What is your most used/popular colour tan percent?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzy nails

Reaction score
As title says really, which percent do you guys mostly use? I'm back into tanning now after a couple years break and am still using 8 and 10%. Not sure if where I live people would want to be really dark however I don't know what other salons round here use. When I ask customers they never know what percent they have had in past.

10 gold la tan. Where are you? I'm Norfolk. They don't want to be dark ere ;)

Nouvatan 20%
A lovely natural looking tan
Sarah x

Sienna x 6% and fresh indulgence 7 and 9%, I don't do any darker than them

Fresh indulgence 9.5 is my most popular! I wouldn't use any higher that their 11.5. 18-20% is a big no for me! I don't care if its nouvatan, sienna or la! I just won't put my name to something that many many times will look ridiculous!

Fresh indulgence 9.5 is my most popular! I wouldn't use any higher that their 11.5. 18-20% is a big no for me! I don't care if its nouvatan, sienna or la! I just won't put my name to something that many many times will look ridiculous!

I too don't even have any higher than that as I think they look awful, I have never ever seen a natural 20% tan

Shocked at the amount of 20's mentioned on this site. Surely that's body builder, shoe shiner, road tar?
:o

Shocked at the amount of 20's mentioned on this site. Surely that's body builder, shoe shiner, road tar?
:o

Lol yeah.its blooming mad. I can't believe people like it. I don't get asked for it. I did once... I sent them on their way :)

In the past 8 years of spray tanning I have only ever been asked for a light natural tan

I get through more 10 and 12% recently but there was a time last year I was used lots of 14% also use a good bit of 8% I like to offer everything :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

Forgot to say.... 20% is used as a rapid tan so washed off after 2-4 hours

I assume its not as dark as other brands that are 20% hence even when slept in it isn't ridiculous.
X

Forgot to say.... 20% is used as a rapid tan so washed off after 2-4 hours

I assume its not as dark as other brands that are 20% hence even when slept in it isn't ridiculous.
X

Ah ha yes I find the rapid tans are the most natural, although I did have a client sleep in hers once against my instructions and she looked ridiculous :irked:

LA tan 14% is my most popular, when I was home-based 10% was my most popular, but since opening the salon it's changed xx

Great to see all the replies. Thank you. It interesting to see what people use but its so varied. I'm in Herts and no one here has ever asked for dark. Think I will stick to my 8 and 10%.

8 & 10% 8 hour tans

12% rapid tan - most people leaving on for 2 hours.

Latest posts

Back