What nails are you sporting today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a new set of l&p with gelish go girl with cnd glittering top x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363355085.281193.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363355085.281193.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 433
This is me today, natural nails (except index finger due to breakage) with Gelish.

Forgot it was Red Nose Day, otherwise I'd have done red & white !!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363355774.258603.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363355774.258603.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 426
Me today :)

Shellac in - "Azure Wish" with "Periwinkle Twinkle" Glitter additive and Konad bow on accent finger

Attachments

• Glitter Tips - 1.jpg
    Glitter Tips - 1.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:
One from this week

Attachments

• nautical.jpg
    nautical.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 419
A new colour of mine :) used it last night on a client... She loved it!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363372272.181618.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363372272.181618.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 366
Lovely! Which stamp is that please chick? X
It's one of the 2012 bundle moster plates, I can't look at which oe as it's at the salon sorry x

Very nice, I have a bridal party next month, monochrome theme so might try this. What were the steps if you don't mind me asking conny? Xxxx

V

I started with a short nail, almost no free edge.
Then sculpted with Clear CND L&P Retention+
The black is done with Shellac Blackpool, to get a clean edge, i used a brush dipped in bluescrub to tighten up.
cure and apply second layer Blacpool.
Cure.
Then i used my e-file to drill a little circle to apply my Swarovski crystal. That way it's flatter :rolleyes: but i don't think it's a "must"
After applying the second crystal, topcoat with Brisa topcoat, cure and done.

Will you be able to do your right hand yourself? I'm not ;-)

I use eco soak off gels and its aubergine. My clients love this gel, I'm in the process of deciding whether or not to move to shellac and train to use shellac but this works well so do I change when something's working because of the name or stick to what my clients love?!

Sorry to jump in just thought I would be helpful if I can :)

I am guessing it is done over a normal rockstar design (with top coat I assume?) but that style of carving looks to me to be very similar to that of the Fingernail Fixer's technique of carving out of a non cured layer of colour firstly using a brush for the wider sections and then finishing off the detail using a dotting tool.. does that make sense?

This video has carving with glitter underneath CND Shellac art combining techniques - YouTube
And this one shows the carving that is very similar style of the one you were asking about I hope! Easy and Not as Easy Shellac for NAILS - YouTube

(my daughter is at nursery so I have time to kill!! :))

Thank you SO much. Can't wait to try it!! Xx

I have a little query that hopefully somebody can help me with...

When you're doing sculpts or l&p with gel polish/shellac, what are your clients re-booking for? Do you just do normal rebalances, or are your clients wanting completely new designs?

I'm curious as I've recently started practising sculpting again, and have practised this week on friends, but when I come to offer it as a service to my clients, I don't think they'll want them rebalanced, as a lot of my clients always go for a completely new design each time.

Is there a way or removing the gel polish/shellac without removing the enhancement?

Sorry if this is a really stupid question!! I covered rebalancing in my original training, but nail art wasn't as popular in my wee salon as what it is now, and I'm just a bit unsure of what to do :-/ xx

One of my clients today, black glitter tip French with Swarovskis over Brisa lite xx x

Sarah22, I sculpt and also apply shellac on top, and as the L&P should be rebalanced every 2 weeks, I just file the shellac off the top of the enhancement and continue a rebalance and application as usual. I haven't had a client want to change their polish in between rebalances and they go of something new each time xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363381927.185911.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363381927.185911.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 429
I have a little query that hopefully somebody can help me with...

When you're doing sculpts or l&p with gel polish/shellac, what are your clients re-booking for? Do you just do normal rebalances, or are your clients wanting completely new designs?

I'm curious as I've recently started practising sculpting again, and have practised this week on friends, but when I come to offer it as a service to my clients, I don't think they'll want them rebalanced, as a lot of my clients always go for a completely new design each time.

Is there a way or removing the gel polish/shellac without removing the enhancement?

Sorry if this is a really stupid question!! I covered rebalancing in my original training, but nail art wasn't as popular in my wee salon as what it is now, and I'm just a bit unsure of what to do :-/ xx

You would just file off the shellac or gel polish then rebalance the enhancement then apply different shellac colour and any art again.
Hth x

You would just file off the shellac or gel polish then rebalance the enhancement then apply different shellac colour and any art again.
Hth x

Thanks so much for your reply. I thought this might be the case, but just wanted to be 100% sure so that I know what to do when I'm rebalancing the friends I've been practising on!!

Can I just say, I love your nails... I liked your fb page recently and I've watched a couple of your videos. They've really helped 😊 xx

Thanks so much for your reply. I thought this might be the case, but just wanted to be 100% sure so that I know what to do when I'm rebalancing the friends I've been practising on!!

Can I just say, I love your nails... I liked your fb page recently and I've watched a couple of your videos. They've really helped 😊 xx

Glad to help, no probs :)
Lol I don't have a FB page you're getting me mixed up with someone else I think lol ;) xx

Glad to help, no probs :)
Lol I don't have a FB page you're getting me mixed up with someone else I think lol ;) xx

Sorry I meant to quote the above comment by DivinebyDesign!! Lol. I thought that was her comment until I got your notification back lol. Brains like mush after a crazy day, sorry!! Thanks for your help as well xx

Latest posts

Back