What should I buy-spray tan machine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalebron

Reaction score
I have trained with Sienna and use all there products but my T200 has given up after only 13 months!! I have to pay to get a new motor put in but am thinking I need a backup, as now I'm losing money!

I dont want to pay out for another T200 right now as im having to pay for new motor in my old one and have been thinking of getting a Maximist XL from suntana. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated?

Yes, the MaxiMist is a great machine. You can also now get the new TS50 which is just out. Both are very similar machines and have equally good reputations for reliability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx... I'll take a look :)

Do u know if they handle well at tanning parties?? I'm doing a lot of groups 6-8 people at a time!

Do u know if they handle well at tanning parties?? I'm doing a lot of groups 6-8 people at a time!

Hello!

I have just recently bought the new Ts50 which is an upgrade to the HVLp 5008... I have used them aching only once as I am not yet trained however I have done A LOT of research into what machine to buy and the TS50 is good to use for tan after tan after tan I.e tanning parties! I would def recommend getting your machine from Fresh Indulgence...that's where I got mine from...best deal i have seen! :) good luck x

Ok thanx.

Was just looking at them, the maximist comes with a 2yr warranty from sultana and the ts50 comes with just a year from fresh indulgence!!

Having bought my last machine only 13 months ago... Not sure whether to take safe bet and go with 2 yr warranty!

Hey hun, did you get the Maximist XL? I'm torn between that and the T200 but can't really afford the T200 so was thinking of getting the Maximist to tie me over for now. Was just wondering if you've bought it and what you think of it? xx

The 5008 & TS50 both have the same Earlex motor in them so will tan all day long if needed.

The TS50 has a newer gun designed to make it easier for adjusting (great for newbies) when tanning but the 5008 is just as easy to adjust when you know what to do.

Both guns will give you the same amount of tans per litre (if they are set correcty) and the machines will last you years and years.

Steve@Nouvatan has tested them both out and sells them both & anyone who knows anything about Nouvatan, knows they don't recomend or sell anything they have not tried out & don't beieve in. Not sure if they still have the 5008 in stock but as it's been discontinued you need to buy quickly if there are any left (when they are gone they are gone).

The Maximist XL from Suntana is the same (internal machine made by Earex & the same gun) as the 5008 machine but doesn't have the clips to hold the hose around the machine (which I find so handy).

I think: if you can still get the cheaper 5008 or maximist Xl then it will perfom all day long and give you a good amount of tans per litre, once you learn how to set it. If these machines are out of stock or you want setting the gun to be super easy & a machine that will do all the 5008 does, then pay the extra cash & get the TS50.

BaggyBear what machine do you use? In your opinion, what's the best machine out now? I noticed your from Merthyr, I'm from Glynneath, small world :)

Hi Emmalebron,

The 2-year warranty is supplied by MaxiMist themselves, so our MaxiMists come with a 2 year warranty also. The TS50s are supplied with only 6 months from Earlex but most suppliers tend to back you for a year; minimal risk on our part (only ever had one Earlex machine fail and it happened within the first couple of weeks (so in Earlex warranty anyway) so must have been a manufacturing fault - they seem to go on forever otherwise), but a bit of peace of mind for you.

I have a 5008 and love, love, love it.

As I said above I believe the 5008, maximist XL (same as 5008) & TS50 are all great machines that will last you a LONG time.

They all appear to be great investments for tanners - Steve@Nouvatan has said that they test the machines (and put them through really tough testing) before they will agree to sell them. I trust what Steve says as EVERY bit of advice or information I have EVER had or seen from him has been 100% truthfull & spot on.

Nouvatan are in the business of telling you how it is - he even advised me not to bother buying the new TS50 gun. I was considering getting just the gun from Nouvatan for use with my 5008 machine but as I am used to the 5008 gun and know how to set it etc... he told me there is no point buying the new gun as I will not get anymore tans from a litre and therfore it would not be economical to get it unless my gun was broken.

I don't get to try out all the machines like Nouvatan do but I totally trust what they have to say when it comes to things like this.

Oh & Carly - yeah small world lol.

Sorry to hijack this thread but, how many tans will I get out of 300ml?

Depending on how well you have your gun set and how experienced you are, anything up to 7 tans.

If your experienced and your gun is set correctly for the solution then aprox 40ml per tan would get 7.

If your less experienced or your gun is not set correctly then obviously you will use more ml per tan and get less tans from the 300ml.

Talk to Steve at Nouvatan to ind out the truth and not the sales pitch.

Mat

Talk to Steve at Nouvatan to find out the truth and not the sales pitch.

Mat
Just to clarify, I have no interest in any sales as I'm JUST a mobile tanner, I have no ties to any company that sells machines or solutions.

My posts are my opinions and based on information I have read, most of which is from this site.

Hi there, sorry for late reply! I haven't bought anything yet so can't compare!

The only thing I can think that will be different between the two machines is the hoses. I do love that the t200 has a metal hose. That was one of the main factors in buying that machine. It also properly locks into the machine. It seems the 5008 hose just pushes in so may take some getting used to.

I am REALLY disappointment mine has only lasted 13 months. It says 6-7 tabs per day and I do do tanning parties but not super often and in between it's 2-3 tabs per day max!! It's for this reason I'm going for the 2 yr warranty machine.

Ive taken the plunge and bought a Ts50 :) Thanks for the help x

The 5008 & TS50 both have the same Earlex motor in them so will tan all day long if needed.

The TS50 has a newer gun designed to make it easier for adjusting (great for newbies) when tanning but the 5008 is just as easy to adjust when you know what to do.

Both guns will give you the same amount of tans per litre (if they are set correcty) and the machines will last you years and years.

Steve@Nouvatan has tested them both out and sells them both & anyone who knows anything about Nouvatan, knows they don't recomend or sell anything they have not tried out & don't beieve in. Not sure if they still have the 5008 in stock but as it's been discontinued you need to buy quickly if there are any left (when they are gone they are gone).

The Maximist XL from Suntana is the same (internal machine made by Earex & the same gun) as the 5008 machine but doesn't have the clips to hold the hose around the machine (which I find so handy).

I think: if you can still get the cheaper 5008 or maximist Xl then it will perfom all day long and give you a good amount of tans per litre, once you learn how to set it. If these machines are out of stock or you want setting the gun to be super easy & a machine that will do all the 5008 does, then pay the extra cash & get the TS50.

Is there anything Baggy Bear doesn't know!?!?? On behalf of the Salon Geek community THANK YOU for all your wisdom and advice. :hug:

Nouvatan still have the 5008 in stock. Ordered mine yesterday and it has just arrived :D Now I am a happy bunny lol.

Latest posts

Back