What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decadence over rock royalty....

Matches my red velvet whoopies perfectly!

Did this combo on a client yesterday, gorgeous deep red, loved it and very similar to what I have on mine, overtly onyx with masquerade, just without the shimmer :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352229631.713329.jpg

Would help if I put the pic up!

Mine. I said to hubby do like my nails and he said they're a bit over the top lol!

I have UV Gel Extensions with Gelish in Bella's Vampire with Starburst layered over the top, and Vegas Nights on the ring fingers x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352233415.232246.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352233415.232246.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 665
I have UV Gel Extensions with Gelish in Bella's Vampire with Starburst layered over the top, and Vegas Nights on the ring fingers x

Love the colour of these x

Devonnaydf how did u do those oil slick? They look fabulous! Would live to try with shellac if its possible!!!

Also love the cow nails!

They are very easy to do! I used Gelish for my base colors, (from the Rio collection... Hot pink, yellow and blue). I sponged them on overlapping them to get orange, green and purple and cure. Do again for brighter effect and cure. Top coat and cure. Do not remove inhibition layer! Apply a very thin (see through) dark color over top coat, then use a dotter and dot different sized spots of top coat and allow to spread and cure. Top coat again and cure. Wipe inhibition layer off and done.

Go to Young Nails Facebook page, there is a video tutorial on there called Mani Q color Snake Skin Design. That's where I got it from! Happy nailing!

just watched this, surely you'd need to apply a full coverage of TC after curing the TC spots?

I use Shellac, I don't use Gelish so maybe i'm missing something? x

Yes, you need to apply another coat of TC after curing the spots. You can also get the rainbow colors by using Additives over a coat of Cream Puff.

Sorry to bombard with questions but dying to get that look! Did you do neon splodges underneath a dark top cat and then dot TIO over like the video? Or did you do something different? Yours look so good! Xx

I used Gelish but you can achieve the same look using CND additives in red, yellow and blue.
1. base coat and cure
2. Sleek white or cream puff and cure. ( I only did 1 coat, but 2 will make it pop more)
3. Sponge pink, yellow and blue in random areas but overlap to get orange, green and purple. Cure. Repeat if brighter color wanted. OR
3. Apply additives the same way
4 top coat and cure. DO NOT WIPE AWAY INHIBITION LAYER
5 apply black shadow or black pool very thin, you want it see through DO NOT CURE
6 apply random spots of top coat to the black with a dotting tool and allow to spread and cure. You can do one at a time and lock in place if needed
7. Apply another coat of top coat and cure. Remove inhibition layer

HTH!

Not mine but my clients

Pretty poison with tinsel toast, peacock irresistible foil on ring fingers, they look gorgeous in real life x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352292236.068652.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352292236.068652.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 462
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352292253.820315.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352292253.820315.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 434
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352310062.729966.jpg shellac wildfire with pink foil.

I used Gelish but you can achieve the same look using CND additives in red, yellow and blue.
1. base coat and cure
2. Sleek white or cream puff and cure. ( I only did 1 coat, but 2 will make it pop more)
3. Sponge pink, yellow and blue in random areas but overlap to get orange, green and purple. Cure. Repeat if brighter color wanted. OR
3. Apply additives the same way
4 top coat and cure. DO NOT WIPE AWAY INHIBITION LAYER
5 apply black shadow or black pool very thin, you want it see through DO NOT CURE
6 apply random spots of top coat to the black with a dotting tool and allow to spread and cure. You can do one at a time and lock in place if needed
7. Apply another coat of top coat and cure. Remove inhibition layer

HTH!
I tried with shellac yesterda and it just doesn't look like the pics, I used the thinnest coat of blackpool I could and it was still too dark! I used tinsel toast with faux fur over and that looked a bit better.

Finally managed to my holiday nails I couldn't decide whether to do princess, minnie or Mickey Mouse nails so just decided to go with them all... Leaving for Florida Friday :)))))) xxx

A pic would help lol xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352315702.002555.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352315702.002555.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 663
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352319735.687459.jpg

My 1st proper attempt on myself with stamps!

Shellac tinsel toast and konad.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352320332.338724.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352320332.338724.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 687
Glitter tips with gelish!
My first attempt at glitter tips I patted glitter into wet gel but found the finished look quite bulky, how does everyone else do it?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1352322849.244910.jpg

Latest posts

Back