What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this idea somewhere on Facebook so had to try it, hope you like :)

I love these so much that im gonna have to try having a go too. So cute.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

uhu5atun.jpg

My nails at the moment. Sculpted l&p, blue and pink with 3d flower

They are L&P Rentention+ Clear sculpts, then blackpool shellac on it, 2 swarovski's,.

Thank you!!! Oh I love them!!!

uhu5atun.jpg

My nails at the moment. Sculpted l&p, blue and pink with 3d flower

Whaw, they are stunning. Very very nice. As long i you girls keep posting such a beauiful work, i got to practise, and practise and practise again :lol:

My daughters Red Nose Day nails :)

Red Nose Day nails :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363334074.138807.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363334074.138807.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 499
Had a cheeky go with brisa lite sculpting in French. They are anything but perfect, I was trained in l+p so never worked with a gel before. Training course just under 2 weeks away and can't wait to get working.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363335094.469538.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363335094.469538.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 430
These are mines just now but about to change to match my outfit for wedding tomorrow :) it was my first time trying stiletto and was using normal tips so not the best shape :/

e7epeped.jpg

Mine at the moment,12 days in so very outgrown and almost time for my next creation!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363339020.252982.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363339020.252982.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 409
How did you do the third one in from the left, please? Xx

Sorry to jump in just thought I would be helpful if I can :)

I am guessing it is done over a normal rockstar design (with top coat I assume?) but that style of carving looks to me to be very similar to that of the Fingernail Fixer's technique of carving out of a non cured layer of colour firstly using a brush for the wider sections and then finishing off the detail using a dotting tool.. does that make sense?

This video has carving with glitter underneath CND Shellac art combining techniques - YouTube
And this one shows the carving that is very similar style of the one you were asking about I hope! Easy and Not as Easy Shellac for NAILS - YouTube

(my daughter is at nursery so I have time to kill!! :))

Smellenor you are correct. :biggrin:

A finished rockstar, then I layered over one coat of colour and carved out the design. I used a flat pointed brush so didn't need the dotting tool to make the finer points.

That video is one of my all time favourites.

First attempt at chevron nails on myself!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363340634.840093.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363340634.840093.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 435
IMG_5691.jpg

These are some nails I did last night for Comic Relief - Apart from the top left photo - all were done on men - the man in the bottom right photo had badly bitten nails -they were a challenge :D - all for a good cause though x

IMG_5673.jpg
thumbnails on my daughter - she has tiny nail beds, and bites her nails, which didn't help - but she was happy to go to school sporting her comic relief nails x

Polka dot Shellac over l&p sculpts. I'm going to a vintage wedding in May and just practising my nails.

Attachments

• polka.jpg
    polka.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 416
Trying lots if layering just now and love this combo, Tropix x1 strawberry smoothie x2 with flower decals.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363344534.804982.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363344534.804982.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 366
picture.php

Girls, this is my first try, so be gentle :p

I wil make these nails every day on my nailtrainer untill i master it.
The filing could be better.

All advise is more then welcome.

Very nice, I have a bridal party next month, monochrome theme so might try this. What were the steps if you don't mind me asking conny? Xxxx

V

picture.php

Girls, this is my first try, so be gentle :p

I wil make these nails every day on my nailtrainer untill i master it.
The filing could be better.

All advise is more then welcome.

I'm no expert on sculpted nails, but I have seen a nail or two and these look pretty darn good! You should be really proud! :!:

I always love your nails.
But i would love them even more when they all had the pinky-form ;-)

Thank you! :) Iv had them stiletto for quite a while so I fancied a change x

Latest posts

Back