frame for a first appointment. We do all CND protocols and don't slack on anything. :)

Those that are in the chair all day with a steady stream of clients, learn to do a good job in a rapid time frame.

We do not call it Express Shellac ... it is just a normal Shellac Treatment as it can and should be.

My understanding of express shellac is literally just the shellac application. No cuticle work and no filing of the nail.

xxx

I do lots of shellac & it takes me 30 mins if just applying a colour, that includes all cuticle work & shaping. If I'm doing nail art or glitter etc I allow longer. For removal & re-application of colour I allow 45mins.

I use all CND products & do not miss anything out of the service.

If express shellac is solely shellac application then surely it's not a professional shellac treatment. I was under the impression that that the nail PEP was enforced so that the client got the best and most professional shellac treatment. Shaping the nails and tidying the cuticle is to make the nails look neat & tidy as well as making sure the shellac has suffice by area to adhere to the nail plate (after scrub fresh).

Is this just me...?

I completely agree with Geeg; 30 minutes for a shellac isn't some unattainable goal, it's perfectly possible when you're working with clients every day to get your timings down - just think how long it took for your first set of L&P compared to what it does now.

As far as I understand it, express shellac isn't so called just because they do it quicker than some people can, but because they miss out the file and PEP so clients get a half service. Lazy mares.

When we did the olympics we had 30 minute appointment slots and we were doing the full shellac treatment file, cuitcle work and polishing, some even with rockstar and minx accent nails. I even did a full shellac in 20 minutes so it can be done properly, look perfect and have time to spare.
Jen xx

just out of interest if you were doing rockstar or glitter fade how long would it take you??

its been taking me one and a quarter hours for soak off and re shellac with glitter fade and was curious how long it took others?

thanks

just out of interest if you were doing rockstar or glitter fade how long would it take you??

its been taking me one and a quarter hours for soak off and re shellac with glitter fade and was curious how long it took others?

thanks

with a soak off it would take me an hour or just under. :)

I'm not saying time wise it's impossible in saying what is the difference between shellac and express shellac as a local person is doing it and if it's missing pep then surely it's being done incorrectly!

I've never heard of the term used around here but... It is deemed the opposite to a "Shellac Manicure" and perhaps the manicure is the full version with hand and arm massage etc and the express version is, cuticle work, file and Shellac procedure?

Just guessing :) x

I offer shellac basic and shellac mani basic being literally file and polish as such but do cuticle work to nail plate shellac mani is exactly that full manicure with shellac most of my clients opt for basic as hey all religiously use solar oil and come very two weeks on the dot so their nails and cuticles are in good condition plus it's a good selling point of solar oil to them knowing they don't need t fork out for a manicure each time.

I take 30 mins 45 to include soak off 1 hour for main and shellac.

Timing is possible the more u do today I had shellac back to back from 9am to 5.30 no breaks but managed to slip in a 15 min break some clients can do bit quicker luckily had one that had soaked off at home using shellac tube remover! X

If it doesn't include shaping or cuticles it should be called 'Half a Shellac' as opposed to an 'Express Shellac' :rolleyes:

We do shellac in 30 minutes? & it can be done in 20 if using to lamps? We always book 30 mins out & do the correct treatment? Time is money in this industry but cutting corners loses you clients so it's all about getting timings & procedure to the best you can x

Ooops using 2 lamps!

Latest posts

Back