What is your last working day before Christmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Nails

Reaction score
Well it's all in the title :) & I really don't know what to do as I'm getting Christmas bookings.

Should I keep my book open or say no this is my cut off date and that's it?

I have toyed around with having the last day mobile Saturday 22nd and if I get any desperate clients then they will have to come to me.
Torn between having family time but not loosing bookings.

What is your last day?

Thanks
Vicki x

I always have a cut off otherwise you just won't stop, my last day is Saturday 22nd, I don't usually do Saturdays but seeing as il be off for over 2 weeks as going on holiday on boxing day I thought I should :) xx

Sunday 23rd this year x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

my last day will be saturday 22nd and then will open on new years eve and then close again until about 5th jan, that way i get family time as well as work time!!

I finish on the 22nd too. I've decided to work both Thursdays (27th & 3rd) as my parents want my children both those days and then i'll start again on the 5th.

I'm working up until the 23rd and fully booked that week already so being able to do the extra day on the Sunday is fab :)

I'll be off Sunday and im going to do a couple of hours on Monday xmas eve although I don't normally work Mondays ,i will work Thursday Friday Saturday and Monday before new year but if one asks for these day im not going to offer them I have one in on the Thursday so far :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Christmas Eve :(

This year, I will close lunchtime on Saturday 22nd.

Probably open on the 27th til the 29th for my regulars and then close til probably the 2nd January. I won't be in much on those days either.

I used to work right up to 6pm on Christmas Eve.
Not any more though :)

Christmas Eve to about 3.00 will also be working the Sunday.

Christmas Eve, but I shall finish earlier than usual. I don't mind working Christmas Eve at all as its the best day to soak up the Christmas atmosphere :)

Christmas Eve till 4pm also open on the Sunday ,It is a salon and we nearly booked up.

I usually work up until christmas eve when it falls on a working day but this year instead I'll work on the 23rd all day so I can spend Christmas eve getting festive with my two little boys instead.
I decided it'll be worth more then any money I'd get for working to enjoy the day while they still believe in the magic :)

Thanks for all your replies :D

I think for mobile im going to do until 22nd and try for just the morning ;)

However I will do the 23rd as well but only for customers coming to my nail room. Im thinking parking will be a pig with visitors coming and what not. Ive got a big drive so no problems there.

As for starting back up, 28th is looking ok. I dont get many weekend bookings though, does anyone else? I suppose the way the holidays are falling people will want the weekend.

Cant believe im thinking of Christmas already.
Vicki x

I usually work up until christmas eve when it falls on a working day but this year instead I'll work on the 23rd all day so I can spend Christmas eve getting festive with my two little boys instead.
I decided it'll be worth more then any money I'd get for working to enjoy the day while they still believe in the magic :)

Thats what i do. We go to see santa as mine are 1 & 3x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Last day is 2pm on Xmas eve back in for New Years even then 2 weeks off x

Till around 4 on Xmas eve and opening Sunday aswell. Will re open New Year's Eve, had loads asking for Boxing Day though so debating doing 12-4 or something :/

Till around 4 on Xmas eve and opening Sunday aswell. Will re open New Year's Eve, had loads asking for Boxing Day though so debating doing 12-4 or something :/

Noooo it's Boxing Day sales! ;)

Latest posts

Back