What is this product?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily Case

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

A client of mine has asked me to do these nails which is fine, very simple, but I can't for the life of me work out what that textured stuff is on the ring finger! It's not sparkly like glitter... Any ideas?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376046174.111899.jpg

Xxx

I would have said glitter lol
Is it that velvet stuff maybe?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would have said glitter lol
Is it that velvet stuff maybe?

It's definitely not flocking powder... But it's more textured than glitter and kind of a pearly effect than sparkly?

Xxx

They're glass beads NSI sell them :)

Ask her were she got the pic and try and contact the person. It could be something they have bought in a craft store x

They're glass beads NSI sell them :)

Like the Ciaté beads? I thought this looked smaller than those...

Ask her were she got the pic and try and contact the person. It could be something they have bought in a craft store x

She found it on Pinterest months ago Hun I doubt she would find them again!

Xxx

Is it not one of those textured glitter polishes like OPI Liquid Sand? Zoya make a few as well, thought I can't recall what they call their's. I am struggling to get into this trend.

Anyhoo, if I'm right, it is a type of polish and there's no way of recreating the exact finish sadly. It wont look quite the same, but how about doing a rockstar accent, but buffing the topcoat matte after? Or if you're using lacquer, using a matte top coat.

It looks like bond girl sand polish by opi . I have a Red one they are lovely x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek
It's called solitaire x

Attachments

• 51E19j3q61L.jpg
    51E19j3q61L.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 346
Darn, she wants it in Shellac :/

I suppose I could use Martha Stewart white glitter, it's not holo so kind of looks like white sand under topcoat!

Thanks so much for your help everyone :hug:

Xxx

Attachments

• 51wQquO+vUL._SY355_.jpg
    51wQquO+vUL._SY355_.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 248
They could also be crushed shells. I have some but can't remember where I got them. As long as you can approximately reproduce the look then I'm sure the client will be happy.

Look like white caviar beads to me but where they have been topcoated they look a bit more compacted if you get me xx

They could also be crushed shells. I have some but can't remember where I got them. As long as you can approximately reproduce the look then I'm sure the client will be happy.

I'm new to this, but I was gonna say crushed shells... That's what it looks like to me. :)

They definitely look like glass beads to me, I bought them by accident a few years ago thinking they were those metal balls , they were super fine tiny tiny glass beads that came in silver or gold

Look like white caviar beads to me but where they have been topcoated they look a bit more compacted if you get me xx

If you top coated caviar beads totally it would make this sort of look- as I have accidentally found out lol. Was also going to say crushed shells- all be it v fine ones. Might be worth smashing a few up a bit more and having a play!

This is finer than crushed shells so can be appliedin a thinner layer....
Luxury Opal Jewelry (Packet) at Affiniti

Although if you got crushed shells then you could always crush them a little bit more with a pestle and mortar ;)

There is no way that is Caviar it would be a lot thicker unless I did mine wrong lol

They are clear glass beads, they haven't been topcoat end either if you blow the picture up you can see the detail better. They may have been mixed with some white glitter too.

You've all been really helpful :) I've decided to go with crushed shells but as izzidoll suggested I will crush them up even more so I can apply them thinly! Thanks geeks, you're fab for giving me so many great suggestions.

Xxx

Latest posts

Back