What is your preferred adhesive/glue for tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stonebear

Reaction score
What glue do people find best to use for sticking on tips? I use gel and always cure a thin layer on clear gel to the natural nail before glueing on a tip to protect the natural nail from the glue. I have always used a standard glue they sell at my version or Sally's, Bondlink but wonder if anyone has found another professional glue better?

Thanks x

What glue do people find best to use for sticking on tips? I use gel and always cure a thin layer on clear gel to the natural nail before glueing on a tip to protect the natural nail from the glue. I have always used a standard glue they sell at my version or Sally's, Bondlink but wonder if anyone has found another professional glue better?

Thanks x

I wouldnt apply the gel before i glue on the tip. You are then trying to attach a tip onto tacky gel?

gelbond by CND is a very well loved by the geeks on here but i prefer a brush on adhesive so use NSI's Polybond.

Nsi glue all the way wouldn't use any other xx

Actually .. On my theme of learning something new every day .......

We do not use GLUE in the nail industry ... We use adhesive! Glue is made from animal by products ... Nail Adhesive is not. Professionals use adhesive not glue. :hug:

Gel Bond fron CND is an amazing adhesive which lasts and lasts and you rarely see any 'curling' ... I believe S2 also now sell a brush on adhesive which is new. X

Cnd works best for me every other I've tried failed and tips have come away. Some before I've finished working on the nail :0 cnd all the way!!

I use the NSI balance gel system but I dont like the NSI adhesive.. I picked up the adhesive that the edge made ( even tho I don't like their products for gel nails) I found that it was very good :) the tip Is on in a matter of seconds and wont budge.. So I use that one! However i still stick to the balance products from NSI :) xxx

I use IBD 5 second glue, I've tried a lot of glues and find this the best. Sets very quick and good applicator. It's also gel so you can get it where you want it.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I like NSI Polybond Adhesive :)

I originally used NSI Polybond which I agree is good. But then I changed to CND Gelbond and have to say I am very impressed. When you paint on the NSI Polybond you need to get your tip attached to the natural nail fairly quickly before the adhesive dries and sets. With CND Gelbond it doesn't set until you press it to the contact surface (if you know what I mean). Occasionally with the NSI Polybond there would be a wee tiny gap between the natural nail and the tip but if you use CND Gelbond you never get that ever as it is a gel rather than a liquid.

I used nsi polybond but both bottles leaked and the bottle lid stuck so couldn't open. Ellisons were out of gel bond so I had to use a glue by star nails. I thought it would be rubbish but it is really good, so use that from now on.

Thanks x

Can I ask why you feel the need to 'protect' the nail from the adhesive?

If you are using professional products which have been designed to be used directly on the nail then you have nothing to protect if from?!

I was using The Edge before I moved over to CND. That was really good. Many a time I stuck my fingers to the clients Extensions, while trying to apply them. Strong stuff :o

I use the brush on adhesive from ProImpressions (the company I use for my tips). I find it easy to control where the adhesive is going when I use a brush on adhesive.

But as you can see. We all have our favourite and for different reasons. Why don't you try out a few and see yourself? Or as the saying goes "if it ain't broke then don't fix it!". If you are getting the desired results from the product you use then why change?
Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Can I ask why you feel the need to 'protect' the nail from the adhesive?

If you are using professional products which have been designed to be used directly on the nail then you have nothing to protect if from?!

When doing my training I was taught to use a layer on clear gel first - to be honest I never have questioned it?! For those who asked, I would wipe of the tacky layer of gel before applying the tip.
Maybe I shouldn't be questioning my choice of glue/adhesive but not use a layer of gel first...so with that thought I have jst done the nails of one of my own hands with no layer of gel under the tip and the other with a layer of gel...so we shall see if any last better than the other.

Thank you all for the adhesive suggestions - I am shortly going to try scrubfresh so will order some CND adhesive at the same time and it does seem to be popular.

Thanks Geeks xx

I use the brush on adhesive from ProImpressions (the company I use for my tips). I find it easy to control where the adhesive is going when I use a brush on adhesive.

But as you can see. We all have our favourite and for different reasons. Why don't you try out a few and see yourself? Or as the saying goes "if it ain't broke then don't fix it!". If you are getting the desired results from the product you use then why change?
Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

I also use the ProImpressions brush on adhesive

I prefer a liquid adhesive, and currently I use Star nails. I wouldnt dream of using any of their other products but I find the adhesive really good.

I used to use CND liquid adhesive (cant remember the name but it was in a little gold tube with a really long thin nozzle), but they had stock problems with it at one point (years ago) and they never had any in stock. I just bought a bog standard adhesive from Adel's to tide me over during that period and I found it to be really good so I have stuck to it ever since. My only gripe with it is that the applicator nozzle isnt as precise as the one on the CND adhesive used to be, but its not so much of a problem that it causes a problem.

I havent used gel bond for quite a while as I prefer a quicker setting adhesive, but am considering getting some more for the free edge row of crystals for a crystal pedi. :hug:

CND Gelbond for me.

Our goal with Enhancement services is quick, easy and beautiful Rebalance after Rebalance after Rebalance after Rebalance..... right?
Gelbond is so long lasting, waterproof and non-yellowing it helps to make this the reality - nothing for the client to pick at under their extension edge.
It's gap-filling too. So great on clients with ridges and imperfect nails, adhering a perfectly smooth tip onto an imperfect nail surface needs an adhesive that fills gaps and I've never found a 'liquidly' brush on adhesive that achieves this effectively. Fine if the natural nail is smooth though, but Gelbond is great for everyone.

Latest posts

Back