What is your skincare routine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snap!! Im a Dermalogica stockist so you can imagine what my bathroom cabinets are like!

Morning.
Special cleansing gel
Antioxidant hydomist
Daily microfoliant or multi vit thermafoliant
Skin smoothing cream

Night.
Special cleansing gel
Antioxidant hydromist
Overnight repair serum

With the occational drop of.
Sebum clearing mask
Clearing mattifier
Skin hydration mask
Barrier repair
Gentle cream exfoliant
Ultra calming serum concentrate
Dynamic skin recover spf30
And there after sun!!

Soo not much really!!

Cat have you tried using daily microfoliant on a moring? It has a brightening effect so it recommended to use on a morning!

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Im a bit lazy in the morning i must get into the routine of using it in the morning lol

I'm having a nightmare with skin at the moment, I'm oily but sensitive!
In last few yrs tried murad, Clinique and dermaligica to name a few! I was recently using dermaligica clay cleanser and active moist but due to hormones going crazy and spots popping up everyday I've panicked and changed to the sk:n range which I've just started so fingers crossed, I'm very strict about washing my skin
Having my own face towel (no one can touch) don't let anything touch my skin, hmmm I'm def obsessed! 😱x x

Me too. Tried so many other brands but keep comong back to Liz Earle. It is the only range that works on my skin. I love it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I love the soothing tonic , it makes my skin feel really fresh , the only other brand that feels as natural and equals liz Earle is an Aussie brand called perfect potion , sooo nice and great for sensitive skin x

RN786..
Wow this maybe why I'm still looking for products that work well enough for me! That's why I've popped over from nails..

May I ask advice? I'm 37 but had hysterectomy when I was 29, I'm on HRT my skin is extremely dry and prone to redness and is getting more sensitive.. I have tried many over the counter products cheap and expensive ! It would be nice to try something that would improve it..
I need a new regime as I haven't got much of one now, as I'm fed up of wasting money

Thanks in advance for any advice x

Hi Only Me,
Apologies for the delayed response, sounds like your lipid layer (basically the protection for your skin which keeps moisture in and bacteria out) needs to normalise, most likely due to hormonal imbalance (I had very dry skin due to under active thyroid and PCOS hormones all over the place lol!!)
Priori barrier repair cream is great for this, just google Priori skincare and you should be able to find a stockist in your area :)
Kindest regards RN786

i have a clarins day and evening routine and i swear by beauty flash balm xx

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

What a great thread but it's making me want to head to the shops and try all these other products lol.
My routine is as follows
Morning: Korres White tea cleanser, usually a toner but have run out and Cetaphil moisturiser.
Evening: Again Korres white tea cleanser an Cetaphil moisturiser and then once or twice a week I use a Korres exfoliate.
I love my Korres products so much I've been using them since I was 17 and I keep going back to them. I came across Cetaphil last summer and for me the moisturiser is amazing! I've tried so many moisturisers, high end and low end, and nothing beats this just annoyed that Boots is selling it at double the price I bought it for in Asda grrr.

i have a clarins day and evening routine and i swear by beauty flash balm xx

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek[/QUOT

AshaNicole, can I ask you about beauty flash balm? I love clarins and recently purchased BFB. I have used as a.mask and it was nice and also under makeup but not sure if I used enough as I really can't see any difference. Any advise or suggestions? Thanks :)

Morning: I use Bioderma Crealine followed by Melvita rose water toner then Avene skin recovery cream.

Evening: I use Bioderma again for an initial cleanse. Then I use Avene 'extremely gentle cleanser' followed by the toner and moisturiser again.

I do use the clarisonic occasionally.

I am thinking of trying the Embryolisse moisturiser though. I have intollerant skin and these are the only things that don't irritate me :(.

Does anyone recommend using retinoids? And where to buy them from?

I've always used Claris and olay products, but now I'm wondering if they are just a waste of money?

Dies anyone have any recommendations?

One skincare geek on here told me about a cheap mask from asda. It's a white chocolate one??? Oh my gosh I used it last night & after my skin felt amazing!!! Smelt gorgeous too!!
Just thought id share!
Not usually one for purchasing products from supermarkets but while I were doing the big shop yesterday I thought why not!
It felt lush. Try it!

I use..... Wipes! I'm going to run and hide now!!!!!

I use..... Wipes! I'm going to run and hide now!!!!!

Haha...me too sometimes! I pretty much use what's kicking about round the house. But this is only because I've not been advised on what I should use and have no idea where to begin

Haha...me too sometimes! I pretty much use what's kicking about round the house. But this is only because I've not been advised on what I should use and have no idea where to begin

Your lucky! If I used wipes I'd wake up the next day with a breakout. Some good suggestions on here for you mind, if you ever want a change ;) xx

Im quite happy with my wipes! They are quick and easy! Lol!!! I'm contemplating getting my 9 yr old daughter a skin care regime tho. As she gets the odd spot. Any suggestions?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

So do i boots cucumber ones simple eye make up remover one boots protect and perfect day and night cream . Its brilliant x

A really good alternative to wipes is Clarins One Step cleanser. Simply add to a cotton pad & wipe all over the skin, ready for moisturiser. They offer Peach water for a normal to dry skin & Mint water for a combination to oily skin. I personally like quick & easy & these cleansing waters are perfect! Really good for holidays or weekends away.
Give them a try, you can always go to a Clarins counter & request a free sample uou'll be really impressed :/)

I don't have one! I usd to spend a fortune or dermalogica, Claris, etc mainly dermalogica though and I was covered in spots!! And skin was sore, 4 months after using nothing but water....I've got amazing skin!! :)

Im quite happy with my wipes! They are quick and easy! Lol!!! I'm contemplating getting my 9 yr old daughter a skin care regime tho. As she gets the odd spot. Any suggestions?

Well I buy my daughter the clean and clear range or dermaligica do a teen range x

Well I buy my daughter the clean and clear range or dermaligica do a teen range x

I use the clean and clear products and actually really like them (I would like to find something that's a better brand for my skin though that helps with spots also) and aging! X

Jojo it was me that said about the mask! Its lush!

Latest posts

Back