What should I call myself?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zowee

Reaction score
Morning All!

As the title says, I'm having trouble trying to think of a name for my business. I am about to qualify in Nails, but I don't want my business name to include the word nails because I am about to start a massage diploma and will be doing a tanning course in September also. The treatments I am most passionate about are l+p nails, shellac, tanning and massage. I think it's because they are treatments I enjoy most myself.

Anyway, I don't want to use my own name (Zowee). I've come up with one, 'Ritzy' which I believe means elegant, lavish, elaborate, chic, glamourous......

That's the only one I've come up with and it's driving me wild! Lol! I'd like to start working on aftercare sheets, consultation forms and promotional material as soon as I can.
Any words of wisdom from you wonderful geeks would be very much appreciated :D
What do you all think?
X

You should jot down words or names that you like and see if anything jumps out at you.

Do you want to name it after where you're based or any famous landmarks etc in your area?

You should also check the other topics here - there was one recently with someone in your situation. I think she has decided on her name so you could see if youre inspired by any of the other suggestions.

Hope this helps?

Thank You for your reply :)

I'm in Cornwall. I've been jotting down words, then going on to a online thesaurus and seeing what other words mean the same etc.

I really like the word lush but I know that different generations have different uses for this word. Also Lavish, but a salon has opened up about 10 miles away with that name :/

I'm going to check out other threads. What did you think of 'Ritzy' btw?
:d

Ritzy wouldn't be my favourite to be honest but don't let that put you off.

How about luscious instead of lush?

Luscious Beauty
Cornish Beauty
Beautify
Haven

Any of this helpful?

i think of those ritz biscuits/chedder crackers....mmmm sorry!

Seriously, the name is your brand and your image so you kinda have too envision what you may expand in doing and where you see your brand/logo in salon or mobile! hths xoxo

I'd also think of your client base and what might appeal to them. The clearer idea you have of that the easier it becomes to decide quickly on different ideas (that's what I found anyway). I too liked lush but when I thought about it preferred luxe. Just a lil idea.

I eventually decided on something I liked but it was v popular so personalised it with adding my name (a suggestion from a geek) so that nay open up a lot of possibilities if you decide to go with "xyzname by zowee" for example or "Ritzy by Zo"
Xx

Ritzy wouldn't be my favourite to be honest but don't let that put you off.

How about luscious instead of lush?

Luscious Beauty
Cornish Beauty
Beautify
Haven

Any of this helpful?

I like Beautify. Going to search Local area to see if this has been used by anyone else.

X

i think of those ritz biscuits/chedder crackers....mmmm sorry!

Seriously, the name is your brand and your image so you kinda have too envision what you may expand in doing and where you see your brand/logo in salon or mobile! hths xoxo

Don't be sorry lol!!! Honesty is what I wanted! Ritzy is out!

I know what you mean I need something that I'm going to be happy and works for the long run.

Thank you all for you replies :d

Not sold on Ritzy either... not sure why... maybe it's over used? :)

I went with Hrafna Tree - people ALWAYS ask me where it came from and I promise you few forget it once they've seen it - it actually means Raven Tree in old norse. Raven was just a little dark for my taste so I merely picked the same word in the language of my forefathers :)

I also liked that until I added beauty to the end of it then no-one would have known or associated it with what I do - that way it's less likely anyone else would have the same name :)

If there is a particular feature nearby that sounds pretty why not look at making that into a name? :) Or even your favourite flower? :)

Wowee nails by Zowee! ?

Not sold on Ritzy either... not sure why... maybe it's over used? :)

I went with Hrafna Tree - people ALWAYS ask me where it came from and I promise you few forget it once they've seen it - it actually means Raven Tree in old norse. Raven was just a little dark for my taste so I merely picked the same word in the language of my forefathers :)

I also liked that until I added beauty to the end of it then no-one would have known or associated it with what I do - that way it's less likely anyone else would have the same name :)

If there is a particular feature nearby that sounds pretty why not look at making that into a name? :) Or even your favourite flower? :)

Fantastic name!!!!
I'm going to sit here with a pen and paper and write down anything that comes to mind whilst watching the soaps lol!
I'm living in cornwall but I'm actually from the isle of man so I may look at some manx words and see what I like, flowers is a fab idea too.
Thank You :d

Wowee nails by Zowee! ?

I'm not so sure about this Deb!!! Lol! I do appreciate you taking a minute to reply though!
Something will cone soon..... It has too!!!!

Please don't use Cornish in your name as it reminds me of Cornish Pastys or Cornish Ice cream! Lol.

Just keep brainstorming, it will come to you eventually. X

Please don't use Cornish in your name as it reminds me of Cornish Pastys or Cornish Ice cream! Lol.

Just keep brainstorming, it will come to you eventually. X

I will definitely NOT be using Cornish! HaHa!!

Just come across:
Incandescent

I really like the word! Lol, better check the meaning. This is turning out to be harder than I thought :/

Me again!

What do you all think of Celeste? The first 'e' would have an accent above it. It means heavenly in French :)

Isn't Celeste a contraceptive pill brand?

I will definitely NOT be using Cornish! HaHa!!

Just come across:
Incandescent

I really like the word! Lol, better check the meaning. This is turning out to be harder than I thought :/
I like incandescent! Sounds pretty. :)

Latest posts

Back