What made you smile today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonda

Reaction score
I'm a member on a few forums, most of them motorbike 1's, & there are 2 threads which people post things about their days which made them smile or what irked them today.

I thought since most people come on forums for info or to rant about something, a positive thread where you can share your good news or what made you smile would be a good way to share the love kinda thing.

So i'll go first:

What made me smile today was doing Gelish on a lady who suffers from psoriasis of the nail, she was very happy with the result & said she'll be back.
Also i found out that i have a date for my MRI scan & brain surgeon appointment for Tuesday next week !!

So come on .... what made you smile today ??

Helloo Wonda, I started a similar thread called What Made Your Day ( I think ) I don't mean this in a nitpicky way! Maybe we can have a merge! :D mine was my boyfriend coming by to see me as he can't stay tonight, we had a lovely cuddle, oh how I love him *sick bucket* :p x

Hope your appointment goes well! Also sounds like you are doing a great job with nails...well done!

Last edited:
The Sunshine
My two ponies playing together (one is very old with bad legs :()
My Dad enjoying a cake I made for him
My neighbour adopting a kitten which had been abandoned
A wonderful compliment from someone for whom I have great respect. (still smiling)

Oh and not forgetting....The Alpaca with great big wonky teeth at the bottom of our road, he made me laugh so much :lol:

Hope all goes well for you on Tuesday :hug:

My work family made me smile today, as they always do (in my other job) with our totally inappropriate banter behind closed doors. It made me more than smile, it made me laugh out loud. I love them. :hug:

My other half made me smile when he offered to go and get dinner and then cooked it this evening. :Love:

It didn't happen today, but it was last Saturday. However it made me smile again when I saw the lady today :)

Last week I was told by a customer (in my supermarket job) I would make a fantastic nail technician as every week when she comes in she asks to see my nails and what I've done this week.

Also treating my broke friend to a £2 scratch card and she won £2. :) although she got the money back SHE personally was £2 better off! :)

Happy Saturday geeks!

Helloo Wonda, I started a similar thread called What Made Your Day ( I think ) I don't mean this in a nitpicky way! Maybe we can have a merge! :D mine was my boyfriend coming by to see me as he can't stay tonight, we had a lovely cuddle, oh how I love him *sick bucket* :p x

Hope your appointment goes well! Also sounds like you are doing a great job with nails...well done!

Oh !! Dont worry, to be honest i did have a quick look but couldn't find anything.
I dont know how to merge posts, or which moderators/admin that might be able to do it for me/us.

Thanks both of you for your wishes, i'll be happy with good news but am preparing myself for bad just in case.

I bought my daughter her wedding dress today....she looks stunning in it. She gets married next January. I am so happy for her :) x

Ooh another thing, treating my skin to a hardcore exfoliate, tone & oil massage...sat in bed massaging away right now...mm!

Mine was seeing my 5 yr old son write his name!! after having no interest in books or writing until he got glasses just before Xmas the difference in him is amazing!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

We had a new client today. She came in to get her daughter's hair cut. Her daughter was about 5 and her brother about 6.
When her hair was finished she turned to her brother and asked what he thought.
He replied 'I think you look beautiful'. Then she got off her chair and went and gave him a hug. So sweet!
Had another new customer today who told me I had saved her life and she will definitely be coming back.
I also had another 2 new clients today for HD Brows today and they both loved their brows and kept saying how wonderful they were.
Another client came back for her 2nd HD Brow appointment today and kept telling me how much she loved her brows.
I've had a very smiley day today! :D

We booked our evening wedding reception venue today which made me smile.

My cat being in an extra cuddly mood today has made me smile.

Usually he only wants to know you at 9:30pm when he wants an evening cuddle, but don't know if he can sense I'm not 100%at the moment, but he's spent half of the day on my lap.

Small things like this is making me happy at the moment.

I'll be even more happy if I get a good nights sleep (see irked thread) !!

I was doing my makeup & had done one eye of eyeshadow, I was curious to see if my boyfriend could even tell so I looked at him & said 'Can you tell which eye is different?' & he replied with 'Yeah the right one looks more puffy'....... gee thanks :') made me giggle.

Also my standing with my little dog looking out of the window, we have a chair right next to the window so she stands with her front paws on the windowsill being nosey and she kept turning to me every now and then & licking my face. People have different theories as to why dogs lick but mine is that it's because they love & care for you :) I love her

I'm happy today cause i slept like a log last night ...... think the codine had something to do with it, but my neck has been slightly less painful today as well.

Then my sister popped over with her kids, spent the afternoon playing with my niece & nephew, they took my mind off certain other things, so good day all round for me :biggrin:

Just hearing my boys say " morning mummy I love you " that's enough to make me smile....well at least till they start demanding everything lol

My little girl Emmie (3) saying "I love you soooo much mummy"

20% off online at Nail Harmony .... i needed a few white & then treated myself to a couple of other new colours :)

My 10 year old son text me a picture of him at wembley in his footie kit looking sooo excited!

Hiya wonda,just being nosey what motorbike forums are you on?have you got a bike? I've got a 125 and I'm doing my bike test this year I've just booked my theory and starting my lessons real sn soo exciting!!😀Xx

Latest posts

Back