What makes you fab

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Whilst reading though Sassy's thought provoking thread I noticed that Geeg added a list of things that would make her stand out as a fab tech when anyone read it. So I would like to know what in your opinion makes you jump out of your ad's or website as better than someone else ???????????

Well I just recently got the greatest complement from a almost deaf client, she said: besides the fact that your work looks and feels great, you also take the time to talk to me even if it means you need more to give me a rebalence.

So I think I stand out because I take the time to get to know people and never do a rushjob. They never leave the salon whitout me feeling great about the work a delivered. And offcourse I make sure they leave with the feeling their nails look great.
Minette

I too think it is conversation and rapor with clients. I make them feel at ease and comfortable, make them a bru and get chatting but always make sure they are happy with my work.

I also don't slate other salons even if my clients do! that would put me off if i was a client. I like to do little special offers and get them excited about new products I am getting, makes them feel special and that i am making an effort. I keep in touch aswell, like sending birthday/christmas cards and any promotions.

xxx

Confidence in what I do and knowing what I am talking about (most of the time :lol: ).

Also making myself readily available for them with that emergency replacement nail even though I'm booked up or suppose to be having the day off.

Listening and obviously creating the best set of nails I possibly can.

Teri x:hug:

I have to agree that I do go that extra mile for my clients I will send birthday cards, xmas cards I will spend time chatting to them and getting to know them well, I like to make them feel special and pampered while I am doing their treatment and I always treat each client as I myself would want to be treated. My clients know that they will get a professional service at a professional price and are happy with what I do for them.

I'll give it a go Lell...

Ok..Firstly i offer late nights...every night....most people work and a salon that shuts at 6pm is loosing out IMO...they loose and I win...:lol:

I also offer peace of mind...I can be trusted, I will not trash nails, I will not hurt you and I will not use rubbish products.

My ads are quite simple really...not to much info....No prices !!!!....

The word of mouth i get says the rest for me, and if anyone wants to hear more...my phone number is printed in bold...:lol:

xxx

I always remember personnal things like weddings births deaths etc.... I have a few disabled clients, or mobility problems don't bother me as i know from personnal experience what it's like. I'm brutilly honest even if it does me no favours, like if i think a client would be better suited to gel i will refer her to another nail tech i know that only does gel as i don't as yet ( although i'm on a waiting list at college for gel now )

I tell the truth always and i never ever slag off someone esle's salon work etc as that never makes you look good.:irked:

My biggest compilment was my lady ringing me when she had a nasty fall at home,when i asked why she rung me and not friends and family she repiled ' i knew you'd care, and you don't make me feel like a burden' Bless she's so sweet and has major mobility issuses.:green:

Most of my clients actually have a jest with me saying things like...."I can't see what you're trying to perfect! Ooooh you are picky!" Of course they do this in a nice way,
But I just reply with...."Look here, if I'm not satisfied with my work, how can I expect you to be! You'll thank me for it!"

It makes me feel "fab" that my clients think that I am a perfectionist and take pride in my work.

Also I take time to actually listen to what the client wants, and not presume. I can give advice on how I can compliment her hands by suggesting the right shape for her nail, but it would be her choice in the end. (They usually trust me on that one.)

What makes me "fab" is that I love what I do.
And it shows!!:cool:

When I was at college doing my training I was taught that clients were your clients,not your friends.Well I think that's rubbish,a lot of them are both.

I always treat my clients with kindness,I listen to their problems,their worries,I have stayed back after work to carry out their treatments(if urgent)Come in on my day off for wedding treatments or special occasions at times,I have gone to the chemist for one of my clients,sent cards and given gifts for my really special regulars.

I care very much about my clients.You build up such a bond with your long standing clients.I have made several friends,2 who I have been to the gym with and who I know would never have dared ventured into one had it not been for my encouragement and company.

This job is so much more than an everyday job.It's a people job and I love it and would be lost without my clients.:)

Advertising wise for my mobile business,I make sure my leaflets are smart,bold,stand out,list my qualifications,treatments and look 100% professional.Same goes even for my post card ads for shop windows,even laminated them to make them look as professional as possible.

I think if your ads look smart and professional then this is a fantastic way of saying this is how I work.

Although i love to hear and agree that relations is important with your clients...I don't think its a selling point of why you are a good nail technician...what i mean is....if you are selling yourself as a peoples person, then yeah...its a great thing to be proud off, but if you are selling yourself as a Nail tech...its just a part of it and not your greatest selling feature.

Do hope this is coming out how i mean it too....sorry if its not. xx

Although i love to hear and agree that relations is important with your clients...I don't think its a selling point of why you are a good nail technician...what i mean is....if you are selling yourself as a peoples person, then yeah...its a great thing to be proud off, but if you are selling yourself as a Nail tech...its just a part of it and not your greatest selling feature.

Do hope this is coming out how i mean it too....sorry if its not. xx
I know what your saying Angie,no good being a good peoples person if your crap at nails eh!!!or a rubbish beauty therapist.

I think the 2 go together though,I mean you have to sit there a long time having your nails done.Who would want a nail tech with no empathy or chat?

But then again,who would want a chatty nail tech/beauty therapist who produced a rubbish set of nails evertime or who couldn't wax properly?,I wouldn't go back again.Sorry,think I'm waffling now,time for bed.

Its a package deal.I think perfection is the most important thing,produce a great set of nails or fab beauty treatment and word soon gets around and this in turn gives you a great reputation which brings in plenty of clients,well...that's what we hope eh!!!:)

Totally agree Angie you need to be a allrounder good at your job and good with the public:)
I had a client who stayed down at her daughters for a few weeks she went and had a manicure whilst down there and on her return told me that the tech only spoke to you twice while doing her treatment and she did say it was so boring Lell when you do my nails you make it fun :)

thing is...your existing clients know your a fab, kind and caring person...(as well a good nail tech)...but your new potential clients wouldnt....and its those you are trying to attract. So what i mean is...if you are selling yourself...its got to be about what you do and not about if your nice...they will see this once they meet you.

(thanks Babs..xx)

Totally agree that with new clients it as to be on your work and experience I get 90% from word of mouth and I think this comes back through my exsisting clients who recommend me which they wouldn't do if my nails were not up to much.

You can't beat recommendation, I think that if most of your clients are based on that........You gotta be fab.:!:

Hey.........that means I'm Fab too!!:lol:

Gosh I sound so pretentious!!:eek:

You can't beat recommendation, I think that if most of your clients are based on that........You gotta be fab.:!:

Hey.........that means I'm Fab too!!:lol:

Gosh I sound so pretentious!!:eek:

Yep your fab babes :hug:

I have had 3 full sets since I started working here a week and a half ago, all three where fairly bad nail biters, all three got custom blended manicures. $60.00 for a full set... I am the only person in my town trained in this system.

People see how excited I get, and they get excited. Its not so much, how I treat my clients that makes them feel special, its how I treat their nails.

Every appointment I have had, has also purchased some kind of retail. I be sure to retail something for everyone, Hempz is huge for the highschool girls. Creative Scentsations, is great for older generations. I know whats sells as I worked a distributor.

I give every full set customer a little bottle of solar oil, they truly appreciate that.. Most places I know of just try to sell it to you... I have the cuticle balm and bigger bottles for that..

As I can see I probably have the best nail retail in town, I know this because its a small town, everyone knows everyone!! YA KNOW

Word of mouth and a good portfolio as well as my ability to work later hours is what is making me successful so early.

I am also doing a drawing for a free Spa Mani or Full Set. That way any person that enters will know about me. I will also give people who entered a chance to have 10% off their first visit.

If only I had known all this the first time!!!

I think what makes me fab is the fact that I'm a people person. I think it's extremely important to remember that is people's hard earned cash that they are paying you and that aside it's their "me time", a wee break from the norm and them wanting to feel special for that couple or hours(sometimes more, I need to get my speed up :irked: ).

Think how you feel when you go get your hair done etc., I personally hate when you are treated a just another client then it's next!

I like to chat and even when I can't really be bothered I smile and give them the time and attention I feel they deserve.

I am very different to local tech's. The ones close enough to me who i have been to prior to my training.

They can not do p+w,they do not practise good hygeine and allthough i have a long way to go my nails do not scream FAKE.

Latest posts

Back