What nail condition is this??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joanne...

Reaction score
Hi all, need some help again please i took this picture the other day of a ladies thumb, i thought she had banged or trapped it at some point but she said she hadn't and it just appeared about a year ago, does anyone know what it might be? she said if she doesnt have acrylic over it it splits to the free edge. thanks xx

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 202
Have you queried re her possibly picking at it, ie habit tic or similar. Conditions like that don't just appear overnight with no explanation or reason. I'm thinking that she might well have been rubbing/picking at her nail without realising it, I know of 2 people who do the same thing and when I tell them to stop picking they deny it, even though I see it with my own eyes :lol:

Yes i did ask her about that and if she had been pulling her nail extensions off but she said no.

Yes i did ask her about that and if she had been pulling her nail extensions off but she said no.

Hun, one thing I have learned
Clients lie:green:
Someone on here, a long time ago had a new client who was a nail biter, lady vehemently denied being a biter. Tech didn't argue, client came in the following day, somewhat embarrassed. She had completely trashed her nails in her sleep:eek:
This looks like long term picking or biting and an infection at some stage.
Only other nail I've seen that looked like this was one that nail zoo did a popit on. That lady had been in some sort of accident as I recall.
Me? well after using cuticle oil on it I would put nail bite on it. That would soon let her know if its drifting up to her mouth:lol:

could it be that her nail was damaged when she was younger ,my sister has a crack every now and again in her thumb when her nail grows too long ,when she was younger she caught her thumb between the door a couple of times

Latest posts

Back