What should I call myself?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like incandescent! Sounds pretty. :)

Oh no, it means when something's so hot it glows white. Like when a blacksmith heats metal to make a sword.

Aww you should definitely use your Manx roots for inspiration although the only things I can think of are 3 legs and the cat with no tail and 1's a flag and the others a pub ;) how about something fairy related...?

It's hard choosing a name for your business, you want to be unique but there poses a danger of going overboard and the name becoming confusing

além da beleza - Beyond Beauty

Relax Polish and Glow? interpritationon Masage Nails and TAN?

Massein Si Kuko (masaage in Greek i think!! Si - Tan in French - Kuko - Nails in Fillipino!!)

Just a few ideas!! I think with your range it difficult to find something which covers them all!!

Celeste is out also then!

I had no idea it was also a pill lol!

I do like Kuko, it's a definite candidate!

I know what you mean about incandescent, I also thought of incandescence?!? I saw that as the meaning also, but under the hot glowing description was brilliant and bright.

I'm going to keep looking at Manx words too, the Manx language isn't spoken there much anymore so I'll have to research online.

Thank You for all yours ideas, it's much appreciated, if you have anymore you know where I am lol :d

Right well I found out 'Ferrish' is the name for Fairy in Manx, the names of the fairies themselves are all abit strange, I couldnt spell any of them let alone say them!!!

Then I came across goddess's of beauty and relaxation, apparently there was 3 of them and they were collectively called

'Kharites' or Graces, and they were the three goddesses of grace, beauty, adornment, mirth, festivity, dance, song, floral decoration, happiness, rest and relaxation.

So maybe 'kharite'

Hmmmm

I think that's a fab and original idea.

hi,
how about Neveah ... i love this name then when people ask you can say its heaven spelt backwards - bit more original x let us know what you decide on x

hi,
how about Neveah ... i love this name then when people ask you can say its heaven spelt backwards - bit more original x let us know what you decide on x

caelo is heaven in latin x

thought of another sorry - how bout - La Diva

caelo is heaven in latin x

I like caelo, would it be pronounced 'see low'?

I'm torn between Kharite, and Incandescence at the moment. I've given all my friends offline a headache about it too lol!

My OH keeps thinking of silly ideas like 'reem' (I'm a big towie fan but that's just not the image I want to have!) I think he's doing it to whined me up!

I like both Kharite and Incandescence because I think they'd make good salon/spa names, and I am going to work my butt of for however long it takes to have my own premises!!

Some friends have said that if I'm mobile and working from home then I don't really need a name, but i disagree :/ what do you all think?

Again, thank you for your help :d x xx

I like caelo, would it be pronounced 'see low'?

I'm torn between Kharite, and Incandescence at the moment. I've given all my friends offline a headache about it too lol!

My OH keeps thinking of silly ideas like 'reem' (I'm a big towie fan but that's just not the image I want to have!) I think he's doing it to whined me up!

I like both Kharite and Incandescence because I think they'd make good salon/spa names, and I am going to work my butt of for however long it takes to have my own premises!!

Some friends have said that if I'm mobile and working from home then I don't really need a name, but i disagree :/ what do you all think?

Again, thank you for your help :d x xx

Of course you need a name, it's your identity, and how others will find you in directories/google, and it needs to go on your business cards/price lists/ advertising/ leaflets . . . good lord, I bet those friends don't have businesses x

People could be a bit unsure how to say Kharite ?

Kar-rite? Ka-reety? Kah-rite? Kay-rite? Kay-righty? Kay-reety?

Sorry. I just think names everyone can pronounce have a head start

Incandescent is nice

lol at Reem

Of course you need a name, it's your identity, and how others will find you in directories/google, and it needs to go on your business cards/price lists/ advertising/ leaflets . . . good lord, I bet those friends don't have businesses x

This is exactly what I thought!!
They don't have businesses lol! Just thought as most of them enjoy going to salons themselves they may have a good idea.

I know what you mean about Kharite, I'm 99% sure on Incandescence.

I know I'll be fine with things from here, I did a business degree after my alevels, which until recently I thought was wasted but it looks as though it was money and time well spent!

Next step, logo. I'll post my designs on here as soon as I have some :d x

Latest posts

Back