What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first play with glitters over Gelcolor :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359899409.992826.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359899409.992826.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 350
I can not do nail art for toffee, glitter tips is far as I go but then I've never been asked for it either. So mine are just plain and simple Shellac, Beau with Silver VIP Status over. Bit boring compared to you lot but I like them :)

Beautiful and classy. They are beautifully applied, you should be proud =} xx

My lil sisters nails I did today :D

I LOVE these. Hope you don't mind me asking all of your advice please (sorry to go slightly off topic).

I use gelicure and am also bio sculpture trained, however I wasn't really overly confident with my bio application, so swiftly stuck with gelicure when it launched.

However, I'm now getting a lot of people asking for gelicure over extensions. If I master my extension tip application method and use bio sculpture to create a plain and solid overlay as a base to do my gelicure, how do I go about it? Would I just use one layer of clear and two of S gel for strength? Or is there a better way to go about it?

These are beautiful, and I noticed you had replied saying that they were gel extensions with gel polish over the top. I've noticed a lot of other people also do this.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could please help me 😊 xx

I LOVE these. Hope you don't mind me asking all of your advice please (sorry to go slightly off topic).

I use gelicure and am also bio sculpture trained, however I wasn't really overly confident with my bio application, so swiftly stuck with gelicure when it launched.

However, I'm now getting a lot of people asking for gelicure over extensions. If I master my extension tip application method and use bio sculpture to create a plain and solid overlay as a base to do my gelicure, how do I go about it? Would I just use one layer of clear and two of S gel for strength? Or is there a better way to go about it?

These are beautiful, and I noticed you had replied saying that they were gel extensions with gel polish over the top. I've noticed a lot of other people also do this.

S-gel Sarah as you will need this for the strength in the apex.... trying applying a thin coat of s-gel over the entire nail and tip then using an upper arch brush drop a large bead of s-gel to the apex and allow it to level then cure, works a treat for me and barely any buffing required after. x

Hi Sarah
I was taught that s-gel needs to be lightly buffed if colour is being put on top. I put shellac over s-gel if someone needs a bit more strength - no problem.

Ps I'm in spa - not too far from you :)

Valentines :) xx

When u did the acrylic paint work did u do it in top off the two colour coats the top it off or top it off the paint then top it off again? They look fab xx

[/attach][/attach][/attach]

Attachments

• 21691_173459369458529_703307000_n.jpg
    21691_173459369458529_703307000_n.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 374
  • 385332_195036250634174_18570977_n.jpg
    385332_195036250634174_18570977_n.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 373
  • 408335_204152246389241_950413531_n.jpg
    408335_204152246389241_950413531_n.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 357
  • 549863_207953639342435_1597241742_n.jpg
    549863_207953639342435_1597241742_n.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 520
Love is in the air :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359914772.230185.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1359914772.230185.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 268
It's probably a good job that I didn't see it, I had other geeks private message me to offer support to me about your response.

Luckily for me, I have been extremely busy and this is the first time I have been able to log on again since I posted.

I think it should be remembered that this site is to offer help and advise and if some "didn't get the memo" then there are better ways to voice the way you work.

Are you aware that some people are not so informed as you and that this site was created to help advance knowledge and to network with like minded people?

Yes we are all passionate about our craft, that is why emotions get in the way sometimes. If someone can not make an observation without a frosty reply, something is seriously wrong.

This is the main reason why a lot of newbie geeks just sit and observe and most of their first post start with "I'm a newbie, be gentle with me"

I thank the geeks that have messaged me, that was so very kind. I look forward to meeting those at The Event
Rein your neck in girly, a question was asked about how they are done.. I replied with how "I" do them.
You quoted and I replied again with how "I" do them.

Which was what my long post explained.

If anyone wants to direct anything regarding my deleted post to me then please do it via PM, I'll look forward to reading them,
Many thanks...

Now then back to topic at hand..
My nails are a heady mix of wildfire, a splash of magnolia matt emulsion and few dots of white gloss... Fantastic contrast.
I'm going to name them The decorators mess!! ;)

Latest posts

Back